I booked 2 rooms with The Horizon Club, Harbour View room in Nov 2012. The hotel has a very convenient location, with many restaurants within walking distance and the Tsim Tsa Tsui station, a mere 5 minute walk away. A taxi from the airport to the hotel cost us HKD 280.
Checking in was okay. We were ushered straight to the Horizon club floor for check-in. One of the rooms was not ready at check-in (at 4pm), but at least we had one room to freshen up in. Staff were generally friendly and helpful, although I feel the Horizon Club in Taipei was more personal and genuine. For example, after we checked into the Kowloon Shangri-La, we were not shown to the room, and they got our luggage mixed up with another room's. I had to return to the counter three times before my room was ready at almost 5pm. The young man at the counter had promised to send up the key card to the lounge where we waited, but had failed to do so.
The rooms are large, and well renovated. Bathrooms are clean and well designed. I love the bathroom amenities provided. The room was equipped with a Nespresso machine and a Chinese tea set (not sure if it was a welcome drink, as it was only provided in one of the two rooms, only on the first day). Beds are firm and luxurious. The view you get from the room is phenomenal. Whether day or night, it was great to relax in the armchair watching the hustle and bustle in the harbour. Internet was fast and reliable. It is complimentary to all Horizon Club guests.
Breakfast was plentiful and food was good. There was not much variation in the selections, but then you get all the usuals (local and international cuisine) which to me is more than enough. The cocktails were great at the lounge and the service was impeccable.
Getting around from the hotel was easy. You can get a taxi easily. There is a complimentary hotel shuttle to the nearby shopping malls. Signage to the MRT station was clear and straightforward.
We asked the club front desk to help us book ferry tickets to Macau. There was a service charge for this, but we found out eventually in Macau that there are a few ferry terminals and the one that was booked for us turned out to be an hour away (including the traffic jam) from our Macau hotel, when there was a nearer one just 10 minutes from the hotel. Again, this was dealt with by the same young man who checked us in. So, a word of advice, please specify which ferry terminal you want before you ask for help, as these intricrasies would not be explained to you when you ask for ferry tickets from the Horizon Club.
Overall, the view from the room was so spectacular that it shone through the imperfections that we encountered. We would definitely stay here again, but hopefully I won't be dealing with this same young man next time. The rest of the staff were great and hospitable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Otel, Ctrip DaoDao, Reservation Counter, Agoda, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong