Me and my husband were on our 25th wedding anniversary trip and this was our first time in Asia Hong Kong was our first stop for six days then off to Kuala Lumpur -Singapore -Thailand/ Bangkok and then staying in Thailand going from Bangkok to Hau Hin for the remainder our our Months holiday/25th wedding anniversary.
We were going to be staying at the Shangri-La hotels in all the main city’s and used a boutique type hotel in Hua Hin so the one in Hong Kong was going to be the flag bearer for the rest of the chain I must say we were not disappointed the reports and reviews we view were pretty much spot on.On our arrival to the hotel we were met with a warm smile and greeting from all staff members fast check in ( although we thought the travel agent had upgraded us to a harbour view to our disappointment this was not the case and we paid the extra for the privilege the staff knew we were going to be staying at all the other three destinations using their hotel chain but still charged us for the upgrade it would have been a nice gesture from them and showing a bit of loyalty to their customers hence the very good value score) still move on it we would not have missed looking onto the harbour area with all the boats and the view at night so pay we did. The room in the hotel was superb great space king size bed fridge two lounging chairs and table in the bay window overlooking the harbour the bathroom fittings were to a very high standard and the shower was great. The staff kindly sent us up a card some chocolates and a lovely bottle of champagne on the first day to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary nice touch and all items were quality chokies and champers.
The hotel breakfast that everybody talks about is sublime I cannot think of anyone leaving there breakfast still looking for anything from the many parts of the world they are catering for and not being able to have it the chiefs will cook you anything you could ask for if you can’t find it the juice bar fresh fruit bar is massive and fresh breads and patisseries all made in house if you find a better breakfast selection anywhere else in the world let me know this place would take some beating quality. The hotel staff are very friendly and nothing we asked of them was a bother all done with grace and a smile thanks. The hotel is situated in a good spot not too far away from all the main areas shops restaurants bus trips and ferry terminal all within walking distance there are several pubs on the harbour side just next to the hotel with live bands playing every night and a bit of pub grub if you need some we did not use the restaurant in the hotel but the bar was nice. In Hong Kong the shopping is amazing name a shop and you will have it there. From the hotel you can walk past the bus terminal as you come out the hotel and go left and take the escalator just to the right of the bus depot and this will take you up into a garden with lovely water fountains nice place to chill out and carry on through the gardens and you will come to the bridge that you can see in my photos this will take you across the main road to the harbour edge the hop on hop off bus stops here and this is the beginning to the movie star walkway with a couple of bars and coffee house. Keep walking up the movie star walkway and it will take you up to the main ferry terminal with local ferries and pre arranged boat trips all in this vicinity this area also has the laser show at night worth a visit no matter what side of the harbour you are on you can also take the local ferry across to Hong Kong island where again you can use the hop on hop off buses or go visiting the local areas.
The Big Bus Company bus we used for two days was good value and great just to do what you wanted when you wanted and at your own leisure. We used a tour company the first two days and it was all getting a bit rushed we still went back to areas we had seen on the first two days but this time at our pace. Hong Kong island is full of surprises beaches Disneyland Ocean Park Aberdeen Harbour Stanley Market The Peak Tram and observation deck a must do the best view over Hong Kong you will find just lots to do in so short a space you won’t take it all in but try it great. Hong Kong was great better than I imagined we enjoyed the people and the hotel would I go back to this hotel again no problem thanks Shangri-La for the stay from two very satisfied customers.
PS we did not use the Spa but people we spoke to enjoyed it hence the very good.
- Also Known As:
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel
- Kowloon Shangri La Hotel
- Kowloon Shangri La
- Shangri La Hong Kong
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located along the legendary Victoria Harbour, the award-winning Kowloon Shangri-La boasts 688 spacious and elegant guestrooms with modern conveniences and luxurious comfort. Five acclaimed food and beverage outlets, including a Michelin-starred Chinese restaurant, together with a sophisticated lounge and a chic bar, offer a range of exquisite cuisines. The Mass Transit Railway is just right next door, and the Airport Express stations and Star Ferry are only minutes away from the hotel, enhancing its already prime location as the hub of business, shopping and entertainment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Amex, getaroom.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip DaoDao, Otel, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.