I am sitting here on the 57th floor in the horizon club gazing at the expansive view this hotel offers. Unlike many other people who've reviewed this hotel we did not come here for business, but pleasure nor did we have a corp rate. This has been one of the best hotel stays I have had. The service has been amazing almost to a fault, the rooms are nice and spacious with all of the amenities incl scissors and espresso machine. The steam and sauna fantastic and the happy hour at the horizon club well worth the extra fee. Last night we ate at an adjoining hotel and the doorman walked us there and refused our tip. A favorite practice by the staff is knowing and calling us by name and checking our taxis upon arrival in case something is left behind (I always tend to drop something). It's been a brilliant stay!
I can only fault them a semi damp/mildew smell in the rooms upon entering and the wonton soup wasn't that great (but the dim sum was). And as other reviews state this a more elegant plush style hotel vs modern/hip. A few times I wish they hadn' taken my plate away so quickly, but those are minor in the grand scheme of luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong is a welcoming luxury hotel in the heart of the city. It soars 56 floors above Hong Kong's most prestigious shopping, cultural and business addresses, with memorable views of the Peak and Victoria Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA and Jetsetter so you can book your Island Shangri-La Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Island Shangri La Hotel
- Hotel Island Shangri La
- Shangri La Hotel Hong Kong
- Island Shangri-La Hong Kong