The Peninsula Hong Kong, the grand dame of Hong Kong - what a wonderful hotel. I stay here regularly and I'm always pleased with the choice. The hotel exudes luxury, friendliness and comfort - all under one roof.
My reservation was made by American Express under their fine hotels and resorts package. Check in was efficient and I was asked as to my preference of room location. A courtyard room was available and I was escorted to my room for a two night stay. Rooms are well appointed with very modern devices such as iPad controls. The butler box is useful for sending laundry and for the shoe shine service. After check in I took a bath and relaxed for half an hour and then off to meetings. Bathrooms again,well appointed with luxury amenities. And two sourvineer soap gifts to take away. Arrived back around 9.30pm and took a light dinner in the lobby - excellent food.
Breakfast the following morning I took at the Verandah restaurant - buffet style with their usual excellent selection. I love the Japanese style eggs. Great omelettes to! Nice, bright and relaxing - just the place to start the day. No hurry! If the juice you want isn't there or you want a combination - just ask. There is also a full variety of tea or coffee on demand - so feel free to ask. Great selection of pastries as you would expect!
Hotel in close proximity to the Hong Kong Art Museum - so that's always on my agenda. It's an excellent museum and has thought provoking displays. I am regularly impressed with this museum as indeed I am with the hotel.
All rooms have VOIP service which allows you unlimited telephone calls to anywhere in the world. Great idea which allows you to save a few dollars on calls and is appreciated. Good quality connection.
Check out was efficient and my 4pm check out was extended to 5.30pm as per my request. Concierge is super helpful and knowledgeable on Hong Kong matters. It was a great stay and I was sorry to leave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 11th December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors for the first time. Classic, contemporary chic arrives at The Peninsula Hong Kong, as this legend of the East redefines luxury once more. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and a new era of personalisation, the launch of the newly renovated guestrooms in The Peninsula Tower have paved the way for the transformation of guestrooms in the Original Building, which will be unveiled in April 2013 to usher in the hotel’s 85th anniversary celebrations. Accenting simplicity and elegance, the new rooms aesthetic melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets, taking The Peninsula guest experience to a new level of comfort. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, nine award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade.A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Splendia, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula