“Hong Kong's Finest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Peninsula Hong Kong

You added The Peninsula Hong Kong to your Saves list
The Peninsula Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Salisbury Road, Tsim Sha Tsui | Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Offer
Second Night Free
Ranked #6 of 692 Hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore
“Hong Kong's Finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The Peninsula Hong Kong, the grand dame of Hong Kong - what a wonderful hotel. I stay here regularly and I'm always pleased with the choice. The hotel exudes luxury, friendliness and comfort - all under one roof.

My reservation was made by American Express under their fine hotels and resorts package. Check in was efficient and I was asked as to my preference of room location. A courtyard room was available and I was escorted to my room for a two night stay. Rooms are well appointed with very modern devices such as iPad controls. The butler box is useful for sending laundry and for the shoe shine service. After check in I took a bath and relaxed for half an hour and then off to meetings. Bathrooms again,well appointed with luxury amenities. And two sourvineer soap gifts to take away. Arrived back around 9.30pm and took a light dinner in the lobby - excellent food.

Breakfast the following morning I took at the Verandah restaurant - buffet style with their usual excellent selection. I love the Japanese style eggs. Great omelettes to! Nice, bright and relaxing - just the place to start the day. No hurry! If the juice you want isn't there or you want a combination - just ask. There is also a full variety of tea or coffee on demand - so feel free to ask. Great selection of pastries as you would expect!

Hotel in close proximity to the Hong Kong Art Museum - so that's always on my agenda. It's an excellent museum and has thought provoking displays. I am regularly impressed with this museum as indeed I am with the hotel.

All rooms have VOIP service which allows you unlimited telephone calls to anywhere in the world. Great idea which allows you to save a few dollars on calls and is appreciated. Good quality connection.

Check out was efficient and my 4pm check out was extended to 5.30pm as per my request. Concierge is super helpful and knowledgeable on Hong Kong matters. It was a great stay and I was sorry to leave.

Stayed May 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Mansfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We had a great experience at the Peninsula and it started at the airport being met at the gate and taken to the hotel in one of their Rolls Royce. The rooms are very modern filled with the latest electronics. While my wife was shopping I spent some time at the Pool and Spa. This was nice and relaxing. The restaurants are amazing in the hotel. This is a hotel to experience at least once in your life.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Kettering, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed here 2 nights before embarking on a cruise. We arrived at the hotel at around 9 pm after a 16 hour nonstop flight from Chicago. We were escorted to our harbor view room (beautiful and well worth the cost). On the table were fresh fruit and incredible tea was delivered (without our requesting it) in a few minutes. The room itself was beautiful with dark polished wood everywhere and enough storage space to stay for a month. What really impressed us, though, was the technology: the phone with VoIP that we could use to call anyone in the world, for free; the 3 iPads that we used to work the lights and curtains (with some getting used to) and order room service and change channels on the tv. Service was impeccable for a world class traditional hotel. The location was perfect, close to shopping, expensive shops, museums. Downsides? The restaurants were somewhat of a disappointment, particularly the dim sum restaurant. Our lunch there was awful. Would I stay there again? Absolutely. But I would ear elsewhere.

Room Tip: Pay extra for a high floor with a harbor view. Well worth the extra money.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

From the moment we landed in Hong Kong until we checked out to board our cruise ship a few days later, the Peninsula provided the most wonderful service I have ever experienced, exceeding its lofty reputation as one of the leading hotels in the world. Everyone was efficient and pleasant; the room and amenities were outstanding, and the food was excellent. High tea was a highlight, as was the superb live music, day and night. The hotel is a combination of old-world elegance and tradition along with the most up-to-date electronics.
My only regret is that I don't travel to Hong Kong that often.
Our entire experience was just lovely, and we smile whenever we think about it.

Room Tip: We requested a nonsmoking floor with a harbor view. Wonderful.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
peninsula_phk, Director of Rooms at The Peninsula Hong Kong, responded to this review, today
Dear Madam,

Thank you for this wonderful review of your recent stay with us. We are pleased that our team were able to make your stay a memorable one and that our services and hotel facilities exceeded all your expectations. Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Hong Kong and we look forward to welcoming you back for another enjoyable stay in the not too distant future.

Yours sincerely,

Raoul Hoelzle
Director of Rooms
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was put first experience with the Peninsula in Hong Kong and it was even more magnificent than we had been told. Friends suggested the rolls Royce airport pick up and we decided to go for it. We were so happy that we did. The service was way over the top, the bars and restaurants were outstanding and the shops were so great we could have just stayed in the hotel to shop. (Although we did not).

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
peninsula_phk, Director of Rooms at The Peninsula Hong Kong, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for sharing your review with us on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us, and that our hotel services and facilities had exceeded your expectations. We appreciate your gracious comments. Thank you for choosing The Peninsula Hong Kong and we look forward to your next visit.

Yours sincerely,

Raoul Hoelzle
Director of Rooms
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I visited several times the Peninsula Hotel since I am a resident in Hong Kong but haven't stayed in house for many years . The whole stay was a great experience . The service is still top level even though most HK hotel have seen a drop in the level of service these past years . Well refurbished rooms with great amenities , personalized service and gentle smile makes it a unique experience. The only drawback is the quality of service at the lobby floor lounge which I find average and not in line with the hotel .

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My rating is purely based on the high expectations I have had after having stayed in many world known iconic hotels such as the Raffles Singapore, Ritz Paris, Dorchester London and the Plaza NYC. The location here is top but I expected much more from the world famous Peninsula. The staff tries hard to look after you but I did not feel the elegance in their guest interaction which you would expect from such an establishment. What bothered me the most was the the ambience. It felt at some point like a tourist trap without history and soul. I don't like enjoying a glass of wine while many tourist from outside just get in for some snaps and destroy the tranquil ambience. I expect intimacy from such a place and here you could not get it. There is a lot to learn from other world renowned hotels....

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to The Peninsula Hong Kong? Share your experiences!