Three days in ultra deluxe paradise feels as restful as a week! My husband and I just returned from three nights at the extraordinary Peninsula Hotel in Hong Kong. These days so many places claim to be five stars, but the Peninsula IS truly the real deal!
Special thanks to the Concierge team: Every single aspect of our trip planning with the Peninsula was seamless! Gary at the concierge was extraordinary and help me plan out all kinds of details before I arrived. Once I arrived, Sumi at the concierge helped me carefully plan out a perfect day of exploration around my own. She made me feel so special and like I was a longtime friend. These guys take customer service to an entirely new level! Thank you to all from Ms. Simon. :)
~ When you can't sleep, be sure to order room service and a 3D movie with glasses to enjoy from bed! So much fun!
~ If you can make it to their downstairs bar do! We danced and partied on Saturday night till closing at 2 AM. Be sure to bring your best party dress and everyone there looks fabulous.
~ The breakfast buffet at the Veranda is amazing! We enjoyed breakfast for over an hour every day and it was one of the highlights.
~ If you book a spa appointment, which I highly recommend, be sure to let arrive at least an hour beforehand ideally 1 .5 hours early. There is a very specific reason – you'll be taken to an entirely different area of the hotel reserved only for spa guests. There you will have access to several additional and special spa rooms. That's all I will say because it should be in the surprise!
~ Yes, they cost a lot more money than a taxi, but the thrill of taking a Rolls-Royce to and from the airport was absolutely fabulous! My husband and I had so much fun enjoying this special luxury. So, if you can do it it's worth the experience!
~ Lastly, if you are trying to choose between staying at the Ritz or the Peninsula, I would say usually we love Ritz Carlton hotels, but in this case we were very very happy that we chose the Peninsula. It is so warm and luxurious compared to the very modern energy and architecture of the Ritz. We found this Ritz to be kind of cold and impersonal feeling. That being said, we did enjoy an amazing Italian lunch on the 102 floor there. It's so high up that it make city actually look very small. We do recommend you check it out!
~ Be sure to try all the crazy exotic fruit that you see in the market. Some of it is the most delicious I've had anywhere.
~ Don't be afraid to ride the subway! We had a very fun time taking it twice. You can learn a lot about city by at Subway and Hong Kong really wonderful.
~ We really enjoyed visiting Hollywood Street which is filled with ancient antique. It's in a slightly quieter area with lots of extraordinary pieces of art to enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 11th December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors for the first time. Classic, contemporary chic arrives at The Peninsula Hong Kong, as this legend of the East redefines luxury once more. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and a new era of personalisation, the launch of the newly renovated guestrooms in The Peninsula Tower have paved the way for the transformation of guestrooms in the Original Building, which will be unveiled in April 2013 to usher in the hotel’s 85th anniversary celebrations. Accenting simplicity and elegance, the new rooms aesthetic melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets, taking The Peninsula guest experience to a new level of comfort. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, nine award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade.A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Splendia, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula