Don't let the chaos in the lobby deter you. The history and reputation of this iconic grande dame makes the lobby a tourist destination with Gawkers milling about at peak tourism times. But, the minute you get in the elevator as a guest (hotel keys required), you are transported to the fairy tail cocoon you imagined it would be. Unparalleled gentile service, views of the beautiful Hong Kong skyline from your hotel room, the breakfast room, and the beautiful Roman bath style indoor pool equipped with seated dining service, and the fine dining venue. Exotic cozy bars you could easily see in a movie with the leads enjoying a romantic tryst....shaken, not stirred...including an exotic dark tiny bar in the basement, you enter through curtains, where on a given eve, a local siren is crooning... Or the piano bar upstairs.....Bogey must have been here! The newly renovated rooms are beautiful, comfortable and extremely modern while maintaining a sophisticated oriental feel. The breakfast buffet is wonderful, with so many options, you will not tire of visiting every morning. The Rolls Royce pickup is more than worth the slight up charge from a regular car. You are whisked through customs with assistance and relaxing in the stretch Rolls within a few short minutes....enhancing the fairy tale experience. If you can, you must stay here at least once in your life while visiting Hong Kong. It is a short walk to the Star Ferry, which will transport you in minutes to tourist destinations in and around the central business district. Only negative is for CBD fine dining destinations, this might be a little uncomfortable in heels and more formal attire, requiring a longer cab ride into town through busy traffic. A small price to pay. My husband and I have travelled to many destinations and stayed in fine hotels around the world, including Paris, Monte Carlo, Florence, Rome, Istanbul, to name a few, and this hotel is easily in the top 3, of all thus far.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 11th December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors for the first time. Classic, contemporary chic arrives at The Peninsula Hong Kong, as this legend of the East redefines luxury once more. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and a new era of personalisation, the launch of the newly renovated guestrooms in The Peninsula Tower have paved the way for the transformation of guestrooms in the Original Building, which will be unveiled in April 2013 to usher in the hotel’s 85th anniversary celebrations. Accenting simplicity and elegance, the new rooms aesthetic melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets, taking The Peninsula guest experience to a new level of comfort. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, nine award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade.A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Venere, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula