We stayed at the Peninsula Hong Kong for 5 nights in July 14. The hotel is glamerous and service is at top levels.
We had a fantastic room in the old building on the 5th floor with quite a good view of Victoria harbour. The room is classic chic with all you can imagine. It's high tech and you can find just everything - even chargers for every kind of mobile device. The only let down was the two doors to the two rooms netx to ours. The insulation was very bad and you could hear just every noise from the rooms beside.
Breakfast was of very good choice and very nicely presented (on 1st floor). The pool area is superbly maintained with again very attentive service. Also the bar on level 1 was very nice and worth a visit - almost more than Felix on the top floor where blinds obstruct the view and there's not really a good choice of seats to enjoy your drink.
We had a wonderful stay - really enjoyed the grand old dame of Hong Kong. Will definitely return on another visit to HK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 11th December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors for the first time. Classic, contemporary chic arrives at The Peninsula Hong Kong, as this legend of the East redefines luxury once more. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and a new era of personalisation, the launch of the newly renovated guestrooms in The Peninsula Tower have paved the way for the transformation of guestrooms in the Original Building, which will be unveiled in April 2013 to usher in the hotel’s 85th anniversary celebrations. Accenting simplicity and elegance, the new rooms aesthetic melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets, taking The Peninsula guest experience to a new level of comfort. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, nine award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade.A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Ctrip DaoDao, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula