While I did expect a good product from The Peninsula, this grand dame and her beautiful staff simply blew me away, climbing straight to the top of my rankings.
You see, it is very rare for a landmark property the size of The Peninsula to be able to to provide the levels of service usually associated with the finest boutique hotels. In this age of massive corporate hotels, true luxury is seldom seen from the service staff, for while a hotel may be grand, I have found that it is only in intimate properties where one gets to know the staff on a warmer level. This is simply not the case at The Peninsula, where by the second night many of the staff knew me by name, my preferences, and the concierge staff were absolute diamonds. They helped in many a situation, sending their men out to get things done for me at no charge at all, and arranging Rolls-Royce transfers to and from the airport at our request.
Overall, there are few hotels in the world able to deliver the product that The Peninsula does, and in light of that, even at the relatively high rates, this property is a compelling value. If you can afford it, stay nowhere else in Hong Kong.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 11th December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors for the first time. Classic, contemporary chic arrives at The Peninsula Hong Kong, as this legend of the East redefines luxury once more. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and a new era of personalisation, the launch of the newly renovated guestrooms in The Peninsula Tower have paved the way for the transformation of guestrooms in the Original Building, which will be unveiled in April 2013 to usher in the hotel’s 85th anniversary celebrations. Accenting simplicity and elegance, the new rooms aesthetic melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets, taking The Peninsula guest experience to a new level of comfort. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, nine award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade.A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Splendia, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Ctrip DaoDao, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula