We stayed at the deluxe suite harbour view suite which has the right combination of everything that you need for a home away from home....
The attention to details in all part of the suite deserve a high applause.
The Peninsula seems to have a goal to fulfil every little things that a guest might need by preparing all the details you can ever think of during your stay one step ahead of you. Everything that you need is all there before you even look for it or before you think you need it: the pen located next to laundry bag, the nail dryer machine for your last minute nail polish, the welcome chinese tea and the tea set to give you a taste of HongKong's tradition, the complimentary mini cooper with a chauffeur for suite's guests to take you around the city.
Privacy is another thing that this hotel seems wants to offer to their guests by providing a valet box in each room which minimise disturbance from the door bell to the availability of portable note books for ordering or sourcing information during your stay: tv channel, in-room dining to a simple extra towels etc.
I also adore the complimentary amenities from Oscar de la renta, if I am not mistaken, The Peninsula's chain is the only one in the world that collaborate with Oscar de la renta for their amenities, which I can say is a good move as it enhances the image and increase the level of guest's satisfaction knowing that excellent products are provided during the stay.
I went to inspect the standard room as well during my stay, and yes as expected all rooms have all the same products and services as the suite and the only difference is the room size which is obviously will be smaller than a suite.
Location wise is a big plus too. The shopping arcade of big brands are within the building from LV, Goyard, Hermes, Chanel, etc which is so convenient. For cheaper options, you can just literarily take a step out of the hotel's side entrances and you'll find jordan street and nathan stree that full of shops, supermarket, local eateries, mtr station of east tsim sha tsui. For tourist's attraction, across the hotel is the avenue of the stars and if you want to take the ferry to macau, the terminal is just 5 minutes walk.
Another plus point is the level of professionalism and friendliness of the staff at The Peninsula which is the result of long service duration of each staff that creates such a high sense of belonging thus gives their very best in assisting guests ( many of the staff that assisted us while our stay have been part of the Peninsula for years... We were even told one staff has been working there for the past 57 years... ( Talking about loyalty and love your work)
If you are willing to spend and you are not on a budget, this is a perfect place to stay in HK for a tourist ( first comers or regular travellers), for business travellers as the location is so accessible and for honeymooners as the building is classic, elegant and modern at the same time.
Don't forget to book their RollsRoyce limo service if you have the extra money to spend... It is another wow experience from The Peninsula.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula
- The Peninsula Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 11th December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors for the first time. Classic, contemporary chic arrives at The Peninsula Hong Kong, as this legend of the East redefines luxury once more. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and a new era of personalisation, the launch of the newly renovated guestrooms in The Peninsula Tower have paved the way for the transformation of guestrooms in the Original Building, which will be unveiled in April 2013 to usher in the hotel’s 85th anniversary celebrations. Accenting simplicity and elegance, the new rooms aesthetic melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets, taking The Peninsula guest experience to a new level of comfort. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, nine award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade.A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Expedia, Amex, Splendia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere, HotelsClick and Jetsetter so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.