Ambience is hard to beat, food was delicious and plentiful - not expensive given the presentation and quality (was about $35 Australian dollars per head) ,lobby dining area is worth a visit just to enjoy the history and character of the building.As expected the teas were good quality with a great choice.
We followed the advice of various reviewers and went on a weekday(Monday) , arrived about 20 minutes before the 2 pm start and were seated within 15 minutes.
Service was attentive but my only criticism if any is that the service was unsmiling, all the staff looked rather miserable.
- Also Known As:
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- The Peninsula Hong Kong Hotel
- Peninsula Hong Kong
- Peninsula Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Peninsula
- The Peninsula Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On 11th December 1928, a legend of Asian hospitality was born – The Peninsula Hong Kong opened its doors for the first time. Classic, contemporary chic arrives at The Peninsula Hong Kong, as this legend of the East redefines luxury once more. Heralding the latest guest-focused technology and a new era of personalisation, the launch of the newly renovated guestrooms in The Peninsula Tower have paved the way for the transformation of guestrooms in the Original Building, which will be unveiled in April 2013 to usher in the hotel’s 85th anniversary celebrations. Accenting simplicity and elegance, the new rooms aesthetic melds the distinctive design touches and high-tech extras present in today’s luxury yachts, motorcars, and private jets, taking The Peninsula guest experience to a new level of comfort. Extensive facilities include a Roman-style swimming pool, a 12,000-square-foot Peninsula Spa, nine award-winning restaurants and bars, superb banqueting and meeting areas, plus a Shopping Arcade.A fleet of fourteen Rolls-Royce limousines is available for luxurious airport transfers, and two MINI Cooper S Clubmen reflect the legendary Grande Dame’s youthful spirit, while the hotel's own helicopter service provides the ultimate in speed and style. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Elong, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your The Peninsula Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.