I stayed at Excelsior for almost 5 days in last week and the experience was very good. The thing that stands out about the Hotel is the location. It is centrally located just next to the MTR station and is a paradise for shoppers as you have a multitude of malls next to it. WTC, SOGO, Times Square are all close by - walking distance. There is an IKEA store next door incase any one is interested in that kind of shopping. The other good thing about the place is that it has enough eating joints around and in wide variety. In the five days, I could locate an Indian, vietnamese, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Thai, American dining place and the list can go on . It is endless. Finding a reasonable pub around to have a drink can be a challenge especially if you are looking at a cost effective option, but even that is just 10 min away by walk.
The food at the hotel is very good. For those who are sea food lovers, it offers a wide variety of the same. For the vegetarians and the chickenetarians like me, its is great place as it offers Indian as well as good continental food. Breakfast is very good on the first floor. And the Dickens bar too is great place to be. The roof top bar is an nice quiet place with breathtaking view.
Rooms are excellent. Well lit. Well furnished. Room service was apt and timely.
All in all a great experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay, the shopping centre of Hong Kong Island, The Excelsior, Hong Kong is only a five-minute drive from the city's central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The hotel features five exclusive Executive Floors with a private lounge, a fully equipped business centre, a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre featuring advanced fitness equipment and dedicated spa facilities, as well as extensive meeting and banquet facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline and Ctrip TA so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong