My partner and I met in Hong Kong 25 years ago. We decided to return to celebrate out anniversary. Any other time we have visited we have stopped on Kowloon side, so for change we stayed on the island.
We treated ourself to a harbour view at the Excelsior. As everyone says its is well situated for the MTR. I would agree with a number of other comments the room is looking a little tired, but was very clean and the service good. We only ate once in the hotel, we have the late evening buffet on a Friday, which was quite nice, and good value.
One night we even relived our youth down Wanchi, Jo Bananas, Makkitis etc we were awaken by the mid day gun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay, the shopping centre of Hong Kong Island, The Excelsior, Hong Kong is only a five-minute drive from the city's central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The hotel features five exclusive Executive Floors with a private lounge, a fully equipped business centre, a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre featuring advanced fitness equipment and dedicated spa facilities, as well as extensive meeting and banquet facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong