I just returned from my 3 days stay at The Excelsior Hotel, Causeway Bay in Hong Kong.
The rooms were good ( ask for the harbour view but note that you dont get to see the entire harbor as there is construction going on just in front of the hotel). My bookings did not come with breakfast but nevertheless, there are many restaurants and eateries ( try the noodle shops tucked in between shops!!) around this hotel. There is also Sogo store just next door and Times Square a stone throw away and Starbuck is just adjacent to the hotel ( breakfast!).
The service is good. The staff are friendly and the amenities are sufficient.
If you are on a business trip and you are required to travel to Central area in HK , then this would not be your ideal hotel for these reasons. The Excelsior is at Causeway Bay, which may not be far when you get a glimpse at the street directory to go to Central but you might waste precious time stuck in cabs. That is if you manage to get a cab in HK! My colleague and I realized that!
If you are here for holiday, then by all means this hotel is for you and its value for $$$. But if you want peace and quiet, this is not the location because day and night, you will see and feel the human traffic all around this hotel.
There is also a shuttle bus that takes you from the airport to the HK Airport Express station direct, for free! and the doormen are just excellent...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of Causeway Bay, the shopping centre of Hong Kong Island, The Excelsior, Hong Kong is only a five-minute drive from the city's central business district and 40 minutes by MTR from Hong Kong International Airport. The hotel features five exclusive Executive Floors with a private lounge, a fully equipped business centre, a state-of-the-art Fitness Centre featuring advanced fitness equipment and dedicated spa facilities, as well as extensive meeting and banquet facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Priceline and Ctrip TA so you can book your The Excelsior, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Excelsior, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hotel Hong Kong
- Excelsior Hong Kong