Even though we stayed for only a couple of nights I can easily say that this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. It was our first visit to Hong Kong and staying at the Mandarin made the whole thing so much better.
It's already been two month since we visited but I still remember how I was most impressed with the approach of all the staff in the hotel and how helpful everyone was... especially one particular lady receptionist who I don't remember the name of but she really stretched the word customer service to a whole new level.
We booked a more superior room that put us in one of the higher floors. The room was off the charts and we hardly wanted to get out of there. Definitely one of the better hotel rooms we have stayed in. The Bed was amazingly comfortable and obviously the view is something you don't get to see every day.
Lobby area is beautiful with much movement by a more upper class public that makes you feel a part of something big. I don't think we managed to eat something in the hotel but I had a spa treatment and it was great. Another nice element is that from the second floor you can directly reach a very nice shopping centre through a skybridge.
To summarize, there is luxury written all over the Mandarin Oriental in Hong Kong and you just feel great being there, like being a part of it. It's not so easy to explain in words but once you'll visit I'm sure you'll understand what I mean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for nearly 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental