We previously stayed at The Island Shangri-La but opted to stay at MO this time around. (MO as it is affectionately known). We stayed for 10 days in Feb 2013.
The rooms are wonderful with all the right level of facilities for this truly deserving 5 star rating hotel. The shower and bathroom amenities were well stocked including one of the best room slippers (truly comfy and fuzzy) we have used amongst 5 stars hotel. Once checked in the room, the complimentary set of Chinese tea with the pot ready to drink allows you to settle down properly after a long flight and they added in an extra touch of additional tea leaves if you wanted to make another pot.
We had dinner at the Chinese Restaurant which we tried the set menu for 2 and it was a wonderful surprise as we usually dine out, considering we were in Hong Kong. The food and service were excellent and impeccable including the wonderful desert which we thought we were already extremely full but nonetheless with one bite into the desert, we wanted more of the same and over-ate but was well worth it. Overall an excellent stay with excellent value for the price being paid. Definitely recommend MO to those who enjoy 5 star hotels.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental
- Hong Kong Mandarin
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for nearly 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including two with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Otel and Venere so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.