“Worth a splurge when in Hong Kong” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong

Save Saved
You added Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong to your Saves list
Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.5 Connaught Road, Central, Hong Kong, China (Central)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Daily Dining / Spa Credit
Ranked #4 of 645 hotels in Hong Kong
Singapore, Singapore
“Worth a splurge when in Hong Kong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Stayed here in Oct 2012.

Decent room with good attention to detail, excellent location.

Surprisingly quiet: didn't have too many neighbour noise issues.

Downside is that it really is extremely expensive to stay here, especially when wifi and breakfast aren't typically included in the room rate!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

1,312 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is the only hotel we've stayed at in Hong Kong so it's hard to make comparisons, but honestly we found no reasons during our stay to go anywhere else. The location in fantastic with amazing views over the harbor, and walking distance to a huge range of activities (or transport). The breakfast was hectic but very well stocked and fresh. We stayed in a suite and the staff were amazingly friendly with small welcome cards & caps for the children, in-room check-in, and daily fruit and water. The restaurants and bars we were great. The pool and spa were great. I really can't think of anything bad... they even found an iPod that had somehow made it's way into the laundry with the sheets. All in all a great experience and would revisit when in Hong Kong.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The room was amazing with a breath taking view. Employees from the time we arrived until the day we departed have been so polite, helpful and friendly. We where escorted to our room and the nice lady did not hurry and took her time to answer all our questions. We really felt special.

• Stayed June 2013
Kingaroy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I don't know where to start. This place is just the best. From having the front glass doors opened for us upon arrival (we didn't touch a front door our entire stay) to the "goodbyes" at Checkout this place is simply all class. At check in we were made to feel so special. We were then escorted to our room and shown around/what services were available etc.

The room was just amazing; the views breath taking. We ate at a couple of their restaurants: can't fault them: even Room Service was good. The breakfast feast (aka buffet) was huge and tasty.

Great location. A five minute walk to the water where the Star Ferry will take you over to Kowloon. Close to shops, markets, attractions.

I'm this hotel employs people whose sole job is to say hello when you walk in/out. They do it very, very well. My only criticism is that we had to pay for Wi Fi. Not a huge amount but we had just come from Sweden where the hotels provided it free. No real biggy!!

Room Tip: A high up room with views of the Harbour.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I returned to the Mandarin for my second visit in 6 months. I was not disappointed but perhaps I was not quite as impressed as the first time. Not that there was anything startling wrong but there were a few things that as a business traveller i would like to work better and faster , or be dealt with in a way that i didn' t feel a nuisance asking.Full marks for dealing with booking concerns in a thoroughly efficient way and for going out of their way to welcome me back. They would get better marks if they also thought about how to add value to the business customer who may be a regular visitor and is just as valuable as the luxury customer. I so wish that they did feel genuinely that they were pleased i stayed in the hotel. Sadly after I checked out and took my luggage to the airport express, I returned to meet a client for a drink in the bar before I left Hong Kong. I asked for help storing my hand luggage. It was as if I had never stayed there, and the situation was rescued by a friendly bellboy who remembered me...so much for a personal service.I'm not sure I would bring my family here if they travelled with me- I suspect they might be made to feel a bit of a nuisance and that's a pity.

Room Tip: Choose a harbour room so that you have a decent view and it is not so gloomy when the weather is gre...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I recently stayed at MOHK and was told upon check in that it was my 25th stay. They graciously upgraded me into a fabulous 1BR suite with a harbor view. This is my favorite city hotel in the world. All the rooms are fabulous after their renovation 6-7 years ago, and the service is unmatched anywhere in the world. Forget the Four Seasons, if you want to experience Hong Kong, stay in the Mandarin, and have breakfast on the mezzanine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Shanghai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Mandarin over a dozen times now and it just keeps getting better. From the quality of the rooms to the service to the F&B, this is IMHO one of the best hotels in the world.

The rooms are beautifully appointed - just the right mix of traditional and modern with not too much gadgetry. I have stayed in the standard rooms are a number of times (great size for HK) and more recently in a number of the suites (often with balcony) which are simply fantastic. The last time the size of my bathroom was bigger than most HK hotel rooms!

If you're going to HK, there is nowhere else I would suggest that you stay but it comes with a pretty hefty price tag.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong? Share your experiences!