I have stayed at the Mandarin Oriental for two nights during a recent business trip to Hong Kong. When we arrived, our room wasn't ready. We booked for a double twin room since I was traveling with my brother. So, while they were trying to have our room ready, we walked around Central for about two hours, and when we returned, the room was still not ready. Another hour passed by and since it was taking way too long, they upgraded us to the ocean view room. I must admit that my expectations were a little too high because of the legendary reputation of this hotel. After having stayed in three Seoul Hotels before arriving here, I didn't find the service extraordinary. I really think the hotels in Seoul have the best services in the world.
What makes this hotel in Hong Kong a legend? Well, besides history and all the royals that stayed at the hotel, I think it is the great location. It is in the center of Central, where all the main corporate buildings are located. The rooms were luxurious and what I really liked throughout the whole building was that special scent. You could even smell it in the streets surrounding the hotel.
The concierge was very helpful with some reservations and inquiries we made. The gym is equipped with Technogym.
The waterfront is being redesigned with a great garden, so if you reserve an ocean view room in the future, you will enjoy a nice view of the garden and the Kowloon skyline on the other side.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The iconic Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong is the epitome of contemporary luxury combined with Oriental heritage. Having delighted guests with award-winning service and impressive facilities for nearly 50 years, it is the much-loved address for those seeking an exclusive sanctuary in the heart of this exciting city. The spacious rooms and suites offer magnificent views of the famous Victoria Harbour and the city skyline. A collection of ten outstanding restaurants and bars, including three with Michelin stars, and a Shanghainese-inspired holistic spa, indoor pool and 24-hour fitness centre, make Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong the recognised home away from home for discerning leisure and business travellers alike. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Mandarin Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental