The Marco Polo Prince Hotel is the best hotel we have EVER stayed at. FACT. For anyone planning a trip to Hong Kong, I strongly advised you to stay here. We were first-timers to HK and were not disappointed.
We were treated like royalty from start to finish and nothing was too much. The staff are the most courteous and friendly we have ever met before. On arrival staff were outside to carry our luggage in and there was no queue due to the number of staff on reception. We were served by a very helpful girl and we told her it was our Wedding Anniversary. She immediately congratulated us and upgraded our regular room to a harbour view room with a bath tub! The room was huge for central Hong Kong and they had thought of everything. We had arrived at 7pm on a Monday night and we quickly showered after a long flight and went out to eat at local hawker markets and take in the markets and atmosphere in north Kowloon. On arrival back at the hotel we were stunned to find our bed turned down and a bottle of champagne on ice with two glasses and a love heart plate with little chocolates. We were so touched and it was wonderful. Everyone we met, from front of house, to concierge to housekeeping were more that friendly, helpful and so obliging.
The location of the hotel is utterly fabulous, right on the harbour with a 5 min walk to the Star Ferry and a 5 min walk to the MTR which will take you everywhere. If you like night life, eating and shopping in the markets then stay here. We spent our days visiting Hong Kong Island and Lantau etc and would come back to the hotel for a shower and rest before venturing out at night in Kowloon. You can get to busy Soho by walking five mins and taking the famous star ferry for about 25p then enjoy the excitement of the mid-level escalators. The Ladies Market, Jade markets and the very famous Temple Street Markets are but a twenty minute walk from the hotel or a few minutes by MTR. The hotel is about a two minute walk from Nathan Road which is the central road to take you everywhere. It is on a busy and interesting road with loads of shops and to the back of the hotel is the harbour. For a hotel situated where it is, we heard no traffic or people and were able to sleep well. The other great thing is that on level two the hotel goes straight in a fabulous shopping mall! What could be more handy! You can walk to the Avenue of Stars in about ten minutes and take in the breath-taking light show from the hotel!
We didn’t bother booking breakfast as it seemed a bit pricey and we love to try new things, so we were happy to have the complimentary tea/coffee fruit and water which was replenished daily and then head out for breakfast or brunch somewhere new each day. Perfect!
Top tip is to book at least a couple of months in advance and use a price comparison as we managed to get a reasonable deal. We hope to be back here as Hong Kong is the most amazing place we have ever visited and this hotel made our trip even better. Thank you Marco Polo Prince.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Hong Kong Hotel Hong Kong
- Prince Hong Kong Hotel
- Prince Hotel Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Prince Hotel
- Prince (Marco Polo Hotels) Hong Kong
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Canton Road in Tsim Sha Tsui, Prince hotel is adjacent to China Ferry Terminal on Kowloon’s busy waterfront and forms part of Harbour City – Hong Kong’s largest shopping and commercial complex. The hotel is strategically located close to main shopping and tourist attractions. Local attractions like Hong Kong Museum of Art, Kowloon Park, Hong Kong Cultural Centre, and the Space Museum are just a short walk away.Comfortable and spacious, the 393 guestrooms and suites of Prince hotel come with privileges like 24-hour private dining and free Wi-Fi Internet service. Rooms on 16th and 17th floors cater to the needs of travelling executives who prefer the exclusive privileges and personalised hospitality of The Continental Club. Comfortable and spacious, the 393 guestrooms and suites of Prince hotel come with privileges like 24-hour private dining service and broadband internet access. Rooms on 16th and 17th floors cater to the needs of travelling executives who prefer the exclusive privileges and personalised hospitality of The Continental Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Otel so you can book your Prince (Marco Polo Hotels) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.