“Good choice - suited our needs perfectly!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong

You added JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong, China (Admiralty)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Buy 2 get 3rd night free
Ranked #21 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
california
“Good choice - suited our needs perfectly!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

What a great choice!! I did tons of research before booking this hotel, we wanted a nice, clean modern room and hotel that’s what we got with the JW. We stayed here on a recent trip to Asia, this hotel was the perfect location for us, it was very centrally located and we like the newly renovated rooms. The hotel is quite large and had a nice pool and gym it was too cool to enjoy the pool while we were there but in the summer I think it would be great!

Our package offered the breakfast buffet which was some of the best food we had in Hong Kong, (I do not suggest the Jumbo restaurant) we were only there a 2 days before moving on to mainland China. We enjoyed the mall attached to the hotel it had some great shops.

However like so many hotels the walls are a little thin, someone had a party in their hotel room it was about 3am and the room next to us was so loud, after being woke up we called the front desk and they sent security about 10 mins later then the noise stopped.

We requested a room on a high floor and had a neat view of the mountains, I would stay here again but there seem to be so many great hotels in HK we’ll probably try someplace new next time!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Devizes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2009

Stayed for a week - our first ever time in Asia. Stay a mix of marriott points and 2 night deal from hotel. This included champagne, chocolates, a meal in the fish bar retsuarant and 2 breakfasts. Upon check out they tried to charge us for the champagne and chocolates and the full amount of the bill for dinner rather than just the wine - so take care and check your bill carefully! Both items were removed fairly painlessly. We were upgraded to the Executive floor - not a renovated room but OK nevertheless. Very clean but I agree with previous reviews that it is on the small size. Excellent bathroom though with superb shower and sperate bath and plenty of storage. had access to Executive lounge which saved us a fortune! Breakfast in here was superb - but the real treat is in the evening - a full selection of wines spirits and soft drink, and some real high class hot and cold food offerings. With the price of eating out in Hong Kong I'd recommend upgrading to this floor if you can. Overall, a really enjoyable experience...BUT - previous reviews are right about the renovation noise - it is from 9:30-5:50 every day except Sunday and does begin to grate you after a while. If you spend a lot of time in your room (we didn't) I'd maybe choose somewhere else until the renovations are finished. Oh - and if you're there on a Sunday try the champagne brunch. Expensive but we polished off loads of Piper Heidsieck and the food was excellent!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2009

This is a nice property that is centrally located. Staff are excellent throughout. Service was top notch. I was in a newly renovated room and it was perfetc for the business traveller. Workspace was great, plenty of power points and a roomy desk. There are renovations going on, so noise from above was very loud during the day (9 to 5). This isn't a problem except on the first day when you want to catch a snooze after a long flight in. Earplugs from the flight worked a charm so bring them with you. Other than that, its a great hotel. The noodle bar at lunch is great value, very practical and delicious.

austin, tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2009

The JW Marriott is located in Pacific Place, providing quick access to the MTR and elegant shops in the adjoining shopping mall. I have stayed in this hotel numerous times over the last 12 years. The service level to clients have "declined". Depending who is working behind the check in counter- your chance of getting the room of choice is purely pot luck. As much business as I have provided (and bringing colleagues along), I received very spotty treatment. Though I have often requested the executive floor for the convenience of a place to hold business meetings, I am often denied (even though I willingly accept the smallest room with a single double bed). In the 90's, I am often welcome back each visit by a professional receptionist. During my last visit, I was actually told that I am not one of their value guests (He failed to notice that I have stay there at least 6 nights every other month as of 2008) !
*** The hotel has been undergoing renovations for a couple of years - the renovated rooms merely included more furniture which crowds the tiny room. Worst, they have removed the one item that draw Americans - they took away the 120V electric outlet on the desk!)

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

When informed that the hotel was under renovation, it never occurred to me that that would mean sounding as if a B52 was landing in the next room from about 9:30 in the morning through the afternoon. I suppose if you are out all day, it might be alright--but what am I saying! We had to use of rooms for daytime work and it was indescribable. As to the rooms themselves, elsewhere you will read how small they are. The thing is they might be of adequate size in any other city in the world but by Asian standards they were minute. And most enfuriating is that the neighboring Conrad and Island ShangriLa come in at virtually the same price for infinitely larger rooms. Also, can someone explain to me what anyone needs tqo queen sized beds in a majority of rooms? There was no king sized bed available so again you have this huge piece of unused furniture clogging up what little space there is. The hotel itself is a huge glitzy palace of a place--pure Marriott bad taste from lobby on up. There are tons of places to eat--all pricey but good. The breakfast buffet comes in about $30.00 but it is an incredible meal with Asian, Chinese, Western, British elements. One bar has a high decibel band and singer playing which precludes any kind of conversation and, mind-blowingly closes at midnight! For a great international city with people coming and going at all hours, this hotel just doesn't match up. The people are perfectly nice, the service is fine but it just so totally misses the mark in style and room size that I'd go elsewhere. Unfortunately, my last stay in Hong Kong was at the Four Seasons and there's just no comparison --except for the rates. Never again.

Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

I stayed at this Marriott because I wanted the reward points and the location is close to my office. I was disappointed with my stay. The construction noise is unacceptably loud and it lasts beyond the hours the hotel says. Worse yet, however, was the noise from the rooms. When my neighbor got up at 5:30 AM to take a shower, it was so loud in my room it woke me up from a dead sleep. The rooms are very, very small even for Asian standards and the walls are cracker thin. It is nearly impossible to get a restful sleep here and that is after all what a hotel should be focused on offering. I am not sure the non-construction noise will ever change so I would advise chosing another option.

If you are set on getting your Marriott points and bring a good set of ear plugs, you might also enjoy the food as the restaurants are quite good. The lobby does have a spectacular 180 degree view and a decent drinks list. The hotel is also attached to a very popular, very high end mall that is also a subway station. It made getting to and from my office very convenient.

Just wish they found a way to make it a little quieter....shhhh!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

The hotel is undergoing very noisy rennovation and the staff seem completely unconcerned by the disturbance this causes to paying guests.

There is little hope of a solution to the noise problem as the rooms as poorly isolated - one the renovation work stops you can look forward to both to street noise and to noise from the neighbouring rooms (especially from the plumbing).

The location is good, but look to neighbouring Conrad Hotel - same location, but without all the noise and with helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong? Share your experiences!