“Disappointing start and brilliant recovery, love this hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong, China (Admiralty)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 4
Ranked #19 of 611 hotels in Hong Kong
Sydney, Australia
“Disappointing start and brilliant recovery, love this hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Its a long complicated story, but in the end it was the brilliant recovery from a lousy start that makes this a terrific hotel.

The messed up booking, the smallish room, the (lack of) view, the no value adds, the no includions, the useless membership; almost everything was, on arrival a complete disaster and would normally have had me moving out and sending poison pen emails, but the recovery from a bad start was so awesome that these guys get my abosolute top marks for it as a great place to stay in Hong Kong.

Once the stuff ups were explained, and the heat taken out of the situation, the staff at JW Marriott Hong Kong really turned it on. It seemed that no matter where I turned, be it front desk, guest service, The Club, the gym, the chair at my room desk, they understood rhey were in recovery mode and I take off my hat to them for layng it on to ensure this was a stay I would remember and I will and I will rave to friends and colleagues about how these people were genuinely devastated by the crappy experience I had on first arrival. They truly were unhappy that I was unhappy amd did everything possible to demonstrate that they care about customers. For this JW Marriott, I salute you.because Customers Are Really Everything.and you truly understand.

Bravo!

Room Tip: Pay for the club, I think its probably worth it Accept that the rooms are a bit smaller than most...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

994 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

The location of the hotel was very convenient as it was close to the Admiralty station and there is a hotel shuttle bus service from the Hong Kong Central station straight after the airport express takes you to the Hong Kong island after arrival.

We were there for a week stay and the first morning after the room service notice up on the door around 10/11am in the morning. I went back to the room around 2.30ish only to find all the bedsheets have been stripe and left it on the chairs... As there were no notes as to what happened and all other parts have been cleaned to the highest standard, I was not sure and raised it with the main reception. The manager was quickly dealt with my query and also ensure that the room was done as quickly as possible. The customer service is definitely very good in this hotel and I was really impressed when the manager explains that the housekeeping should have left me the note that they were waiting for the sheet to be dried (which I agreed).

I love the leisure facilities in this hotel and the staffs are very friendly so will definitely recommend people to go.

Love the free fruits, water, coffee and tea offered by the staff. I had the fish porridge for breakfast but I was not feeling too well to have enjoyed it as much as I would have in normal days and it will be a little better with some ginger to disguise the fishy smell... I thought... but overall it was a superb hotel with its service and the facilities.

One big problem that we had was that we have specifically asked for a Non-Smoking floor but the hotel had absolutely no control over how the guests were behaved so we were constantly having the smells of smokes coming into our room under the gap under the door. It was constantly so after the first night, we can even see the ash from the cigarete on the left entrance. Very annoying as it was not as good as what we thought it will be as far as the 'air' in the hotel...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Very nice hotel with spacious rooms. Best of all is the executive lounge, if you have access. Not only is the food good, but you can save a lot on the cost of meals during your stay. Breakfast is good and evening hors d'oeuvres are numerous and tasty. I recommend the hotel and the lounge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed for a week in a corner harbor view room. It was small but very nice views, comfortable bed and free water, fruit, coffee and tea. We had use of the executive lounge which did make our trip enjoyable. The staff in the lounge is excellent as far as directions, maps and recommendations. I thought the food was much more plentiful than many lounges we've used before and was very good. The breakfast had both Asian and Western selections, happy hour was plentiful, wine, liquors and food and lovely desserts. We enjoyed all of the restaurants in the hotel and had fun at the wine bar with live music at night. The location was good within walking distance to some shopping and sight seeing and we purchased the octopus pass. Overall would have given 5 stars but there were a few cosmetic issues with the room that needed attention but overall very much enjoyed this hotel.

Room Tip: Go for best room view possible, since the rooms are so small it makes a big difference in how enjoya...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Everything was wonderful upon our arrival. Amazing attention towards minimum detail. We checked in at 8am thinking we would have to wait till normal check in time which is at 3pm. They shuffled as quickly to an amazing 22nd floor with a beautiful view of Hong Kong and did the check in while in the room. Best service ever during our 5 night stay. The only things that bothered me a little are the weird frangrance they use in the lobby, the feather down pillows and duvet since I am allergic, but I asked for other pillows and were inmediately changed.

Room Tip: If you are allergic ask for a feather free room.
Andorra, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I am a gold card holder with Marriott and therefore access to the lounges. The two days I stayed at this hotel I used the lounge for breakfast both days. Generally these lounges are an oasis of calm but here that was not the story.

The lounge was full kids. Now I have no issue with kids, I was one once but not when they behave like this

We had toddlers screaming , babies crying. Now there isn't much you can do about it . But letting your kids finger the food and them put it back? Taking the third bagel off a stack and shoving the other two back with hands that were covered in yoghurt mmmmm.

I pointed it out to the waitress and asked her to remove them.....she did not. The bagels of course!

Eating toast and cheese off the keyboards in the

What really made it worse was there was an upstairs which could of been adults only but no, to get up there you had to fight the human slalom of toddlers

Apart from that a good location in the middle of the mall at pacific place

But I'm back staying at the shangri la in future.

Room Tip: Higher is better
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

I recently stayed at the JW Marriott after a break of a year or two. Whilst the location and service were still good the room, and the general decor, are starting to look a lttle tired, nothing drastic, but relative to the other hotels in this category definitely on the dowdy side. I suspect that for similar money there are better options around.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong? Share your experiences!