I stayed at the JWM for 3 nights. I travel to HK often and being a 5-star, i would probably compare this hotel to the other 5-stars (Conrad, Grand Hyatt etc) and rate it accordingly.
- location is very good as its a short taxi ride to Central and right above the Pacific Place mall which makes it very handy for food, shopping and even a cinema.
- the hotel is clean and very apt for a business stay. The room internet is strong and has all the right amenities i.e. Bose system, ipod dock, DVD player, etc.
- the rooms are quite. I didnt notice the cleaning staff even one day, which makes the hotel very efficient.
- the check-in / check-out was fast and efficient.
- as compared to the next-door Conrad, the rooms were considerable smaller and probably less exquisite. The Conrad has much more updated rooms, larger in size.
- the bathrooms were again smaller as compared to both Grand Hyatt and the Conrad.
- i tried the Marriott Cafe one night however the food came after about 45 mins of wait. They did try to compensate by giving a complementary drink but the wait was too long.
Net net, its a very good business hotel no doubt and definitely worth a 2nd visit and stay. However if you are looking for something more lavish and ready to spend the extra HKD, maybe the Conrad or the Grand Hyatt is better,