“Novotel Standard” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Century Hong Kong

You added Novotel Century Hong Kong to your Saves list
Novotel Century Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.238 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai)   |
Offers & Announcements
25% Off Winter Promotion
Ranked #122 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Bremen, Germany
“Novotel Standard”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

The Hotel is a typical Novotel: good in value, modern rooms, all amenities you need and fast and competent staff. The rooms are smaller than an average Novotel, but as we are in Wan Chai, it's ok and even more expensive hotels would not have bigger rooms. Perfect for business.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
NCHKGR, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comments on Tripadvisor.

Your feedbacks concerning the room size is well noted and summarized with other guest comments for the corresponding departments to review and action. Your feedbacks mean a lot to us and help us understand or learn with different vision.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again to Novotel Century Hong Kong soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Nice and clean hotel with very friendly staff. Rooms are nice and some of them have very nice rainfall showers. It is specially quiet (also during the day) even though the hotel is in a busy area. It is close to the MTR Station, close to the Kowloon ferry. So you can discover Hong Kong very nicely. I could recommend this hotel, and will go there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room, with a rainfall type shower, i guess they are rather on the higher floors
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

With one or two mixed reviews for the Novotel Century I was very pleased to have stayed there. Upgraded to a premier room and overall thought it was worth it
Check in on the top floor saved time and was more relaxed and my room very comfortable with good views. There has been previous comment about small rooms but given just how crowded HK is with packed in skyscrapers thought my room was bigger than expected !
Staff were very friendly and helpful. At one point I thought I had lost my bill fold with my credit card in and the premier reception desk were not only concerned but very helpful contacting the company (found it a bit later dropped behind the luggage stand !!)
I was there four nights and the afternoon tea and later cocktails in the top floor lounge very nice. However-only had breakfast up there once as a much bigger choice (too much temptation !!) in the main dining room. Business travellers 'on the run' may prefer the top floor as quieter and away from the busy main dining room-but the choice is yours !
The hotel is very well placed....2 blocks to the underground, one block over to a busy 'high street' and a handy 7/11 over the road !. Being close to the convention centre discovered a huge range of international standard eateries and was spoilt for choice. Star ferry about 5 mins covered walk away.
Overall more than satisfied. It's not a Raffles or suchlike but well placed, well priced , well run and will stay there again when back in HK

Room Tip: I thought the upgrade worth the extra money
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Beijing, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The location of the hotel is obviously its strongest selling point. The stand rooms can be rather basic and dated as compared to Novotel Citigate. The breakfast was OK but choices can be limited. The hotel staff are efficient but communication can be a bit rough and they don't have enough patience to tell guests how little things work.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Concerning your comment of the breakfast issue is well noted and our Director of Food and Beverage have been putting consistent effort in reviewing and creating new dishes/setup for our restaurants in order to entertain broad tastes of our guests.

Regarding the service from the front line staffs; Our Front Office Manager has been informed, we will carry out proper training to the team in order to enhance our customer service skills and anticipate our guest needs.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused, I would be delighted to look after your future stays at Novotel Century Hong Kong soon.

Ceduna, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The Novotel Century’s location is fantastic. All public transport services await outside the hotel to get guests to any part of bustling Hong Kong. Alternatively, taxi services frequent the area regularly. The hotel is in the heart of Wan Chai. Shops, Happy Valley Racetrack, Hong Kong Stadium, Victoria Park and Johnston Road are just some features within walking distance.

This was my first luxury hotel stay. My ‘Premier Room’ was on the 20th floor, high above the street noise. The thick curtains easily blocked Hong Kong’s famous bright lights. I found sleep an easy task in the Novotel Century.

The Premier Room provided a restful retreat from the city below. The large bathroom delivered all the facilities needed, including two shower heads – one direct massage and the other ‘rain drop’ type, both relaxing.

Stephanie in the Premier Room suite stood out in her role on the 23rd floor. The young hostess mastered customer interaction with her informative, friendly and polite conversation while leaving guests with their own private space when needed. Her personal service, such as knowing how a guest takes tea or coffee, provided a tailored service which was welcoming.

Bianca at reception made my arrival welcoming by simply recognising my birthday the following day. She checked me in and wished me many happy returns, but the real surprise was on the day when Bianca recognised me in the front office, called out my name and wished me a happy birthday again. She left me amazed with her recognition skills and genuine good wishes for my day.

One area I will recommend for improvement is the concierge. The staff tried to help, but it seemed rushed and half completed. For example, I asked about the horse races at Happy Valley and received the basic information, but no additional details to make the service stand out.

The value of the stay was included in the package I purchased for the Hong Kong Sevens. The hotel prices are high across the region, but this hotel provided me with new experiences in the Premier Suite with afternoon tea and a cocktail hour included in the price. These services made the higher price worthwhile.

The cleaners performed amazing tasks in the hotel. Every day the busy staff maintained a high level of cleanliness. When packing to check out, the cleaner gave me plastic bags to protect my clothing in preparation to tackle the weather outside. Just another small service detail keeping Novotel at the front of my mind when booking future rooms.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
NCHKGR, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments on your recent stay at our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you like our location ,surrounding areas and facilities.

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you for mentioning quite a few of our team members, such as Stephanie and Bianca who made your stay memorable.

Regarding the comments of concierge is well noted and we will look into those areas of improvement, coaching will carry properly to enhance our staff’s service attitude and product knowledge.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nothing much to comment except for the convenience of it's location. Although I was staying in their biggest available room - the suite, it was still quite small compared to other suites which I'd stayed in other countries...

Room Tip: Get the suite...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Your comments will be shared with our team and they are important to us to continuously improve our services.

Regarding your comment of the room size, we are collecting the comment to our design team for the consideration in our next renovation.

We hope in the future you will consider staying with us again at the Novotel Century .

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Novotel Century Hong Kong? Share your experiences!