“The Obvious Secret of Success” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Century Hong Kong

You added Novotel Century Hong Kong to your Saves list
Novotel Century Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.238 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai)   |
Offers & Announcements
25% Off Winter Promotion
Ranked #122 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
London
“The Obvious Secret of Success”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

My wife, my kid and I travelled to Hong Kong for the Hogmanay celebrations. We were spending only one night in the city, and we'd be out most of that, but still we wanted a nice hotel to stagger back to in the wee small hours.
We found one in the Novotel Century. Crammed into the small busy streets of Wan Chai, the hotel is not overly luxurious looking for its four stars, yet it is stylish in that Italian way; bright colours; solid materials and clean lines - you know the idea.
Check-in was quick, welcoming and easy, and they offered us an upgrade to the executive floor for a not unreasonable 500 HKD ( about 40 quid ).This included all day use of the executive lounge ( tea/coffee snacks ) networking cocktails at five, and a five star hotel room - as well appointed as any hotel room I've stayed in. And lastly - and maybe most importantly - check-out as late as 4 pm. Since we planned a late late night - this was perfect. A mention here for the staff in the lounge - relaxed friendly and cool in the face of an slightly over-excited seven year old. Generally the staff in this hotel were super friendly. When I lost my free reception wi-fi ticket, the girl I told, went off and brought me back two.

I’d recommend this lovely hotel to anyone. There is even an M&S within walking distance.

By the by: We’ve been travelling quite a bit over this holiday season, and it is amazing how many, " good hotels " are reluctant to grant late check-outs. It leaves you wondering whether they're angling for more cash, are just mean-spirited, or just too dumb to realise that often a little give is all it takes to leave a customer satisfied, and earn the hotel a return in future profits. As it is, with many “ good hotels ” ( especially when you’re travelling with a kid ) you leave in a rush, and, in a bad mood - vowing to stay elsewhere next time. It happened to us just a few days before in five star in Macau.

Room Tip: If they offer you an upgrade for a little more money - take it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
NCHKGR, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for having taken the time to write such a detailed review.
We appreciate also that you call us “The Obvious Secret of Success”

I have personally shared your gratitude with them and they were glad to hear about this.

We will be looking forward in welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Beverley, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights on way back home from Australia. We were a little concerned with some of the reviews but for no reason. It is very well located and 50 yards from walkway to Ferry terminal. Couple of blocked to MTR. Plenty of shops and restaurants nearby and Spring Street markets a short walk and well worth a visit. Some people think the rooms are small but we thought ours very satisfactory and, well how long do you spend in them? We both slept well.
Additionally we got a super deal with flying with Cathy Pacific plus Trailfinders got a 4 nights for the price of 3 and an upgrade to a superior room. Disappointed that the pool was closed but I guess the locals felt it was too cold. 60's and happy to be in my shorts.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I had originally stayed here years ago and found the location - right on Joffe Rd - incredibly handy for business so I booked a return visit based purely on my previous impressions hoping that I my memory of the place wasn't incorrect. I was not disappointed - this is a very comfortable and pleasant place to stay for business which is reasonably priced and offers all the major attributes for the business traveller. Given that it is a couple of weeks prior to Chinese New Year, the place is abuzz. Given that The Century is situated right in the heart of Wan Chai, it is always bustling around the area. It is possible to walk under cover through to Central, the Exhibition Centre, the Star Ferry Terminal and Causeway Bay for shopping. The train station is within a 2 minute stroll. The hotel is outfitted with modern rooms with environmental controls for lighting, TV etc all at your fingertips. I had an in room ironing board and iron available but the laundry service offered was reasonably priced with quick turnaround (again, great if you are travelling for business). The restaurants inside the hotel are great if you don't want to leave - the Italian restaurant was very reasonably priced with a comprehensive menu of salads, pastas, pizzas and mains, the service is great. I visited the AK bar a couple of times with work colleagues for a late night relaxer and again found the service pleasant and professional, the ambience modern. There is an outdoor pool which I remember using on my previous trip but only the gym got a visit this time.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the harbour if you can otherwise you'll probably end up looking in...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

There is nothing more than poor nights of sleeping due to bad sagging mattress. My wife & myself suffered from neck & back pain! Bad quality mattress! Management should engage mattress specialist to conduct check every 2 years.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NCHKGR, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments on our hotel during your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you had a satisfactory stay with us. We will share amongst our team and your compliments provide us a lot of rapport and motivation.

Meanwhile, there is junior suite available at our hotel which is double size of the standard room with an extendable sofa bed in the living room, in which you can take into consideration for your future visit. Please feel free to contact our reservations team at h3562-re1@accor.com in case you plan to visit us in the future.

Once again, thank you for your support and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Best Regards,
Yehud, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was on vacation in HK on January 02nd for 3 night.
I stayed at this hotel before and chose this hotel again because it was clean, closed to the
Wan Chai MTR and Star Ferry. It is also within walking disstance to Causeway Bay.
I did not use the Spa. I could not get used to the normal sleeping hours due to Jet Leg.
Great b/f which was included in price.
Modern bathroom.
My room was a bit small but it did not bother me due to the fact I was out the whole day.

Room Tip: When I came to the room late evening I was very tired so I just wanted to have a nice and cleam roo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
NCHKGR, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments on your recent stay at our hotel. We are very happy to hear that you like our location.

At Novotel Century we try our utmost everyday to satisfy and even exceed our guest expectations. We have a passion for all of our guests hence interact in a genuine way with them.

I look forward to welcoming back very soon.

Best Regards
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Novotel Century Hong Kong? Share your experiences!