“Could not fail location and service for our first visit in HK” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Century Hong Kong

You added Novotel Century Hong Kong to your Saves list
Novotel Century Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.238 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai / Causeway Bay)   |
Special Offer
2 nights free breakfast
Ranked #111 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
london
“Could not fail location and service for our first visit in HK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Lovely and well located hotel in Wanchai although causeway bay MTR is nearest. We traveled by red taxi 400 $ HK from airport to front of the hotel is better value for a family of 4 including luggage rather than wait for shuttle bus or pay express train + shuttle service to hotel . Prompt and efficient service via email with concierge regarding best option for accessing the hotel from the airport.
Rooms are roomier than others hotel I visited (free Wi-Fi too) . Having booked a double room + offered second room for kids half price + deal with breakfast - having a decent pool in the middle of town with 33 degrees centigrade on heat of the day (especially travelling with teens or children) is rather a luxury . We enjoyed the pool every afternoon around 4 pm, it was never too busy. Very friendly staff in the gym/pool area.
I had relatives awaiting for us in the reception area on several occasion but no one ever complained about them. All staff were happy to oblige when we requested a taxi or information about how to get somewhere.

Breakfast buffet was very good value and excellent choice (my kids just complained about not having plain mineral water - flavoured jugs were available with lemon or orange - and lack of choices for juice , only apple and orange ) - I think they could do better in the coffee - too bitter - stick to tea !!!

I like the wide reception area , cool and fragrant with jasmine - staff around were very vigilant - the cafe is also very convenient to meet work contacts.
Hotel is well located for transport : escalator behind hotel leading to ferry terminal to Kowloon, tram on Hennessy road , shops , restaurants and supermarket around the area.

This hotel is not recommended for low budget travelers. It is not luxury but rather mid-range.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
NCHKGR, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Values Guest ,

I thank you for your kind words and comments following your last stay with us. We genuinely try and make our guests' stays with us as personal and memorable as possible.It is always a great pleasure to read guests satisfaction like yours. We are always benchmarking ahead to constantly incorporate great services.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Ancona, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

It was NOT my first time at this Hotel...and the location is Good for my Business Appoitnments...Unfortunately, the "attitude" of the Staff (one in particular...NOT everbody...) was TERRIBLE...!!! While waiting for a one of My customer to pick me up at the Hall of the Hotel in the afternoon, I was using MY iPad and "taking advantage" of teh Hall Free Wifi..., I was approached by a Lady whom was sititing at the Customer Service Desk whom QUITE ABRUPTLY asked me:"when is your appointment...??? It is a LONG time You are sitting here...". At first, I replied that I was waiting for a Customer of mine and THEN, after realizing of such an UNPOLITE "approach"...I went to the Reception to ask for an explanation HOW COME a Paying Customer would be asked such a "stupid/unpolite" question WITHOUT even been asked, by the Lady, IF I was a Staying Customer of the Hotel or a GENERAL walk in visitor "taking advantage" of the FREE Wifi...NO General Manager "on duty" (it was mid afternoon time NOT 3 o'clock in the morning....) and NOBODy attended my "VIBRANT" request from an explanation etc. etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NCHKGR, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Values Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments on your recent stay at our hotel.

We are truly sorry to hear your disappointment regarding our frontline staff service attitude. We have passed your comment to the respective manager for further follow up; also appropriate coaching has carried out immediately to enhance our staff’s service and product knowledge.

We earnestly hoped that you will give us another opportunity to impress you when you are next in Hong Kong!

Guest Relations Manger
Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Overall I had a good stay at this hotel. It was close to the HKTDC, and in a walking distance to all the main points. The room was comfortable and had a great view. The gym was small but good and the sauna was excellent.

Only complain I have is about a lady at the front desk. When I called about a package that had to come to my room, I couldn't understand what she was saying since she talked too fast, and her accent didn't make it any easier. When I ask her to repeat what she said, she rudely asked "Do you speak English?". The rest of the staff was very welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Values Guest,

Thank you for your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are glad that you liked our great location and facilities; however we regret to hear about your unpleasant experience during your stay with us. Please accept our sincere apologies.
We have briefed and reminded our team on the importance in the creation of warm welcome ambience for all guests.

Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again to Novotel Century Hong Kong soon.

Guest Relations Manager
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This boutique like hotel is located perfectly on Hong Kong Island in Wanchai. It is close to the subways, ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui, causeway to Kowloon and near the HK Convention Center. It is a high traffic hotel with free WIFI only in the lobby/restaurant area. The staff was very helpful from the front desk to the concierge. The rooms are small and not laid out too well. The desk area is situated right at the foot of the bed which does not allow for easy access for anyone to get by. They should switch the TV with the desk area. The hotel is close to the Peak, Lan Kwai Fong and shopping. There are some good restaurants in the area as well. I would stay there again just because it was a convenient location on Hong Kong Island.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Novotel Century Hong Kong? Share your experiences!