“Exceptional hotel with fabulous service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Century Hong Kong

You added Novotel Century Hong Kong to your Saves list
Novotel Century Hong Kong
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.238 Jaffe Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai / Causeway Bay)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Early bird special offer
Ranked #114 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
White Plains, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This boutique like hotel is located perfectly on Hong Kong Island in Wanchai. It is close to the subways, ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui, causeway to Kowloon and near the HK Convention Center. It is a high traffic hotel with free WIFI only in the lobby/restaurant area. The staff was very helpful from the front desk to the concierge. The rooms are small and not laid out too well. The desk area is situated right at the foot of the bed which does not allow for easy access for anyone to get by. They should switch the TV with the desk area. The hotel is close to the Peak, Lan Kwai Fong and shopping. There are some good restaurants in the area as well. I would stay there again just because it was a convenient location on Hong Kong Island.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed for three nights in the Novotel during our recent visit to Hong Kong. When reading Hong Kong hotels, you need to keep in mind that rooms in this city are very small and/or very expensive. We thought that the Novotel offered good value. The room, while small, was about 20% larger than the rooms that we saw on the websites of comparably-priced hotels. The extra space was critical for us, because it enabled us to fit a small extra sleeping mattress for our daughter, which they gave us at no extra charge. The bathroom was good, with good water pressure in the shower.

We paid up a little bit and got a room on one of the club floors, which we would strongly advise because the club floors give you access to the club lounge, which has a free breakfast, a comfortable place to hang out, and free sodas and juices throughout the day. The club floor rooms also feature free WiFi.

A key selling point for this hotel is the location, which is a shot cab ride from Central and a 10-minute walk from the Wan Chai ferry to Kowloon. Along the walk to the ferry, there are a number of restaurants and bars.

We also enjoyed the swimming pool, which is on a lower-floor rooftop and was large enough to swim laps in. An exercise room is adjacent to the pool.

Room Tip: If possible, pay up and get a room on a club floor.
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I booked this hotel by agoda. About 200 usd/night after discount! I was surprised how small the room was. or maybe it was the standard in Hong Kong. The bathtub was small too that I could not stretch my feet (my height is about 167 cm). The breakfast was nice, I liked it. The hotel is located in Wanchai area. Good for people who have conferences since the conference hall is near by (about 15-20 min walk). It took me an hour from the airport to arrive in this hotel by bus (take the A-11 bus from the airport- the bus cost 40 dollars and make sure you have the exact amount! ). The bus stop is super closed to the hotel. It was a 10-minute walk to go to the MTR station (Wancai station). There was nothing you can see around this hotel unless you wanna buy wastafes, or something else that you need for your bathrooms. Next time I go to Hongkong I think I want to stay somewhere around central.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
NCHKGR, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are very happy to hear that you like our hotel’s location and enjoyed our breakfast.

Regarding your comment of the bathtub, we regret to learn that it did not meet your expectation. We have taken note and will bring it to the design team in our next renovation project.

We hope that you would allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Best Regards

Vanessa HO
Guest Relations Manager
Bangkok
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This recent hotel is centrally located, at a walking distance from the subway and any facilities.
There is a coffee shop in front and a french bakery two blocks away.
The hotel is very recent, bedrooms are simple, design, neat and confortable. The bathroom is impeccable with bath/ shower. Excellent value for money !!!!
Staff is friendly and efficient.
We will definitely come back !!!!!

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay here for a work trip instead of my usual hotel. Although the hotel is about 2 streets away from the Wanchai MTR station - about 10 mins walk, the location is still rather convenient.

Stayed at the premier room - room is okay but not very big. There is an ice dispenser on each floor, rather convenient if you need to get some ice for your drinks.

Did not managed to try the breakfast though it is included in the package - so can't commend on this.

Opt for the premier room where you get free wifi and breakfast and the rate offered is considered value for money if you book early. You will also enjoy the club floor benefits.

The airport express bus and the shuttle bus stops at this hotel. Thus it's quite convenient if you do not want to spend $ on taxi.

If you want to eat out, there are some nice eateries around for you to try and explore. Do look out for the roast duck store with queues - everyday!

If you want to go to Causeway Bay, just hop on the tram and you will be there by the 3rd stop!

• Stayed July 2013
Saint Cloud, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Accor, and mainly Novotel, are my backup choice when I don't stay in a Hilton brand. I'm not the highest level in the Accor loyalty club, but I'm working my way up. It seems that status and stays are less recognized by Accor than other loyalty clubs.

I stayed at this location from Tuesday - Thursday in a 'Superior' room which comes with the benefits of free internet and a high floor. I had also presumed the room would be 'Superior'. I wasn't impressed with the room, as it was barely larger than the bed, the toilet still had SOLID remnants ! and there were many stains on the walls. But as I had arrived late at night and only needed the room for 2 nights, it would be OK.

When checking out I asked what constituted a 'Superior' room on a 'high floor' and was told all rooms were the same ! and that a high floor means above 9 in a 23 floor hotel. Superior rooms are NOT Superior in their fixtures and fittings.

I have no complaints with the bed or bedding which is responsible for the majority of my satisfaction with any hotel room.

I left the hotel for two nights as I traveled to China and returned for a further 2 night stay. When checking in I mentioned my disappointment with my previous stay and they apologized and 'upgraded' me to an executive room on the premier floors.

Surprise, surprise, other than a slightly different layout, 5% more space around the bed and improved wood desk/wardrobe, the rooms are fairly similar to the others. Well at least I was on the premier floor and could use the lounge for breakfast and evening snacks.

I took breakfast the first morning, which was average in both selection and quality, but was more than sufficient for my requirements. Upon leaving the lounge I was told that just being upgraded to the premier floor does not provide premier benefits (free breakfast). The representative was very polite and without me questioning the situation I was told they would not charge me this morning, but making it clear I could not do the same again tomorrow ! wow ....

Not the sort of customer service that would endear me to a particular brand.

The internet is completely unstable. At times excellent performance, then grinds to a halt, then some websites will just fail to load but if you access via a VPN everything starts to work much better. This shouldn't happen.

As HK can be every expensive finding a quality hotel for a non nose-bleed price can be challenging. In my view this Novotel delivers at a lower level than should be expected for the price paid. Don't get me wrong, it's not a terrible hotel, if you were paying less than 1000 HKD a night its good value, but it doesn't justify the normally higher price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
NCHKGR, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Century Hong Kong, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I regret to learn that our facilities did not meet with your expectation.

Regarding your comments of the guest room, it is unfortunately the typical issue in Hong Kong, particularly to a central city hotel. However, the Superior rooms are located on the higher floor with either the mountain view or partial harbour view.

We have taken note of your comments on our Premier Floor and Internet access, we have already informed the respective managers to look into it immediately.

Please do let me know on your next trip to Hong Kong by email at H3562-GR@accor.com. We hope we will be able to accommodate you again at Novotel Century and we will make every effort to ensure you the best experience.

Best Regards
Vanessa HO
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Novotel Century Hong Kong? Share your experiences!