I probably could write a really bad review about this hotel but wanted to be fair to the company.
Reception is a big long desk that extends just past concierge to the other side. When I walked in I was wondering who was really reception as they all had their heads down peering into a computer monitor. I walked up to one who was looked up and was friendly enough. We did the usual at check-in then was asked if I wanted to be upgraded to the new refurbished floor at $200HKD per night per room (I had 2 rooms booked for 2 nights) to which I declined since I was only passing through on my way home. I asked for a late check out at around 4pm but was informed it would cost $600HKD for that.
Anyway when I eventually got to my room I was somewhat shocked to see the condition of our room. The room was so smelly like you would smell at a gym with body massage oil and the carpet was absolutely filthy with long term stains. The view was a shocker but that didn't really concern me.
I called down to reception to speak to the girl who checked me in but she was busy so I was told she would call me back. 20 minutes later no call so I called again & was put straight on to her as the girl who picked up the phone obviously didn't want to deal with me. I complained about the condition of the room also stating the website did not state that the room was going to be filthy and smelly.
I was upgraded to the refurbished floor free of charge although my other room stayed because it was acceptable. This room that was initally offered to me at $200HKD extra per night is the same size only higher up, newer & clean - what you would normally expect from a 4 star hotel.
I again asked for a late check out to which I was told no even if I paid, as they were getting in a group & they are full house. Fair enough. Not the greatest time I've had in a Hong Kong hotel but in retrospect the hotel is quite OK and in a reasonably good area for some.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hotel Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hotel
- Holiday Inn Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the very heart of Kowloon's bustling city centre lies the Holiday Inn Golden Mile , an oasis of quiet charm blending superior location, contemporary conveniences, and all the luxuries of home. The hotel is centrally located in the commercial and entertainment district of Tsim Sha Tsui, only a two-minute walk from the MTR (Hong Kong's underground Mass Transit Railway) and a forty-five minute drive from Chek Lap Kok International Airport. In addition, the famous Star Ferry and boat tour piers are also within five minutes walking distance. With invitingly comfortable guest rooms and suites, Executive Club floors, award-winning restaurants, a landscaped rooftop pool, a state-of-the-art health club, free high-speed Internet connection throughout the hotel, easy access to public transport plus shopping, dining and entertainment mere moments away - why would you stay anywhere else? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Golden Mile reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.