“Very Good Dumplings, Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Din Tai Fung (Yee Wo Branch)

Din Tai Fung (Yee Wo Branch)
No.68 Yee Wo Street, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong, China (Causeway Bay)
852-31608998
Cuisines: Chinese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Causeway Bay
NY-NJ
“Very Good Dumplings, Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Pretty much what I expected from this highly rated chain - very good dumplings and excellent service. I went twice in the span of about ten days and had very good meals both times. Truth to tell, the only dumplings I've had that surpass these are the ones made by my wife and my mother-in-law. Neither read this forum, so I am not playing to the home crowd by any means, just giving the facts as I see them. I actually expected these to be better than homemade, based on the glowing reports from NYT and the like, but that was not my experience. I meant to try the Kowloon branch as well but didn't have time during this trip. Maybe next time.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Some of the best Shanghai style dumplings I have ever had, this place is well worth a visit if you are on the island. The noodle soup and spicy wontons are also outstanding.

Tokyo, Japan
“Did not disappoint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went to the Causeway branch next to the Regal Hotel - doors open at 11:30 arrive at 11:15 to be part of the first service. Had Xiaolongbao with crab (delicious) and Spicy Wonton (very good) among other nice dishes. Was alone on a Week End.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“From a Din Tai Fung fan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

After my first experience (and second, third, fourth...) with Din Tai Fung in Seattle, I am determined to try Din Tai Fung wherever they exist.

Its been two years since I had good dumplings and I simply had to get some. So... I went to this place as soon as I landed in Hong Kong. The dumplings were excellent as usual. I don't know how they make it so well so consistently. This place is awesome. Unlike the last couple of times, I had some noodles and steamed greens as well. Both were nice.

I highly recommend this place

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hong Kong, China
“Just what you'd expect: great food, flavors and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Ate on a Fri night; it appears you slide right in until about 7:15pm then there are dozens waiting in line. We ordered at least 10 items and here were the highlights: pork buns, spicy shrimp wontons, vveggie fried rice. Dan Dan noodle peanut sauce was a little off. Overall consistent and delicious w very attentive staff. Go!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere