“Very Insightful Tour with Jacky” 4 of 5 stars
Review of T.I.A. Private Tours-Day Tour

T.I.A. Private Tours-Day Tour
91337 TST Office TST, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Mong Kok)
852-65344367
Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Jacky I offer private tour services in both Hong Kong and Macau.Did you always wish you had a local friend to take you around when you travel?Is communication a problem for you when you tour in Asia?Have always fascinated about the rich cultures of Hong Kong and Macau?Want to swift around like a local?I've been a tourist to other countries as well, so I understand the needs of being in another place unfamiliar to me. I want to be safe and I don't want to have to worry. Therefore, it's very important to me that my tour provides you with a no worries, safe and secure environment.I have lived in both cities of Hong Kong and Macau. My friends calls me a street sider as I always love to explore and the small details of inner city living. I think this has been a habit of mine and has had something to do with growing up in the city of Melbourne, where little lanes corners will find yourself in a different world. I grew up in Australia through my teenage and early twenties life and now settles myself in here in Hong Kong. I have had 10 years of hospitality experience, where I learnt a lot about how tourists are and their needs and wants. I am young, knowledgable, local and most importantly I understand the differences between western and local cultures.As a guide, I advocate Reliability, Responsibility and Resourcefulness.Yet, I'm also a believer in tailored service. I believe all tours shall be different as everybody's needs and wants are different. It will be fun showing you the excitements of Hong Kong and Macau at the same time learn a little about your country and it's cultures too. This life is a learning experience. It goes by the saying, learn a little, give a little. So I'm learning each day to be a better guide so that I can give you a memorable experience being on tour with me.I'm very flexible and understand your needs so that you can truly enjoy your visit/vacation/holiday/getaway or however you would want to name it. I'm easy to talk to and I'm friendly too. With me you can enjoy, relax and chit chat, because apart from being your tour guide, I'm also your friend!I am a food enthusiast! If you are looking for a culinary experience, just count on me. Tell me what your likes and dislikes are of food, I'll bring you to the food that suit your needs. There's just too much good food to choose from that I myself can't get enough of! Hong Kong, Asia's world city has it all and I'll gladly show you.I have had friend's visits from overseas and I had previously organized private, authentic and original tours to great places. My goal is to take you off the beaten track to locations where you would never come on your own. To show and practice the local traditions and explore the streets of Hong Kong.For city tours in I always recommend to use public transport. This is a fun experience and gives the best feel and maneuverability of the city. For trips out of the city I will arrange a VIP van, it comes with upgraded interior and comfortable leather seats.If you have special wishes please let me know. Making tailor made tours to match with your personal interests is what I do best. We provide customized tour guide services for Hong Kong and Macau City tours, urban adventures, casino hopping, you name it... We provide tailor made services that suit your own personal need. Because we know everybody is different. Charged per tour (with minimum of 6 hours) Flexible hours. Can facilitate maximum group of 10 people.hongkongmacautourguidegoogle mail
Manila
15 attraction reviews
“Very Insightful Tour with Jacky”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Jacky is a very energetic tour guide. As promised, he brought us all over Hong Kong and Kowloon in 8 hours. We could have gone further but we were so dead tired. We rode all form of transportation from train, ferry, electric tram, and bus. Jacky showed us the significance of each location like Shen Wan and Wanchai and bit and pieces of history here and there. Jacky also pointed out which food is very local and he even made us try a chinese rice cake. We requested Jacky to take us where we can buy computer peripherals and he even helped us in translating what we want with the stall owner. If you plan to go with Jacky, get ready to walk as this indeed is the best way to see, and feel Hongkong. One note though - Jacky relates better with adults than with kids.

Visited October 2012
Jacky W, Owner at T.I.A. Private Tours-Day Tour, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear MrsKanga: Thank you for your comments! Yes Hong Kong is such a place where you muster walk to really get to feel the beat. Of course I do understand that in most other places, normal people would travel by car to get around, and they would drive to wherever they need to go, no need to walk at all. I used to do that also when I used to live overseas. But in Hong Kong is really the other way around, where it is actually more inconvenient, to spend time to find parking and walking from where you parked to the actual place of where you need to go. So that's why public transport is so efficient here and that's why everyone here does it! Our day out is more about letting you feel of how it's like being a local, so travelling around makes a good part of it and I hope you did feel that beat even so it might be tiring for you and the kids. I hope everything turned out okay for you on our tour and I apologies if I had might said something wrong to your children and gave them a bad impression. I'm usually okay with kids but maybe it didn't turn out on this very occasion.
Hope all is good and hopefully we'll meet again very soon.

Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Great tour of Macau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I arranged a Macau day trip (from Hong Kong) with Jacky. Communication via e-mail was great and Jacky met us on time on the day of the tour. We traveled by subway to the ferry terminal and then by ferry to Macau. Jacky was extremely knowledgeable about Macau and took us all over the place. We definitely saw many sights that we would not have found on our own. After seeing historic Macau, we spent an hour or two going to the casinos (at our request). Overall, Jacky is an excellent tour guide and we would highly recommend utilizing his services.

Visited October 2012
Dear S1245: Thank you for your comments and glad to hear that you did enjoy seeing Macau. Yes it was really an enjoyable day, for you seeing the lace for the very first time and also getting to know abut local travels. I could only hope that I showed you more. Again, glad that you learned about Macau and hope you can get to see it again in the near future. Thank you and hope all is good.
Lennox Head, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“The best tour guide in Hong Kong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My friend and I visited Hong Kong recently onboard a cruise ship. We were in port for just one day. I have mobility problems and use a motorised scooter. The ship didn't offer any accessible tours but I wanted to participate in a day tour to see Hong Kong. Thankfully, I found Jacky Wong. Jacky was a fantastic tour guide. Despite my disabiliy and mobility limitations, Jacky escorted us on public transport and taxis, through local markets, to The Peak, shopping, a museum and a fabulous restaurant. His local knowledge, friendliness and professionalism enured our visit to Hong Kong was fantastic. I highly recommend Jacky.

Visited August 2012
Hi Karyn S: thank you for your comments! For your tour, I did actually had to think ahead a lot on what we can do in Hong Kong. Unlike in Australia, Hong Kong is not too much of a friendly place when it comes to ramped access. So I planned our way along and made sure you got to see as much as possible as I knew that you had limited time and it will be different for you to hope around so many places within the same day. I think the only trouble we had was going to the peak which I insisted and you enjoyed. Hope everything is well and thanks again!
Melbourne, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“The only way to see Hong Kong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Jacky Wong is definitely the best tour guide I have used. We had him show us around Hong Kong and Macau. He's punctual, knowledgeable and friendly. He took us from one end of Hong Kong to the other and we used every type of transportation available. We were then able to travel around confidently on the public transport system ourselves on the remainder of our trip. He is very flexible and can organize a tour to suit your needs. I highly recommend him.

Visited October 2012
Dear 255100Diane: Thank you for your comments! Yes it was a great time hanging out with you and the girls. It was a very special memory, especially at the bar at the Venetian! I couldn't say more than thank you. I hope you are all doing well in Victoria. Hope we'll get to catch up soon.
Kinross, United Kingdom
“The best way to see HK and Macau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

As a solo traveller on my first visit to this area I was concerned about how I was going to cope. Fortunately I found Jacky's name on a website and my concerns were solved. He was everything a tour guide should be, punctual, knowledgeable, attentive and humerous but never boring. He provided a fascinating insight to Kowloon nightlife on the first evening. Gave me an amazing tour of Hong Kong Island the next day where I was taken well off the normal tourist trail yet saw all the main attractions and a lot of the "real" Hong Kong besides. The following day we "did" Macau and again Jacky took me off the tourist trail while still visiting all the main attractions. Jacky provided me with a fascinating visit to the region, I saw much more than I would have had I attempted to book the normal organised tours. I travelled on buses, trams, the metro and ferries always with Jacky to guide and advise and ate in restaurants and cafes that I would never have found on my own. All in all, a memorable and very worthwhile experience and one which I highly recommend to others. Thank you Jacky.

Visited September 2012
Dear Bill T: Thank you for your comments! Really glad that you enjoyed Hong Kong day, evening and Macau tours that I tailored for you. The places we have visited was I felt that was what you should see being a first time visitor, a brief overview of the region. I'm so glad that you enjoyed every part of it! I still remembered somebody made a comment to you about similarities with English and Scottish people, that was something that man had learned on that day. Hope I'll get to visit you soon so I can get to know more about whiskey. Until then take care and hope all is well.