“Fabulous guide” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 107 activities in Hong Kong
Type: Tours, Walking tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: My name is Jacky I offer private tour services in both Hong Kong and Macau.Did you always wish you had a local friend to take you around when you travel?Is communication a problem for you when you tour in Asia?Have always fascinated about the rich cultures of Hong Kong and Macau?Want to swift around like a local?I've been a tourist to other countries as well, so I understand the needs of being in another place unfamiliar to me. I want to be safe and I don't want to have to worry. Therefore, it's very important to me that my tour provides you with a no worries, safe and secure environment.I have lived in both cities of Hong Kong and Macau. My friends calls me a street sider as I always love to explore and the small details of inner city living. I think this has been a habit of mine and has had something to do with growing up in the city of Melbourne, where little lanes corners will find yourself in a different world. I grew up in Australia through my teenage and early twenties life and now settles myself in here in Hong Kong. I have had 10 years of hospitality experience, where I learnt a lot about how tourists are and their needs and wants. I am young, knowledgable, local and most importantly I understand the differences between western and local cultures.As a guide, I advocate Reliability, Responsibility and Resourcefulness.Yet, I'm also a believer in tailored service. I believe all tours shall be different as everybody's needs and wants are different. It will be fun showing you the excitements of Hong Kong and Macau at the same time learn a little about your country and it's cultures too. This life is a learning experience. It goes by the saying, learn a little, give a little. So I'm learning each day to be a better guide so that I can give you a memorable experience being on tour with me.I'm very flexible and understand your needs so that you can truly enjoy your visit/vacation/holiday/getaway or however you would want to name it. I'm easy to talk to and I'm friendly too. With me you can enjoy, relax and chit chat, because apart from being your tour guide, I'm also your friend!I am a food enthusiast! If you are looking for a culinary experience, just count on me. Tell me what your likes and dislikes are of food, I'll bring you to the food that suit your needs. There's just too much good food to choose from that I myself can't get enough of! Hong Kong, Asia's world city has it all and I'll gladly show you.I have had friend's visits from overseas and I had previously organized private, authentic and original tours to great places. My goal is to take you off the beaten track to locations where you would never come on your own. To show and practice the local traditions and explore the streets of Hong Kong.For city tours in I always recommend to use public transport. This is a fun experience and gives the best feel and maneuverability of the city. For trips out of the city I will arrange a VIP van, it comes with upgraded interior and comfortable leather seats.If you have special wishes please let me know. Making tailor made tours to match with your personal interests is what I do best. We provide customized tour guide services for Hong Kong and Macau City tours, urban adventures, casino hopping, you name it... We provide tailor made services that suit your own personal need. Because we know everybody is different. Charged per tour (with minimum of 6 hours) Flexible hours. Can facilitate maximum group of 10 people.hongkongmacautourguidegoogle mail
Musswellbrook
16 attraction reviews
“Fabulous guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Jacky was our first guide in Hong Kong and as such gave us a fantastic orientation to this great city. We used every form of transport , saw a vast area of the city ranging from the main island to Kowloon and from every facet of life that the city has to offer. Throughout the tour Jacky gave us an insight into the cities history and culture and added his own personal anecdotes. As Australians we particularly enjoyed his company as he had spent much of his adolescent years in Melbourne and could identify with where we came from. He was great company and we particularly enjoyed his sense of humour. If you are keen to see the city by foot with a guide that is great company as well as informative then I would highly recommend Jacky

Visited September 2012
Jacky W, Owner at TIA Hong Kong Macau Shenzhen Private Tours, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Lynne4Musswellbrook: thank you for your comments! I really appreciate! Great to hear that you did enjoy the tour. Hong Kong is truly a different place compared to the rest of the world. It is unique as itself with vast varieties of cultures and activities. Not to mention its world class transport system. Overall I gave you the best of of knowledge to show you the true face of Hong Kong and great to hear you enjoyed it also. Hope we'll get to meet sometime again. Thank you very much!

Redondo Beach, California
“Fantastic Tour Guide!!!! He is well worth it!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

Jacky was great!!! Excellent tour guide. He showed us the true scenes of Hong Kong. It was an oringinal tour and gave us a view of the locals of Hong Kong. Jacky was great aswell. helped with the preperation prior to the actual tour assured that we were in good hands and we were!!! I would recommend him to close friends and family as well as anyone looking for a guide to show them the City of Hong Kong or macau!!!! Thanks Jacky! You made my Fiance's and My Trip one of a kind!

Visited August 2012
Dear courtney m: thank you for your comments! I'm so glad that you and your fiancé did enjoy while I was showing you around. Thanks again and hope all is good!
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Casinos galore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

get off the ferry and grab a free bus ride to any of the casinos just for a wander round or a flutter.

Visited April 2012
Hi carol967: yes you are correct that casino shuttle can get you to many places but only between the casino and ports. So if you were looking to really explore Macau, you would need to look further into where most people will have trouble. Macau is not a transport convenient place like Hong Kong, so you will need to know how to get around places in order to be able to actually get to your destination. My service includes assisting you in getting around and most importantly get you back to your hotel safely after an enjoyable day. Hope I'll have the opportunity on your next occasion.
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
“Best experience ever in hk macau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

i came hk many times ,with friends sometimes with family .Always hang around same places like shopping area , lanta island , tst, etc.. But this time i came here just for three days then i think wat should i do during 3 days?? ,,,hang around at same places?? Just drink?? No!! This time i want more,so i Googled and found Jacky on tripadvisor and contacted him
During trip 2 days hk-macau, he came on time ,great service, provide u the best, very friendly ,and guided me local food local hk-macau culture, also he took u to see alot of unseen hk macau!!! .. What else u need more from private guide!?!??!!
I ll definately recommend jacky to my friends and ppl around me who wanna visit hk macau that if u wanna get wat local ppl do in usual life, or unseen hk macau which u r hard to get from other tour operator, ill recommend jacky to friends and who wanna visit hk

Visited June 2012
Hi Kittiyarath_B: Thank you for your comments! Yes we did spend a lot of time together exploring Hong Kong and Macau. It was obvious that it was not your first time here and still you had enjoyed while with me exploring new places. I knew this trip of yours was on a different occasion so I did tailor to suit your needs. I still remember dinner we had at your hotel..... Best fish I have ever had. Hope we will meet again sometime very soon either in Thailand or Hong Kong. Thanks again!
Irvine, California
“SEEING HONG KONG WITH JACKY WONG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have just enjoyed a wonderful day with Jacky Wong in Hong Kong. He met me at the airport, helped me check in my luggage, then we set off for a day filled with the excitement of Hong Kong. Public transport, lots of walking and visits to spectacular sights made it a day I will never forget. Jacky was profession yet became my friend for the day. As a woman traveling on my own he made me feel very comfortable and I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a guide. He gave me a special day filled with incredible memories for which I thank him. I would give him a 6 star rating - but there are only five stars available!
Sue Mordin
Irvine, California

Visited April 2012
Dear Sue: thank you for your comment! It was a wonderful day out with you also. I still remember you telling me stories about California and Mexico. I'm glad that you enjoyed the day also and hope our day out had brought you great memories and impressions of Hong Kong. Thanks heaps and hope we'll meet up again very soon. Thanks...... Jacky