“SEEING HONG KONG WITH JACKY WONG” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 179 Activities in Hong Kong
Type: Walking tours, Sightseeing Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Jacky I offer private tour services in both Hong Kong and Macau.Did you always wish you had a local friend to take you around when you travel?Is communication a problem for you when you tour in Asia?Have always fascinated about the rich cultures of Hong Kong and Macau?Want to swift around like a local?I've been a tourist to other countries as well, so I understand the needs of being in another place unfamiliar to me. I want to be safe and I don't want to have to worry. Therefore, it's very important to me that my tour provides you with a no worries, safe and secure environment.I have lived in both cities of Hong Kong and Macau. My friends calls me a street sider as I always love to explore and the small details of inner city living. I think this has been a habit of mine and has had something to do with growing up in the city of Melbourne, where little lanes corners will find yourself in a different world. I grew up in Australia through my teenage and early twenties life and now settles myself in here in Hong Kong. I have had 10 years of hospitality experience, where I learnt a lot about how tourists are and their needs and wants. I am young, knowledgable, local and most importantly I understand the differences between western and local cultures.As a guide, I advocate Reliability, Responsibility and Resourcefulness.Yet, I'm also a believer in tailored service. I believe all tours shall be different as everybody's needs and wants are different. It will be fun showing you the excitements of Hong Kong and Macau at the same time learn a little about your country and it's cultures too. This life is a learning experience. It goes by the saying, learn a little, give a little. So I'm learning each day to be a better guide so that I can give you a memorable experience being on tour with me.I'm very flexible and understand your needs so that you can truly enjoy your visit/vacation/holiday/getaway or however you would want to name it. I'm easy to talk to and I'm friendly too. With me you can enjoy, relax and chit chat, because apart from being your tour guide, I'm also your friend!I am a food enthusiast! If you are looking for a culinary experience, just count on me. Tell me what your likes and dislikes are of food, I'll bring you to the food that suit your needs. There's just too much good food to choose from that I myself can't get enough of! Hong Kong, Asia's world city has it all and I'll gladly show you.I have had friend's visits from overseas and I had previously organized private, authentic and original tours to great places. My goal is to take you off the beaten track to locations where you would never come on your own. To show and practice the local traditions and explore the streets of Hong Kong.For city tours in I always recommend to use public transport. This is a fun experience and gives the best feel and maneuverability of the city. For trips out of the city I will arrange a VIP van, it comes with upgraded interior and comfortable leather seats.If you have special wishes please let me know. Making tailor made tours to match with your personal interests is what I do best. We provide customized tour guide services for Hong Kong and Macau City tours, urban adventures, casino hopping, you name it... We provide tailor made services that suit your own personal need. Because we know everybody is different. Charged per tour (with minimum of 6 hours) Flexible hours. Can facilitate maximum group of 10 people.hongkongmacautourguidegoogle mail
Irvine, California
“SEEING HONG KONG WITH JACKY WONG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have just enjoyed a wonderful day with Jacky Wong in Hong Kong. He met me at the airport, helped me check in my luggage, then we set off for a day filled with the excitement of Hong Kong. Public transport, lots of walking and visits to spectacular sights made it a day I will never forget. Jacky was profession yet became my friend for the day. As a woman traveling on my own he made me feel very comfortable and I would strongly recommend him to anyone looking for a guide. He gave me a special day filled with incredible memories for which I thank him. I would give him a 6 star rating - but there are only five stars available!
Sue Mordin
Irvine, California

Visited April 2012
Jacky W, Owner at TIA Hong Kong Macau Shenzhen Private Tours, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Sue: thank you for your comment! It was a wonderful day out with you also. I still remember you telling me stories about California and Mexico. I'm glad that you enjoyed the day also and hope our day out had brought you great memories and impressions of Hong Kong. Thanks heaps and hope we'll meet up again very soon. Thanks...... Jacky

Tel Aviv, Israel
“enjoyable day in Hong Kong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Jacky came to meet us at the airport in Hong Kong at 7 am. Spent with us all day and returned with us to the airport in the afternoon. Jacky showed a great desire to present the real Hong Kong. At our request, we ate lunch at a good authentic and relatively inexpensive Dim Sam restaurant.
Thanks Jacky for a successful and enjoyable day in Hong Kong.

Visited May 2012
Jacky W, Owner at TIA Hong Kong Macau Shenzhen Private Tours, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear AlexP1_12: thank you for your comment: yes it was a great day hanging out with you and I enjoyed also. There are many airport layover passengers who could only wonder what Hong Kong is sitting at their boarding gate, without knowing about Hong Kong and head towards their next destination. What I offer is a true tailor trail that only suits your layover time. Starting from the airport upon your arrival and have you back in time for your next flight. Depending on your time, we can then schedule on what we can do on the day, no matter extended or cutting it short, it's all up my sleeves. I'm glad that you did enjoy the day out with me, your excitement gives me the thrill to show you more. There's always more that I can show you in Hong Kong and Macau, and I hope I can get to show them to you on your next occasion. So if you are heading this way again please do let me know so we can organize. Until then please take care and hopefully will be seeing you soon.
Shoham, Israel
“Best day tour I had anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

We booked this tour online, being the first time in HK, and only for a day (traveling from Sydny to Tel Aviv).
Jacky was very informative and helpful in adjusting the tour and meeting place. He actually came to the airport to meet us on 7:30AM (!) in order to adjust to our schedule.
He then proceeded by taking is on a whole day tour of HK, inncluding sites and off-tourist attractions, using every mean of tansportation possible, and going native as much as possible in food and experience.
The thing most impressing, apart from the knowledge and excelent guide skills, was the flexibility and willingness to fulfil our wishes, were these to do with food, shopping or sight seeing.
I highly recommend this tour and guide.

Visited May 2012
Dear daviddtb42: thank you for your comment: it was a pleaser in meeting you both and was fascinating to learn on what you were doing in Sydney. I remembered that we had a great time out in Hong Kong, showing you what really happens in Hong Kong especially in the early hours. I'm glad you both enjoyed Hong Kong with me and hope I'll have another opportunity to show you more on what's Hong Kong and Macau has to offer on your next occasion. So please do let me know if you are heading this way again and we'll organize. Until then please take care and hopefully will be seeing you very soon.
Bali, Indonesia
10 attraction reviews
“nice one”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

went Macau through it, just the boarding place not that comfort. please read and ask for more understanding

Visited May 2012
Dear Alfian: thank you for your comment: yes at the ferry terminal it does get a bit rough. So that's why some local guidance comes in handy. From my point of view, getting through from Hong Kong to Macau does take some art form of skills as the ferry runs on an old operating system due to the rich histories involved. Getting to the ferry on the right time, purchasing tickets at the right location, getting to and arriving, going through to Macau smoothly, all takes some local knowledge to do. I'm here to offer you to make this smooth. Of course the day out with me in Macau will offer you the true local sites and away from the tourist sites, offering you a tailored trail that's only just for you.
Hope will have another opportunity to show you on your next occasion.
maryland, us
7 attraction reviews
“Great private tour with sweet, knowlegeable Hong Kong/Macao native”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

We spent a rainy day in Macao with Jacky in April. He came to pick us up at our hotel in the morning and helped us get the less expensive tickets with the shorter lines for our trip over to Macao. Once there he helped put together a tour in the rain that allowed us to get a real flavor of the island, taste the local foods, visit the wet markets and see the main sites. I highly recommend him if you would like a private tour that is designed to meet your needs.

Visited April 2012
Dear happytraveller8888: thank you for your comment: yes it was a pity of the weather but hope it did not effect on your mood! On my point of view, the rain could not stop me on what I have got to show you. Getting through to Macau from Hong Kong has an artwork of skills that only a true local would know about and I was happy to let another of my guest just like you to learn about it. It s an old operating system that only a local would learn about due to the rich histories of macau that is involved. Getting to the ferry on specific times, where to get the right tickets, arriving and getting in smoothly, all would take some skills. I was also glad that I got to show you the real history part of Macau, not just the main attraction and the casinos, but to be away from the regular tourists, that's what's most important. However, there's always more on offer to show you and I hope will get to opportunity to show you on your next occasion. So please do let me know if you are coming this way again and we'll organize. Until then please take care and hope will see you soon again,