“Nothing good to write about” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2,364 of 4,812 Restaurants in Hong Kong
Cuisines: Indian
Hong Kong, China
“Nothing good to write about”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went to Palki for Lunch and were extremely disappointed both with the taste of food and quality of service. Both the snacks and the main course were not upto the mark. When we pointed this out to the restaurant manager, he simply looked unconcerned. There are definitely better options in the vicinity like Tandoori Nights and Branto. Avoid this restaurant if you can.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Bad experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was there twice, the first time I brought a friend, and the second time I was alone, and I passed a very bad experience in that restaurant. When I entered to the restaurants it was almost empty. They offer to me a menu, after 15 minutes they bring the food, the attention was good, I asked for Internet, I was in business. Everything was good, and suddenly a group a big of group of tourist from India enter to the restaurant. That moment the owner who was very gentle at the beginning was transformed maybe by the group of new customers bringing more money, he asked me in front of all those people if I have finished because he needs the table. It was a very embarrassing moment. I left the restaurant, because I didn't want to return again, thinking that some people are driven just for money.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Guangzhou, China
“True Indian Fashio and Food -"Carried on the Wedding Coach"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Outside of London or India, Palki is the next best restaurant for those who love Indian food cooked with just the right amount of ingredients under the watchful eye of the owner directing his staff to make the visit pleasant for the diner. Highlighting the evenings that we were there is a
two -man duet playing traditional Indian music to add the authentic feel of the India that I once visited.

You will not be disappointed if you visit Palki Indian Cuisine, a refreshing change from the norm that usually is associated with Indian food. On Hankow Road in Kowloon near Nathan Road.

Ask the owner to suggest something off the menu-he will accommodate your palate and wallet. So reasonably priced too!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cairns, Australia
“The best Naan ever.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We saw a sign in Hankow Road but we couldn't find the restaurant. Then the owner approached us and invited us up. Down a narrow passage, up a very small elevator,through the kitchen and there we were. The service was lovely, food was yummy, the best Naan ever and the bill was reasonable. This restaurant is worth looking for.

Visited April 2013
Mumbai
“Manageable Indian Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Service was good. Place was usual old style Indian on the 1st floor. The Palak Paneer was very good and so were the breads. The Nan was superb. The Dal was disappointing, which is not forgivable. How can one not make a good dal tadka!

Visited March 2013