“Bad service” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Flint Grill & Bar

Flint Grill & Bar
Level 5, JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong, Pacific Place, 88 Queensway, Hong Kong, China (Admiralty)
+852 2810 8366
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar, Grill
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Admiralty
Description: Flint Grill & Bar offers an exceptional dining experience in a cutting-edge industrial chic setting, serving quality grills and modern classic dishes, expertly prepared with delicious home-made recipes and imported market fresh ingredients. Signature dishes include Nebraska 63 days dry-aged on the bone, and Six Point Berkshire Black Pork Chop, with crusted fennel seed and apple compote. The restaurant also features an array of iconic cocktails, specialty drinks and premium wines.
“Bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 NEW

A group of friends and I ate at Flint restaurant Friday nite. Although the food was of decent quality, their service fell far short of the standard expected of a 5-star hotel restaurant.

We started off by ordering some drinks and entrée with the intention of ordering our main courses later. The waiting staff immediately demanded to have two of the one-page food menu back, saying she would leave us one menu for our use later. It was as if it was a real service to us for the three of us to share the use of one menu.

Then the orders we placed was either wrong or with side dish missing. My two friends ordered the Angus 20 oz sirloin with onion ring (they have a craving for onion rings!), but what they got was the 20 oz rib eye. When we asked, the waiting staff said that was what we ordered. And there was no offer to replace it for us, and at the end we had to place an additional order for onion rings. For me, my order of 8 oz tenderloin came without my requested side dish of fat chips.

When it came time to order dessert, we both ordered three-scoop ice cream with the exact same combination of three flavours. Again the flavours served were all wrong and had to be returned.

The final straw was when we checked the bill, we found that we were charged four draft beer when we had just consumed three. I was really surprised that, at such a high-class hotel, we still needed to check the bill with such care.

All in all, a very disappointing experience. Flint waiting staff need to pay more attention to customer service and stay focus on their work.

Visited December 2014
LVNVHK, Manager at Flint Grill & Bar, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear William T,

Allow us to thank you for your valuable feedback. We are extremely disappointed to learn that your experience with us did not meet your expectations, we shared your comments with the entire team to prevent them from reoccurring in the future.

We would appreciate to learn more about your experience, please feel free to contact us at flint@marriotthotels.com.

Once again, thank you for taking time to comment on Tripadvisor.

Flint Management Team

“Service at JW Marriott's Flint restaurant needs to be improved”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014 NEW

Hong Kong, China
“Great dessert that i didn't expect ^^”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2014

I was there with friends couple days ago, had great meal there that we expected :)…
While we all thought the dessert selection there wasn't able to fulfill our greedy stomach, oh………… here u go!!
Delicious !!!!!

LVNVHK, Manager at Flint Grill & Bar, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear F00d_fell0w,

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor! We are all very pleased to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your dinner with us and looking forward to welcoming you in our Restaurant again for more memorable experiences!

Beijing Region, China
“The cherry on top of the excellence!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

This place has been recommended to me from one of my clients as THE spot for a nice relaxing dinner with great food. I came here with not too many expectations as I have been let down a lot of times during my trips to Honking, but I have decided to give it a try.
Starting from the food selection, I have been amazed on the variety of the food as it has been not simply a steakhouse menu selection, it has been actually a nice range of, as I would call it, Meatlovers dishes.

We have tried the pulled pork burger, which has been absolutely wonderful (would love to eat that for the rest of my life), as well as the lobster, which my friend has quite enjoyed as well as the rib eye, which by the way was perfectly done.
As we have been quite full after the amount of food that has been ordered (the portions are quite big), we were craving for an after dinner drink. We have been brought to their bar, which is at the entrance and have been served an amazing interpretation of an old fashioned , served in a crystal skull bottle, and fumed with some cinnamon from their head bartender. We have had a couple of these and suddenly the Chef of this restaurant has appeared and we have had quite a nice talk with him, which has made the evening really amazing.

• Visited November 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
LVNVHK, Manager at Flint Grill & Bar, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Peter S,

It is a great pleasure to read such amazing comments! Thank you for taking your time to share it on Tripadvisor! We are all very pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us and can’t wait to welcome you in Flint again!

Hong Kong, China
“Fresh, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2014

Enjoyed a recent meal with friends. Have been several time now but I thought it was about time I would add it to my list of reviews.

Staff were pleasant and had personality which is always a plus to see. Can't fault the meals we had. If you're looking for a relaxed and friendly spot for some fresh and positive vibes/food you can't go wrong.

Thanks to all the staff

LVNVHK, Manager at Flint Grill & Bar, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear peterl7414,

Thank you for taking time to write a comment on Tripadvisor! We are very pleased to learn about your experience and are looking forward to welcoming you back in Flint and provide even better service!

Thank you once again!