“Mediocre at best” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Inakaya Japanese Restaurant

Inakaya Japanese Restaurant
Building 101, International Commerce Center Square, No.1 Austin Road West, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)
852-29722666
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,584 of 4,657 Restaurants in Hong Kong
3.5 of 5 stars 41 Reviews
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Tsim Sha Tsui
“Mediocre at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Located at lofty height at 101th floor of ICC ( International Commercial Centre), one of the tallest building in Hong Kong, the view is magnificent without doubt. The decor is modern, as to be expected. We were in a table of of 9 by the window on a Friday evening. The service was very average with a waitress recommending ( unloading ) the top of the line seafood such as fresh oysters, clams, lobsters, abalone to my generous host who was inclined to accept any recommendation for his guests. We took everything at was suggested as appetizers which were nothing to write about . Instead of having a lengthy menu, I had a chirashi which was also average. I saw my friends having beef tappenyaki and others, none of which had any ' wow' factor.
I am sure the bill was astronomical, and personally I would prefer other more traditional Japanese restaurant not located on lofy height. I am sure tourists and non-cognoscente will find this to be rather fabulous
fabulous.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Delray Beach, Florida
“Dig this place.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Good Japanese.. Nice service, with tasty selections of fresh, quality dishes. Not Tuskiji at 6AM. but hey, this is Hong Kong. Check it out, we like it!

Visited August 2012
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent food and great view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

This is my second time at this restaurant. We asked the chef to design our menu and we were stuffed! Very good food.

Check out the photos which I uploaded. They were all great. You can show these pictures to the manager or the chef and they will know which items to order for you.

Enjoy.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent Japanese food, but definitely not cheap”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I went to this restaurant because it has arranged a team of chefs from japan to serve special sukiyaki beef. Each set dinner is about HKD 1300 each. The set dinner has beef sashimi appetiser, three pieces of beef, vegetables etc. The three pieces of beef are quite big, and they could be halved when they are served. The beef melts in your mouth. Incredible!

We also tried some dried small shrimps over rice. That is absolutely tasty. I highly recommend this.

The toro hand cone is also very delicious .

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“Great View on top of the ICC in Kowloon....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We just had a family/special occasion lunch at Inakaya and it was quite good. We had a table for 10 next to the window and the view from the 101st floor is worth the visit on a clear day.... I have been here 2 other times, and I can say that the service can be trying at times, but, it may go with the territory for large groups (8-10 per).....they will make you use a CC for deposit on groups 10 or more, so be prepared....

We typically order from the Robatayaki section or the standard menu, and we have had no complaints from the guests we have taken.... I have to say every course we had was well prepared and delicious.

I would definitely recommend Inakaya for a special business lunch, or special occasion. The prices are expensive, but you have to consider that you are eating in a restaurant with one of the most spectacular views in Hong Kong.....!

• Visited May 2012