“Brilliant Food Tour” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Big Foot Tour - Day Tours

Big Foot Tour - Day Tours
Hong Kong, China (Sheung Wan)
852-60752727
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 17 Food & Drink in Hong Kong
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Hello, we bring to you your real Hong Kong walking tours. Through our Hong Kong Private Tour, Hong Kong Food Tour and Real Hong Kong Tour, we make it fun and easy for you to immerse in an authentic Hong Kong environment! Do you want to travel like a local? Book your Hong Kong tours with us now!
Halifax
“Brilliant Food Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We took a Big Foot Food Tour with Joe as our guide during our recent holiday and as all the reviews say - it was a brilliant thing to do. I've lived in Hong Kong previously, and on this trip had been back three times on holiday with my partner and so we wanted to do something 'different'. The food tour proved to be just the ticket as Joe took us to many places we'd not been to before and talked with us about Hong Kong past, present and future. Joe is happy to talk about anything Hong Kong (not just food related) and was easy to relate to as he'd been to university in Sheffield. We recommended the tour to friends and family still in Hong Kong and would definitely recommend it for any one else going to Hong Kong.

Visited January 2014
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour - Day Tours, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you, HelenHalifax, for going on a Hong Kong Food Tour with us. Besides going on an adventure together to suss out the best Hong Kong food, there are so much more things that we can't wait to share about Hong Kong - history, stories of inspiring Hong Kong people, the issues that locals face, etc. We had the most wonderful time showing you around Hong Kong and are very delighted to know that you enjoyed yourselves too! Here's a message from your guide, Joe:

Hi HelenHalifax, thank you for taking the time to leave me a review. I truly appreciate it. It was an excellent morning, particularly fantastic to see how eager your partner was to learn a bit of Cantonese! It would be fantastic to spend some time with your brother at some point too. I hope the rest of your stay went well. Take it easy. Joe.

Brisbane
31 attraction reviews
“Perfect Intro to Hong Kong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

We arranged a Big Foot private tour of Hong Kong Island (Central area) as our introduction to HK. Having never been to HK before, this looked like a good way to start and it certainly was - Ski met us at our hotel all as planned (in fact a few minutes early) and then took us to the local MTR station - set us up with Octopus cards (we were staying for two weeks, so these are pretty well essential and save carrying too much cash and collecting all that loose change as you normally do).

We caught the MTR to Central and commenced the tour proper which included many sights of new and old Hong Kong and an expert commentary along the way. We had a Dim Sum lunch at a "real" Chinese style restaurant - forget the white napkins etc., but you need an open mind about this - not the cleanest establishment, but the food was great and the price even better.

We saw lots of interesting places and people on the tour and had absolutely no complaints at all. You do need to let Ski know your preferences and she is very clear on this at the time of booking. There is also a lot of walking - so be prepared - no silly shoes and remember your water bottle.

As a family of four, this tour represented excellent value and we thoroughly recommend it for anyone visiting HK and wishing to see perhaps a different side of the city.

As a footnote - Ski also gave us a number of tips - do's and don'ts in HK which helped too including a referral to a local tailor (Moda Republic - covered under a separate TA review) - all greatly received.

Thanks Ski for our perfect introduction to Hong Kong.

Visited January 2014
Thank you, JIm_Bris. It was a brilliant day for myself too! All of you are great company and I must say, I definitely enjoyed laughing my way throughout the tour because of your sense of humour. I love how we made friends with other locals whilst walking around and having lunch too! I'm glad the tailor recommendation worked out well for you. We do not take commission from any forms of establishments and so all of our recommendations are based on word of mouth, including the locals' opinions, our personal experiences as well as our guests' reviews. In this way, we hope that our guests will always have the best and unbiased recommendation in Hong Kong. =)

2 weeks is a great time to experience Hong Kong in its entirety and I hope all of you had an amazing time in this city that doesn't sleep! Stay in touch!
Memphis, Tennessee
26 attraction reviews
“Great tour for folks who "don't do tours"!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

This is the third tour in the existence of our marriage (25+ years) that my husband truly enjoyed. Joe, our guide, could not have been better. He took us through parts of the Central & Western districts that we never knew existed. We went through the Mid Levels & the Escalator System, Man Ho Temple, the Cat Street Market and more. It was tough, cuz we had been to Hong Kong before. And my husband had been many times in previous years. What we enjoy most while traveling is learning the true culture & customs of the people, a little history, the food of local eateries, the local markets. And that is exactly where Joe took us. He is a smart guy with a wide range of knowledge of HK history, food, culture; speaks the best English - having been born & raised in Hong Kong and educated in Great Britain; and has a passion for food. I could wax praises forever. The true test result is my husband (the guy who doesn't do tours) loved it!

Visited January 2014
Thank you, CuzEyeLuz. We are very flattered by your kind words! We love going beyond the tourist attractions to show our guests what it feels like to be living in Hong Kong - the local cultures, the people as well as all the interesting stories that made Hong Kong so special. Thank you for this lovely chance to share our love for Hong Kong. Here's a personal note from your guide, Joe:

Hi CuzEyeLuz, thank you so much for your kind words. I love the review title. I hate to think of the time I spend with my guests as just "tours". It's much more like hanging out with friends and sharing everything I love about home! I am very pleased to hear that your husband enjoyed it too - it was great chatting about politics with him! Please let us know when you next visit Hong Kong and we would love to catch up! Joe.
York, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“M & M Trip 2013”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Its all been said before, about this tour! It was brilliant as far as we are concerned! If you want to know more about Hong Kong and taste food that locals eat, then this is the tour to do!!!
Mary and I enjoyed every minute, we were taken round by Joe, it was more like walking round with a friend than a guide.
If I say more it will be repeating what others have said before me.
Thank you Joe, as we said on the day it was GREAT!
M & M York

Visited October 2013
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour - Day Tours, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you, 69MMASHVALETRAVEL. We are very grateful for this opportunity to show you around Hong Kong! Every guest of Big Foot Tour is a friend that we treasure and as such, we always put ourselves in your (walking) shoes and customize a tour based on your interests. So we are really delighted to know of your wonderful comments and thank you so much for extending your warm hands of friendship too! Here's a message from your guide, Joe:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write me a review, 69MMASHVALETRAVEL. I always consider all of my guests as my friends and that definitely includes both of you too! I'm happy to know that you felt the same way too! It was fascinating hearing about all of the experiences you had running a small B&B in Cambridge, I would have loved to be there. I hope the rest of your travels were fantastic. Next time I am in the UK, I will look you up. Take it easy! Joe.
Sheffield, England
3 attraction reviews
“Best tour ever! Worth every penny”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

We did a walking food tour around Hong Kong island. Our tour guide was Joe and his knowledge was second to none. We learnt so much and saw parts of the city that we would never have found otherwise. The food was delicious and often strange at times!! Joe was very keen on adapting the tour to suit us and it felt very personalised. Would recommend this company to anyone. I have travelled all over but rarely leave a review but felt compelled to on this occasion.

Visited January 2014
SkiYeo, Owner at Big Foot Tour - Day Tours, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you, TomSheffield_England. Hong Kong has so much great food to offer and we are delighted to share them - together with all the interesting stories behind the local eateries - with you. Our food tours are private tours, where we structure it entirely our guests' preference (and dietary restrictions, if any). We hope that such personal touches will allow our guests to enjoy the food tour as well as Hong Kong to the fullest! So thank you so much for giving us this chance to show you around Hong Kong. Here's a message from your guide, Joe:

Hi TomSheffield_England, it was such a pleasure getting to meet you guys. I particularity enjoyed trying exotic food together, such as the octopus and mustard! :) It was great to see how eager both of you were about travelling and I certainly hope you enjoy Thailand too. When you next visit Hong Kong, please let me know so that we can catch up over Hong Kong milk tea (or perhaps we can have a pint together when I head over to Sheffield)! Thank you so much for taking some time to leave me a review. Joe.