“Great brunch spot!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Oolaa

Oolaa
G/F, Bridges Street, Central, Hong Kong, China (Sheung Wan)
852-28032083
Neighborhood: Sheung Wan
New York City, New York
“Great brunch spot!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Loved the brunch at Oolaa. Fantastic breakfast options as well as a full lunch menu. I had the Veal Scallopini and it was delicious. Generous portions for everything we ordered. Lovely rooms, large and bright. Good for groups and families alike.

Visited April 2013

Saffron Walden, U.K
“A delicious brunch in fab café/ restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

I went for brunch in the café part of Oolaa & it was absolutely delicious (avocado and smoked salmon on a potato rosti with a poached egg and lemon hollandaise). Thinking about it now makes me salivate! Perfect for any occasion I would imagine & can see why the friend who I visited is a regular customer!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Loango National Park, Gabon
“Good casual eatery tucked away on a quit street.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

The Oolaa is now my wife's favourite cafe/restaurant/bar over in Central it is large compared to normal Hollywood Road standards and therefore never feels that claustrophobic way that some places in Soho can be. The menu is long the food is OK with some good sharing options the wine list is not too extensive but it is not too pricey either, Oolaa has a laid back informal vibe and appears to be popular with single female customers probably as it is not as raucous as some establishments can be in that area.

Visited April 2013
Hong Kong, China
“Child friendly, great staff & food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

On several occasions I have met friends with children for breakfast & brunch, the staff are brilliant, very patient and tolerant of children. They treat the children as customers, as opposed to most places that just want them gone!

On our first visit I asked the waitress where the toilet was for my child, she gave her a hug and took her for me. While I hadn't asked expecting her to do so, I was both grateful and surprised, no one in 8 years in HK has done that for me.

The restaurant is large for HK with three distinct sections, coffee, lounge and dining.

While I have only sampled the breakfast menu, the citrus hollandaise is divine, I could eat a jug of it kind of divine. So far my favorite breakfast is the bruschetta. The breakfast pizza is huge and bland, it also took a really long time to cook. The Vegemite pizza is delicious... But I am Australian. The children loved the tiny muffins and bubbachino's. the fruit salad had lots of yummy berries and the eggs Benedict is wonderful also. If you have a sweet tooth the French toast will knock your socks off!

The only downside is the coffee, it's bitter, strong and not to my or my friends taste, we all have to put sugar in the make it palatable. The juices are all fresh and delicious.

The prices are perhaps a fraction more than usual, but the servings are large and really filling, so you don't eat for the rest of the day.

We will be back to try the breakfast burrito next week!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent food, too strong air-con with mozzies”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and two of our friends came for dinner in March 2013. We had mussels for starters, french salad with seared tuna, crab lasagne, duck fettucine and a mediterranean pizza. all excellent food. mussels cream sauce was great and tasted very well with toasted bread. peppered searted tuna was fresh and tasted well with olives in the salad. the lasagne was mouth watering, duck pasta was sort of fusion between chinese roast duck and italian pasta but goes well fabulously. Pizza was freshly grilled and in big portion.

The only down side was probably the logistics, the aircon was too cold although we had asked to be turned down since the food turned cold pretty quickly. i got bitten by mozzies twice and so did my husband. probably because the place was quite dark.... there is a line between romantically dark in restaurants and dark-til-i-cant-really-see-what-i-am-eating except for one small candle. and this is the latter.

Overall, i would want to come back again to try other dishes.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere