“Good Location / Small Rooms” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   No.38 Bowrington Road, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai)   |
Ranked #266 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
3.0 of 5 stars 174 Reviews
Los Angeles, California, Usa
“Good Location / Small Rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed there with my family in early January for 1 night. Can't comment on the service as we did not stay long enough. The rooms are very small, but that was expected, so if you are not spending any non-sleeping time there - should be ok. High floors provide pretty good view of the city especially at nigh. Location is good (MRT is about 5 min away from Times Square), although not that easy to find at the end of the back street (for some reason it was not marked on my mobile GPS map).

Room Tip: Upper floors have a good view at the city
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Coolangatta, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Terrible hotel with 4 star grading and with Best Western brand.
No doubt excellect location, but smelly all around. Super small room, with tore off damaging toilet/bathroom. No place to stand, even single guest in a room.
Mis-leading information about A11 bus stop direction, not even close to MTR station.
Regret to book this one, very regret.
Terrible, especially with Best western brand, and grade as 4 star..... definitely misleading.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Adrian, Michigan
1,320 reviews 1,320 reviews
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I chose this hotel because it kept me under my company's generic nightly budget and that is not easy in HK. At the same time, it was a place I could stay and still earn frequent stay points. Best Western is one of those chains where one never knows what one will get from property to property. The variety makes things interesting but also makes for a greater possibility to find some less than stellar 3-sigma establishments. I would not say this was in the outlier realm but it was also not exactly on my top ten either. Upon arrival, I was able to check in relatively easily but the front desk staff were relatively uninformed concerning airport transportation options. They referred me to the valet which meant I had to trek back downstairs. It turned out that there was no airport transportation. The only option was a bus which had inconvenient departure times for my flight. I ended up having to take a taxi. Once I made it to my room, I found it to be the smallest hotel room in which I have ever stayed. It was clean, however, and the internet worked. The morning breakfast was very basic but at least they offered something. The check-out was adequately fast, after which I was actually able to flag down a taxi relatively easily. In retrospect, I would recommend this place if it was clear to the patron what they were getting. The major benefits were the price and the potential for BW points.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Had a positive experience staying at this hotel. Service, breakfast and rooms were good. Room was small but didn't expect much more in such a handy location. Hong Kong accommodation is overall just not cheap. Buy your breakfast for every morning at the discounted rate when you book/check in or it costs you more to pay per day. I advise havign the breakfast as Hong Kong seems to wake up late and you might struggle to find food early in the morning, especially if you are looking for western food.

Room Tip: there are non smoking and smoking rooms/levels, as most of Asia, so specify or else you may end up o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Landshut, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed there with my boyfriend from 1.12.2011 to 6.12.2011. Was the only place available for that moment and was the most terrible place I've ever stayed! The price was to high for those conditions! Room was very small, no table, no shelf! And it was noisy in the morning.
The location of the hotel was good, not far from subway station and one of the sights Time square! There is a small market downstairs, there are few places to eat and few supermarkets.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Tiny bedroom size of 2.5 x 2.35 metres; no wardrobe just a recess with 2 coathangers; minibar(!) sized 19 x 25 x 32cm just held two tins; towels extremely thin, one had holes. Same priced Hotels nearby MUCH better. Do not consider it deserves the Best Western name.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, BC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 8 nights, and find this hotel's location quite convenient near the Time Square mall in Causeway Bay, which means it is close the Causeway Bay MTR station. Right next to the street there are some bus stops so it is quite easy to get to other places by bus. However, I find the service a bit disappointing. When I arrived late at night, the concierge staff didn't even try to help me out with our luggage. They simply just watched my boyfriend and I each rolled our own large briefcases all the way to the front desk. I don't know what they are doing because there were no other clients around and all they did was standing at their desk. I have requested for a double bed room and noted late arrival when I booked online, but when I checked it late at night due to flight, my boyfriend and I were give a 2-twin-beds room. I requested for a room change, but was told that I had to wait until my third night in order to get a double bed room. Not impressed at all when I am paying the full price for 8 nights and still not getting a double bed (especially it is a couple vacation---twin beds don't sound right). Also, when I checked in, the front desk didn't mention about complimentary breakfast, so I didn't know about it at all until after I checked out. Near the hotel there were not many restaurants, especially for breakfast (as they often open after noon), so I had a hard time finding places for breakfast except Maxim's and 7-11. The housekeeping staff is very inattentive because I always hung the "do not disturb" sign but a maid would knock on my door everyday at 9am. There were always some customers talking on their phone in the hallway at night and I could hear every single words they said in my room. The hallway is so narrow that the door can't block any noise from the hallway AT ALL. The room is very tiny with a very small bathroom, and the TV in our second room (the one with a double bed) was not functioning properly (it kept having overlapping images).

Room Tip: Make sure they give you the right room type, so maybe better off call them a few days before you arr...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Best Western Hotel Causeway Bay? Share your experiences!