“Very fun experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 107 activities in Hong Kong
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: 38+ years in Hong Kong - I take bookings up to a year in advance with NO deposit or pre - payment required. I do take last minute bookings - subject to my availability! I'm English and I am a private tour guide - I offer quality personal walking tours of Hong Kong. That's right - tours personalised to your custom specifications. If you don't want to do one of those horrible coach tours offered by the Hotel Concierges and if you are stuck for something to do in Hong Kong then contact me. My private walking tours are perfect for couples, families with kids (of any age!), cruise ship passengers, airport layover passengers, friends, solo traveller's and private groups of up to 12 people. Jamie's private walking tours - no ordinary experience
Hanford, California
“Very fun experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Insiders view of HK with the perspective of someone who has lived there most of his life. I saw and learned things I would not have otherwise. Excellent

Visited September 2013
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Hi DDSCarole,

Thanks ever so much for the very positive review, I really appreciate it and I am glad you enjoyed the tour and I really hope you found what you were looking for at the Exhibition.

Bournemouth, England
11 attraction reviews
“Memorable Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Booked a day with Jamie via TripAdvisor and his website to help us acclimatise to Hong Kong.
He was good enough to start the walking tour from our hotel and then designed the day with old, new, scenic, nature, food and real Hong Kong in mind. Something for everyone.
He added some great insight into the traditions of this great city including Chinese superstitions and beliefs - something we would not have known if we had ambled around during our stay.
The pace of our day was also unhurried - coupled with very efficient public transport - underground and ferry. Met some lovely locals too.
Would genuinely recommend to friends and family with no hesitation whatsoever.
Thank you, Jamie from the Wilson family.

Visited August 2013
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hi Guys

Wow, thanks ever so much for the lovely review

I do like family tours and I am so, so happy you enjoyed the tour, I also enjoyed your other reviews of the Peninsula, Big Buddha etc

I hope you can make it back to Hong Kong

UK
“Excellent walking tour of central Hong Kong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

When my wife told me of the cost of one of these private tours I was initially put off, but she brought me round to the idea and I must say I am very glad she did! Definitely worth the money :)

Jamie is a Brit (Yorkshireman originally) who has lived in Hong Kong most of his life and knows all the sights and people, with a sense of humour that was right up our street. He met us in the lobby of our hotel and took us on a tour of not only the major attractions (such as the Peak, Wong Tai Sin Temple, Peninsula Hotel [which we returned to on another day for afternoon tea] and the HSBC headquarters) which were within walking/short metro trip distance of the centre but also those areas and buildings that, while not 'attractions' in the tourist sense, definitely give you an idea of how different it is to the UK and what living in Hong Kong is actually *like*.

I only wish we'd had more time. As it was Jamie stayed with us a little longer than we had actually paid for to ensure that we got the correct bus for the area we were going to next, and his local knowledge regarding which attractions to avoid, which were worth visiting, and what times and days were best to visit them to avoid massive crowds and long waits, was a Godsend for our later days when we were fending for ourselves in the city. He is also a keen photographer and found some good spots for me to get some shots myself, as I am just getting into the hobby.

We already had an idea of the places we wanted to visit over our 3 day stay, but knew we wouldn't have time to get round them all. Jamie was able to help us hone our list down to the best ones, and decide where to go on which day. If you've already got an idea of the sort of tour you want, the sort of places you'd like to see, he can tailor the tour to hit up those things but he is also capable of dealing with people who (as we did) say "Er, I don't know really, we just want to get a feel for the city and see what it's like here" when asked what their aims/goals during the stay are.

Hi C4rrOT

Hi Guys

I am always very happy to get such positive feedback about my tours, thanks ever so much!! I hope you make it back here again!!

Jamie
“Hong Kong with a difference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We found J3 on TripAdvisor and exchanged a few emails with Jamie to set up an 'alternative' walking tour of Hong Kong. Jamie is a ex-pat Brit with a dry sense of humour who has lived in Hong Kong for many years now. He will tailor make your tour to suit your requirements. We asked for something a little different that the average tourist or guide book would not experience or recommend. His local knowledge was great, the tour was fascinating and his dry humour was right up our street. We felt we experienced a bit of the raw, real underbelly of Hong Kong rather than just scratching the surface. If you are looking for something interesting, personalised and quirky, then I highly recommend Jamie.

Visited March 2013
j3tourshk, Owner at J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hi Justin B

Thank you for the very positive review and your kind comments, after almost 38 years of living in Hong Kong I continue to be surprised and fascinated by this great city and I am always so happy when clients enjoy my tours.

I appreciate your comments and hope to see you both again in the future

thanks

Sacramento, California
“Excellent Day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

After finding J3 here on TripAdvisor we exchanged a few emails and than Jamie set up a day and time that would work best for us while we were in Hong Kong. This was our first time visiting and we were really looking forward to getting some history, sights, sounds and interesting tid-bits about Hong Kong before we set off on our own for the next 3 days. A guide-book is fine for the sights but I feel you really don't get to dig in and know a place including the people, politics and way of life without a local to share their experiences.
We started our day with Jamie by meeting in the lobby of our hotel and then spent a few minutes getting to know each other and what our group of 3 wanted to get out of the day. We picked up our Octopus cards and began our adventure. We spent the next 7 hours learning about HK, seeing some of the popular tourist spots and enjoying some of the more obscure sights that I doubt most visitors would get to. Having Jamie as your guide is a comfortable and fun experience. He is very witty and has a knowledge to keep you entertained while you are on your feet. I can't say enough good things about our day except that when we come back I assure you we will book another tour with J3 which hopefully says it all.

Hi Scottydawg

Wow, thank you so much for your kind comments and very positive review

I do my very best to give a detailed “snapshot introduction” of Hong Kong and I will then give comprehensive instructions on how to visit other “attractions” in your own time to round off the Hong Kong experience

I am very happy you enjoyed our time together and it was so nice to meet the 3 of you and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your Asian trip

Jamie

Been to J3 Private Tours Hong Kong? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage J3 Private Tours Hong Kong, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.

Bookmark for later