“Peak guided walk” 5 of 5 stars

London, United Kingdom
56 attraction reviews
“Peak guided walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I spent a really enjoyable 3/4 hrs walking with Stephanie, we met at the GPO and after a short walk we caught the tram up to the Peak. We stopped for a while to admire the views and I got some great photos, Stephanie took a couple of photos of me which I think are probably the best ones I have from my HK trip, she also knew all the best places to stop for photos which helped ! We then walked down through the various pathways and forest way back. The walk was a lovely contrast to the humidity and crowds of Hong Kong. Stephanie was full of information and useful tips for me on things to do, and see during my stay. She was so enthusiastic and informative it really helped add to the experience. We also spotted various wild life which I would've missed had I been on my own. If you enjoy a good walk and are in HK I'd recommend you do this.

Visited September 2012

Shanghai, China
“Great Option for a Stopover in HK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I took the Dragon Back Walk with Walk Hong Kong and really enjoyed it. I joined a small group. we met the guide in a central spot and then travelled by public transport to reach the walk start. People don't realise how many different aspects there are to HK and what great walks and nature trails are there. We had a perfect walk with fantastic views and then enjoyed a great lunch before heading back to shopping. Perfect for clearing out the cobwebs after long flights. Recommended

Visited February 2012
Toowoomba
3 attraction reviews
“Two excellent tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had an excellent time looking around the markets of Kowloon and the heritage areas of Hong Kong Island. Both guides were very knowledgable and helpful. Make sure you take your walking shoes! Thanks Jackie.

Visited August 2012
Canberra, Australia
“Dragon's Back trek a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Hiking up to the top of Dragon's Back was a most wonderful surprise for anyone who pictures Hong Kong as skyscrapers everywhere. This is a beautiful hike that slowly climbs to a peak called Dragon's Back overlooking the most beautiful bays and waterways and water storage dams around Hong Kong. Our guide Jackie was a fantastic host, historian, and general knowledge person who was welcoming and friendly. Jackie could answer any question we had, and was also very attendtive to our health and well-being in the very hot and humid conditions we had on our trek. We thoroughly recommend this experience as a must do for anyone wanting to see the 'other side' of what Hong Kong has to offer away from the hustle and bustle and shopping. Good walking shoes, good coverage from the sun, lots of sun screen, lots of water and a hat (we forgot ours!) are also a must. Thank you Jackie for one of the highlights of our trip. Jackie was recommended to us from locals (ex-pat Australians living there at present on posting) and their recommendation met every promise.

Visited September 2012
“Ready for my next walk hong kong hike!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

I had initial planned to try hiking to the desserted beach trail but was afraid of getting lost and wasnt quite sure which stage of the trail the beach would be on and how tough the hike would be. So i started researching on group hikes. I stumbled upon numerous websites but walk hong kong caught my attention when i saw how organized, detailed and professional their site looked. Decided to try the dragon back hike, invited my sister and her boyfriend to come join me as well. All i could say is... It was worth getting up early on a saturday morning! Plus our guide Martin was very friendly, energetic and wise :) what i loved about dragon back hike was that it allowed me to see a different side of Hong Kong. And it allowed me to explore shek-o and stanley at the end of the hike! Two places i would never have expected to find myself because of the distance from TST to shek-o/stanley. This is how my day went... Got to experience riding the tram, did the dragon back hike, had amazing lunch at shek-o, rented chairs and an umbrella so that we could enjoy the beach, then headed to stanley (which made me feel like i was in a little part of europe). My sister and her boyfriend thanked me for taking them along because they too enjoyed the experience and saw another side of hong kong.

Thank you Jackie and Martin for everything!