“Simply Flawless!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Lounge & Bar (The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong)

The Lounge & Bar (The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong)
102/F, The Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong, No.1 Austin Road West, Kowloon,, Hong Kong, China (West Kowloon)
852-22632270
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 4,640 Restaurants in Hong Kong
4.5 of 5 stars 39 Reviews
Cuisines: Continental, International
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: West Kowloon
Description: An ideal all-day dining venue from breakfast, lunch, and accompanied by live band performance during afternoon tea and dinner.
Singapore, Singapore
“Simply Flawless!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Our pleasant experience with the Ritz-Carlton started from the point of reservation for high tea at The Lounge & Bar. Calling just a day before we flew to Hong Kong, we were not hopeful at all in getting a table. However, Carrie Lau, the restaurant reservations agent, tried her very best and managed to get us a spot during the period we were in HK for our honeymoon.

Everything at The Lounge & Bar was flawless. The Viennoise high tea was a novel concept, the quality and service surpassed expectations. Service was very attentive but not obtrusive. Needless to say, the view from 103rd floor was awesome!

After leaving The Lounge & Bar, we decided to take a look at the other F&B outlets. Florence, the hotel GRO, patiently introduced the restaurants to us. It was a nice change to see a hotel staff dressed in a uniform that wasn't black. Florence was beautifully dressed in a beige uniform complete with pearl necklace, very elegant.

When we checked our emails at the end of the day, we were very impressed to find a response to the positive feedback we had given to Ritz-Carlton. Janina Wierczioch, The Lounge & Bar Manager, had responded within the same day! That was really impressive as she must have stayed back after operations hours to do that.

A big Thank You to the staff at Ritz-Carlton for making our visit so memorable.

Visited March 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Excellent view with Hong Kong style chicken rice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed in HK just 3 days for business and went to this Lounge & Bar at Ritz during a weekday for a late lunch after my meeting. Instead of having sandwiches which I always do in my home, I decided to have something Asian, matching with this excellent view of Hong Kong.

I was given a seat next to the window which I can enjoy a bird's eye view of this beautiful and compact city (also with much sunlight which I always enjoy!). Didn't take too long, my order of Hoinan chicken rice arrived. It was probably one of the best in town, the chicken, rice, soup and the veggies all cooked to the perfect taste that I don't think any money can buy when I am back to the states.

Think I have made the right decision to set aside my diet plan and reward myself with this beautiful scenary and yummy chinese delicacy before I return home. I would love to return again at night if I have a chance!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great View...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

To avoid dissapointment, try to make a reservation for a nice table beside the window. Food wise, not a very wide spread... ommelette station, western and asian dishes, juice counter, pastries and some salad.

Charges for 2 adults and 1 child will set you back HKD 650.

Visited December 2012
Hong Kong, null, Hong Kong
“Awesome when the weather allows a good view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

A bit windy for the ladies, but they do have umbrellas to assist with protection - pleasant in November

Visited November 2012
New York
“Best prices for food in the hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The view is great and the prices are reasonable - and it is quiet and confortable. Go for the Pad Thai or Nasi Goreng - the Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce is also good. Drinks are reaonsable at night and the vibe is laid back - just perfect to relax while waiting to eat at one of the great restaurants or just take in the view.

Visited October 2012