“Great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fofo by El Willy

Fofo by El Willy
20/F, M88, 2-8 Wellington Street, Hong Kong, China (Central)
852-29002009
Neighborhood: Central
Chicago, Illinois
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Some great tapas dishes. Beef cheeks, suckling pig, etc. Definitely recommend for sharing some great tapas with good service. Paella was also not bad!

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Very good Spanish food ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We had a lovely evening celebrating a friend's birthday.
The menu, while not extensive, does cover most favorites.
All dishes we ordered were finely executed and well presented.
The best were probably the Mousse of Salt Cod, Patata Brava and the Chorizo Tortilla.
Service was very good with quite cheerful staff.
If I had to complain, it would be about the guy who served the wine. While his suggestion went down really well (and I would have been surprised if it didn't, considering the price per bottle), I was quite disappointed that the wine was a little colder than what it should have been. And, when I spend 100 USD per bottle, I would expect that the wine be opened at my table, and I would be allowed to sample each bottle before serving it, perhaps in clean glasses too, even if it's the same type of wine. Instead, the guy kept bringing the bottles already opened and would just pour it in the same glasses, right on top of the exiting wine from the earlier bottle. For that I shall not rate this place as "excellent" and will only rate the service as average. I am sorry!
We were celebrating a birthday and didn't want to make a fuss about it. I will make a fuss if on my next visit the same happens!
Ambiance/atmosphere is just OK. Not the greatest decor. But, not bad.

• Visited August 2013
Milan, Italy
“Difficult to find but well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We really loved the food, slightly different from normal tapas. Very well presented, good selection and I thought reasonably priced for such a classy venue. The staff were very professional and seem to enjoy their jobs.

To be honest, it felt really strange eating Spanish food during a trip to HK, with all the amazing local food. But what the heck...it was super!

We promised our waiter that we would try their sister restaurant in Shanghai (El Willy) but unfortunately ran out of time!.

• Visited August 2013
Hong Kong, China
“A Delightful Dining Experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

My fantastic partner surprised me with a birthday dinner at FoFo by E Willy, and what a delight it was. Minimalist design, all white, clean, comfortable and panoramic views across Central city centre. A great selection of tapas, adequate wine selection and more than competent service combined to make a memorable dining experience. On a pleasant evening a pre dinner drink on the rooftop lounge would be a must but unfortunately, rain ruined that opportunity. Great value, good food and a very comfortable environment.

Visited August 2013
“Great Get-away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The atmosphere and food at Fofo has been exceptional on all my previous visits. Contemporary Spanish is hard to make well because each dish has the least amount of ingredients possible, so each ingredient has to be of great quality. Add that to the refined techniques used by the chef and you get an experience as close to dining in Barcelona as one can get outside of Spain. I will definitely return as often as I can.

• Visited March 2013