“Uninspiring food” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Thai Farmer Restaurant

Thai Farmer Restaurant
No. 98B Lockhart Road, Hong Kong, China (Wan Chai)
852-25206607
Neighborhood: Wan Chai
Hong Kong, China
“Uninspiring food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Compared with many other budget Thai restaurants, this one is exceptionally poor.
Food resembled some sort of thrown-together-slop, and mine came complete with added bonus of some tasty hairs on the last visit! Good times.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Hong Kong, China
“Did Not Honour my Reservation - Dishonest Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Yesterday afternoon I phoned the Thai Farmer Restaurant to reserve a table for 7 people. I provided my name, phone number and time (7:00pm dinner reservation), which were all written down and read back to me by the staff. When I arrived at the restaurant at 6:50pm, there were no spare tables available and I was advised by the Manager that she had no knowledge of my reservation. I noticed that the Manager's Assistant checked what I assume was the reservation list behind the counter and, from the look on her face and the brief conversation with the Manager (in Thai language), it was obvious to me that they had dumped my reservation and taken some walk-in Customers. They refused to accommodate any alternative plan, so I left. I was meeting 3 groups of friends for dinner, 2 of whom were visiting from abroad, so it was extremely inconvenient to have to find another restaurant and co-ordinate a new meeting place and time. I absolutely hate being lied to, so I guess I'll never know what their food is like.
Highly NOT recommended

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tel Aviv
“Great Thai rest.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Great quality worth any price although the price are very fair ones

Toronto, Canada
“Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed dinner at this restaurant..tiny and seems always busy, at least while we were there. Waited about 5mins for a table for 6. Served with crispy Thai chips when seated. Tasted the green curry, red curry, some fried noodles as well stirred fried kale with crispy pork. Good serving size. All were great! Smacked right in the middle of the red light district of Wan Chai, and is next door to a night club, it seems to be frequent by its neighbouring visitors. Price aint that cheap, but reasonable. Service charge of 10% was added to our bill: not sure if this is standard practice or because we were a group of 6 people.

Carlsbad, California
“Excellent Thai Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I'm working in Hong Kong and happen to be in a flat in Wan Chai. I read the reviews here and hot footed the two blocks to this restaurant for lunch. Absolutely delicious food. I had Tom Ka Soup and Fried Rice with Chicken and Sea Food. Both were the best I've had. Cost about $20 U.S. Tiny little place in a slightly dodgy part of town. . . safe, but lots of girl bars. Made for some interesting viewing while I ate. I'm here for a few more weeks. I'm going back. . .for the food.

• Visited July 2012