“Lok Ma Chau is a border crossing rather than a destination?” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Neighborhoods
Attraction Details
Mitcham, Australia
20 attraction reviews
“Lok Ma Chau is a border crossing rather than a destination?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I am a bit of a public transport enthusiast (affectionately known as a "gunzel" here in Australia) and decided to take a ride on the line to Lok Ma Chau.

The station is big and spacious and, like others in Hong Kong, exceptionally clean.

I only planned to take a ride there and back but needed to use the lavatory at Lok Ma Chau station. Again is was spotless.

However, trying to return to the train (going up the stairs I had come down) I noticed "entry prohibited" signs and became somewhat concerned. Luckily, there was a lift (elevator) close by and I took that up one floor to the platform where I had alighted a few minutes previously.

I accept that train "joy riders" like me may be few and far between but it seemed to me that Lok Ma Chau was intended as a border crossing station (not sure if Australians can use like Lo Wu).

I quickly returned to Sheng Shui where I quickly resumed my travels (on the 77K bus to Yuen Long) but that is another story.

Visited January 2014

Hsinchu, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
“No Big No Small (2in1).”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Hong Kong call it Lok Ma Chau, China name it Huang Gang, travel north, LMC, south bound, HG.
One Country Two System (2in1). Free and Big economies banded together. Travel document
require to travel in own country, Passage fast, less crowded. Currency inter-usable on both sides,
at some locations, Not sure? Advice to CONVERT!

Visited October 2012