“Surprisingly different” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel ICON

You added Hotel ICON to your Saves list
Hotel ICON
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Offer
Save 35% Enjoy US$226 up
Ranked #4 of 690 Hotels in Hong Kong
“Surprisingly different”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

First stay at Icon and all the little extras were surprising, club room package included extras you just don't expect from cocktails and canapés early evening, access to nibbles and refreshments all day, free mobile phone for your use to excellent service from all the hotel employees, highly recommended

Stayed August 2014
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Dear Sterlo12,

We are so glad you were so pleasantly surprised and were able to enjoy all the Club benefits, especially our afternoon tea and cocktail hour. The lounge is such a great place to unwind and relax in Hong Kong. If you plan to come back to Hong Kong, please let me know if there is anything our team can assist you with.

Do let me know if I may personally assist with any future reservation at Hotel ICON.

general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (911)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2014

I have enjoyed with my daughter the atmosphere of this hotel, its smell in the main hall, the view over the bay, its location and the quality of its staff. It is a must to go to the spa and have a swim in its large swimming pool with an amazing view. On my next trip to Asian I will make a stop at the Hotel Icon.

Room Tip: Mandatory to have a room with a view over the Hong Kong bay
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

good service,the best choice!last year,I with my friends went to Hong Kong,that a beautiful place,the people is very friendly.and we booked Hotel ICON online,we stay this hotel five days.my friends all happy wit this hotel!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear fangjieli,

This is wonderful to read. The team and I send you our thanks and our very best wishes.

Please feel free to get in touch with me personally to make your booking direct and I will take care of all the arrangements plus a few little surprises.

Montevideo, Uruguay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Just spent our first night. After a 16 hour flight, it was just wonderful checking into the ICON. The staff is very attentive and helpful. Got in to late to see the light show, but spent several pleasant in the Panorama Bar watching the boats in the harbor and city lights. Very restful stay, hotel is very quiet. Now to explore the city!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear In4itt,

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much. May this be the first of many visits.

We would love to welcome you back! Please email me directly and I will make sure you are getting the best available rate for the best available room.

Stourbridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

We booked two rooms for our family and stayed in this fantastic hotel for a two night stay in August 2014. The hotel is really easy to get to from the airport (a short 20 min ride on the Airport Express train followed by a 15 min free bus ride from Kowloon train station). They have thought of pretty much everything at this hotel - lovely clean modern rooms, beautiful common guest areas (I loved the plant covered green wall!) plenty of "free" stuff (mini bar, toiletries), free Wi-Fi, a choice of lovely restaurants (the choice and quality at breakfast was simply superb - all the pastries were freshly baked) and a super roof-top pool area. One of the favourite aspects of our stay was the free use of a "handy" smart phone - including 3G internet access which was really convenient to call up maps and guides whilst exploring Hong Kong.
The staff were very well trained - friendly, helpful and efficient.
The only downside was that there are no family suites, so we had to book two rooms - although this seems to be a common thing in Hong Kong.
Possibly the best hotel we've ever stayed in, and if we ever visit Hong Kong again, we will definitely stay here - I cannot recommend it highly enough - if you book this place, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Pay a little more and get a Harbour View - you can watch the evening light show on Victoria Harbour...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Irishrover70,

We love doing what we do and are so incredibly happy that you enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to be able to look after you again in the not too distant future.

Next time you stay, please contact me directly and I will make sure you are put in the best available room at a special discount price.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

Booked a room in this hotel for a night, club 36 habour view since breakfast and afternoon tea is including for all club members so i for sure book club rooms. All the snacks n drinks inroom are free and a free use of wifi and a phone is provided for u to take around which is really good for tourist also u can dial overseas for free. So thats why should pick a club suite.

We were very lucky that since its a special occasion which i informed them earlier they upgraded us to one of the best suite, club 80 suite which is with a great view and a complimentary champagne included.

I actually live in hong kong but this hotel gave me a feeling of a short vacation. During my stay i'd call them if i can decorate the room for the proposal, they said sure which was really good.

After proposing which of coz said yes we had an afternoon tea at the club lounge on the 28th floor. Very quiet and not crowded at all which what i liked the best. You can order anything u like and can go there anytime until 11pm. We skipped the cocktail drinks in the lounge which was from 6 to 8pm and we went for a walk in tst. I live in hong kong so its pretty easy for us, as for tourist my info for you guys it doesnt take that long to walk to the major streets in tst for shop, food etc with in 10mins. If u want local hong kong food can try the noodles shop just 2mins walk away from hotel, side of new mandarin plaza tower B. the seats are very close, the shop itself is small but its a great local shop for what we called 車仔麵 around 60hkd per person. If u want to get around like taking the ferry ride to wai chai or central can take the free shuttle bus they provide but i would just take taxi which is only like 25hkd coz i dont like to wait.

We went back to the hotel and got some roast pork (siu yolk) to eat since its so close to the hotel, right opposite. Famous for siu yolk can try it for sure, hk style can have milk tea too coz they are very famous.

One thing that i would really wanted was opening the blinds when having a shower but people outside can look in even though we were on the 22nd floor so i cant hot tub and watch the view at the same time hahahaha

In the morning we had breakfast in the market. Lots of choices so i prefer to go there than having breakfast on the 28th floor.

Overall the night was good, and when i got back home, we left something in the hotel... So called to hotel and told them we left something there and they called back to me very quickly, thats what i call good service. Went back to grab my stuff in the lobby.. guess that i just dont want to leave hahahaha

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear sibylche,

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific review.

So happy we exceeded your expectations in every possible way and that you appreciated the memorable experience of the upgrade to the suite, that's our goal.

My team and I do look forward to welcoming you both again next time, please don't hesitate to get in touch to make a booking.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Great place to stay for a stopover in HK. Easier to get to Kowloon by taxi from the airport than to get to the island. The rooms are very comfortable, spacious and have amazing views. It's worth splashing out on rooms with better views.
The room comes with a phone which is free to use throughout your stay!
However, there is no breakfast included and the restaurants are hard to access even for guests!

Room Tip: get a harbour or city view room - it's worth it!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear nisha m,

Thank you so much for giving us such candid feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, our staff really appreciate your kind comments.

We hope we see you again at the hotel soon and do let me know if I can help with future stays.

general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Been to Hotel ICON? Share your experiences!