“A beautiful modern hotel with old style charm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel ICON

You added Hotel ICON to your Saves list
Hotel ICON
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Offer
Save 35% Enjoy US$217 up
Ranked #2 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A beautiful modern hotel with old style charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is stunning! My husband and I visited for a few nights on our way into mainland china and a night on our way out and we had a great time. The location is quite central and a lot can be seen even if you're walking around the area. The staff were excellent, a porter named Jason was especially helpful. I'm not a fan of very modern hotels but this one was stunning. The decor is classy and clean. There are really great restaurants in the hotel and I noticed that tons of people came from outside to eat which speaks volumes. They also have a full spa which looked really good even though we didn't have time to go. The views were breathtaking from both the city view and the bay view. I would definitely stay there again. Oh and most importantly, the icing on the cake was the free, yes free phone that came with the room. With this phone you can call, I think it was, 25 countries including the United States and the UK for free. ICON Hotel was definitely the best choice for me.

• Stayed July 2014
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Chinwe O,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for saying such nice things about Hotel ICON, especially the one about Jason, our concierge staff. We do hope that you will return – we look forward to your next visit.

Please do let me know if I can help with future stays.

general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (882)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed at Hotel ICON for 3 nights and they were possibly the best nights I have had in a hotel. The views of the city at night are fantastic. The staff were very efficient and friendly. The free regular shuttles to Kowloon were very handy. The eating facilities in the hotel (all 3 of which I tried) were all fantastic and delicious. Will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Annabelle J,

Thank you very much indeed for your fantastic review.

So happy we exceeded your expectations in every way and look forward to welcoming you very soon, please don't hesitate to get in touch to make a booking.

Downunder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for two nights after a conference in Macau. I opted for a Club Suite 65 and was not disappointed! From the moment you arrive, you feel as if you have stepped into a fabulous scented Oasis!

We loved the dedicated check in on the 28th floor. We loved the discreet, classy and welcoming staff. We loved the little touches like comp minibar, great choice of toiletries and welcome amenities. We adored the spa. WOW! Treated ourselves to a 90 minute massage, 1 hour body scrub and facials! We were nearly late for our flight!

I will certainly be back and will be sending all of clients here. My only complaint was I found the lighting in Above and Beyond lounge too dark and the bed was too hard for my liking....

• Stayed July 2014
Dear LuxuryTraveller1974,

Thanks for your post. It was great to read that you found our little touches delightful and had a wonderful stay with us. We hope to welcome you back to stay with us in the future.

Please do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.

Bergen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

An absolutely first class hotel. It started well - they provided a relaxation room with tea, coffee for us whilst our room was prepared as we arrived early. The staff were efficient and courteous, the views and location and brilliant, and the pool is nice. The rooms were large, well appointed and had a free minibar. Breakfast and dinner were also superb.

The spa was also fantastic, I recommend going for a massage, although the price is not cheap. Honestly one of the best hotels I've visited.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bloke_over_there,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay at the Hotel ICON. I am so glad to learn that my staff was able to make your stay that much more enjoyable! We would love to welcome you back again soon.

If you are planning on coming back to visit us, email me directly and I will see if I can get you into a great room at a special price.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Hotel ICON for one night during a trip to Hong Kong. It was possibly the best experience we ever had at a hotel. From the moment we checked in and until we checked out, we had nothing but smiles our faces due to how friendly and courteous the staff were and how impressed we were with the hotel.

The hotel, itself, is stylish and trendy. It is a training hotel for a university's hospitality college so many of the interns or employees are actually students learning their ropes in the hotel business. As a result, we thought the service was even more exceptional and outstanding.

We booked a suite so we checked in at the club floor (I cannot remember which floor). We were taken to our room and was amazed by the view of the harbor and Hong Kong Island.

Room:
Fantastic. Large. Spacious. Clean! They literally thought of everything. The rooms even come with a free minibar. I had to call the desk to confirm it because I had not seen anything like that before. The room even came with a free mobile smartphone to use in the city.

The gym was on the smaller side; however, it was a beautiful view to see the harbor while running the treadmill. The pool was a bit smallish too, but again, it had a great view. Free wifi in the hotel.

Restaurants:
We dined at Above and Beyond, which is a Chinese restaurant on one of the higher floors. The food and service was fantastic. We also had breakfast, which was free, at the Market. We were blown away by the food lineup. Everything you can think of from Western food to traditional Chinese. The fruit and juices were fresh. Even the pastry and dessert section was exquisite.

Service:
I couldn't believe how friendly and courteous EVERY staff member was. It truly made for a memorable stay.

Location:
Right in the heart of Tsim Tsa Tsui. Close to the famous shopping centers in Tsim Tsa Tsui, and the hotel provides a free shuttle that takes you to the Peninsula hotel and the shopping center by Harbour City. The hotel is also a quick subway ride to Mongkok and other spots in Kowloon and is a short cab ride to the ferry station if you need to get to the island side.

Overall:
I had high expectations going in because of reviews. However, those expectations were exceeded. I will definitely stay here again if I could.

Room Tip: Book early if you want to make a reservation for the Market buffet for lunch and dinner. I was told...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear zizouzidane,

We love doing what we do and are so incredibly happy that you all enjoyed your time with us.

We hope to be able to look after you and your wife again in the not too distant future.

Please contact me directly and I will make sure you and your family get a great room at a special rate.

Monza, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

What to say, my second time and I preferred to enjoy the gym and the pool instead of having a walk along the river... Top decision: great view, outdoor swimming pool and technogym machines.
The concierge service is very good, ask for James chow , he knows the best choice in case of doubts!

Stayed July 2014
Dear ilaria f,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your most recent stay with us. All of the team here at Hotel ICON take great pride in delivering the service that we are famous for, it is just so encouraging to hear such positive comments. Jason Chow at concierge in particular was thrilled you remembered him.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon for another memorable stay. Feel free to email me directly for any future booking.

Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Fabulous hotel with very friendly and helpful staff! Happy to recommend to all. Beautiful hotel, comfy beds and club lounge is a must with outstanding views :-) would Defiantly return If I ever go to Hong Kong again! Good location right near the harbour

Stayed February 2014
Dear queenstown02,

Thanks for your fantastic feedback regarding your experience at ICON.

When you book your next stay with us please drop us an email and we will take care of your booking.

general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Been to Hotel ICON? Share your experiences!