“Truly Amazing Staycation!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel ICON

You added Hotel ICON to your Saves list
Hotel ICON
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Offer
35% OFF+Free 3G data WiFi
Ranked #4 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Hong Kong, China
“Truly Amazing Staycation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Booked into the Hotel Icon with a few of my Hong Kong girlies for a fabulous Staycation and what can I say but that it was truly AMAZING! We booked club level as even though it was more expensive it had a lot more included. The rooms were fabulous with bottles of wine included in the price and fancy nespresso machines. We all had a facial and a massage each which were out of this world! Afternoon tea was lovely, buffet dinner was incredible for a buffet and had an extensive Seafood selection. The pool is to die for, with some stunning views. We were treated amazingly by the staff and the whole stay was really such as treat!!!!!

Room Tip: Go club level, it's well worth the extra money!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear TravelQueenXOXO,

We love doing what we do and are so incredibly happy that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to be able to look after you again in the not too distant future.

Please let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.

general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (986)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

Hotel Icon is just the place to be when you want to be cared for. From the minute you pull into the drive you are looked after. Staff are ALL on the same wavelength. They all remember your name and nothing, absolutely nothing is too much trouble. Pay the extra for the Above & Beyond Club 38 extras. It is worth the extra to be able to enjoy afternoon tea, or the cocktail hour in pleasant surroundings with some little luxuries and a magnificient view of the harbour. Complimentary drinks and nibbles is the perfect way to transition from your business/holiday activities of the day into the wonders of Hong Kong at night. Special commendation to Ms Keven Ng. She is a delight. She remembers your drink of choice and makes you feel special on arrival. All the staff are lovely but Keven stands out in amongst the best. If she chose to leave hospitality she would be a great diplomat. Some difficulties with our booking on day two were handled very well. Meals at the Market, The Green Room and the Above and Beyond restaurant were all sensational. A great range of options that would suit any tast.

Our booking problem was resolved but only after I was able to show a confirmation email. Thank goodness for the Tablet that I took with me otherwise I think I might have been writing a different review. So, handy hint to all travellers, take a copy of booking either electronically or in paper form for any payments that show special inclusions.

Room Tip: Pay for the above and beyond membership. The amenities and service are worth it. It is not the sam...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ClockmakersWife,

Thank you for your wonderful review and for saying such nice things about Keven during your stay, we do hope that you will return – we look forward to your next visit.

Pease don't hesitate to get in touch to make a booking next time.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This hotel is AWESOME! We paid extra for a club room and it was worth it!!! This is the best hotel I have stayed in, real luxury! The top floor exclusive club lounge is really nice with amazing views of the city, we arrived for evening drinks and got bought Moet and snacks as we sat down and then got served on-going/unlimited champagne and cocktails and snacks for 2 hours! Can also go up for a free afternoon tea with an amazing selection of cakes etc. And a free breakfast which is amazing too! The rooms were really nice with all the added extras and the mini bar is FREE! The pool is also really nice with great views. The staff at the hotel are amazing. Couldn't recommend this hotel more highly!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear kate8884,

Thanks for reviewing ICON.

Much appreciated, do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.

With best wishes,
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights after a week in Boracay for our honeymoon. We originally were pre-booked into another hotel, but let's just say it was far from what we expected!
My parents had recently stayed at ICON and had such a wonderful time they suggested we go. Luckily the manager was extremely understanding and helpful, organising straight away for us to book in there (even though it was 11pm at night!). We were met in the lobby by Gary, the lovely Senior Duty Manager and very friendly team, who led us to our suite.
Wow...what can we say?? Absolutely stunning. We felt like VIP's and couldn't believe the extent of their hospitality. Hotel check in was done in the comfort of our room and nothing was too much trouble.
After the amazing breakfast the next day at Above & Beyond - aptly named to describe their service - literally nothing was too much trouble. It was also my birthday there and the staff were so friendly, even the amazing gestures - it really did make it a special experience.
We actually changed a dinner reservation at another restaurant just to experience their food at Above & Beyond at night. The food was amazing, peking duck the highlight, which was served by Bill, the incredibly professional and friendly Assistant Restaurant Manager.
A special thank you to Keven, Assistant Executive at the Club Lounge, who was fantastic - she really made our time their special, they are very lucky to have such an amazing executive who is so personable and professional.
We could go on and go, but all we know is that we'll be making a trip back there again.
Thank you Richard and the team for making our stay so so special, the 3 days there were such a highlight of our honeymoon - we look forward to our return!

Room Tip: The higher floors had the best views of the city and were nice and quiet - we slept like babies! You...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear ClaraandDave2014,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your most recent stay with us. All of the team here at Hotel ICON take great pride in delivering the service that we are famous for, it is just so encouraging to hear such positive comments. Gary and Keven in particular were thrilled you remembered them.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon for another memorable stay.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I booked my room for a 6 night business stay in the city via their website. Everything perfectly organized from offer for room upgrade to limousine service from the airport and information in general. Extremely polite and friendly staff all over the hotel from arrival till departure. Beautiful view from the 26th floor (Above & Beyond: amenities like free minibar, Nespresso machine, smartphone for free local and international calls and 3G access all over the city) with harbor view. I used Above & Beyond club level/lounge also for breakfast and had an incredible view over the harbor and the city every morning as well. The hotel offers a free bus transfer to shopping area but the pier/Peninsula is only a 15 minute walk away. All in all a great experience. Owned by the PolyU this hotel is also a training hotel for their hotel students (I was told up to 10% of the staff). Great idea in my eyes! Anytime again!

Room Tip: Above & Beyond / Club Level
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear olach,

Thanks for your exceptional review regarding the stay at Hotel ICON and I am glad to know that you liked ICON. Our staff has always been the greatest asset and it’s good to see that you have enjoyed our ICON Hospitality.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.

Kind regards,
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

Made my choice based on the reviews on Trip Advisor & also because I wanted to venture beyond my familiar ground of Hong Kong Island. First impression when I checked in wasnt that great as the room was not ready & still being cleaned up. I was asked to wait 15 minutes , which was ok, but in the other hotels I have stayed in, they will offer you a complimentary drink in the hotel lobby.
I went over to the concierge for assistance as I had left my charger for my smart phone and asked if I could borrow a charger. The answer was that there was no spare charger, but I was welcome to leave my phone with the concierge for charging. That was fine ; however , when I had gone over to talk to the concierge, the staff were adopting a rather casual attituede like they were just chatting amongst themselves.But overall , the concierge service was competent & over the course of my stay they assisted me with my requests for help. They were also able to converse and understand Mandarin which I communicate with them in proficiently . I did get the impression though that
the welcome was not as warm as other hotels which I have stayed in.

The hotel room which I stayed in,(city 360, I believe) was spacious, clean with wry nice bathroom facilities. Contrary to a report which I had read on Trip advisor, the minibar was replenished daily.The coffee machine was handy for cups of coffee & the work desk is spacious, ideal when you have to work in your room. The gym which I used daily during my stay was also quite well-equipped. I was a bit disappointed by the limited array of offerings at the bar adjacent to the gym; I was hoping for a smoothie but the menu was extremely limited.
Despite trying to make time, I was unable to find time for a spa treatment or to avail myself of any of the restaurants at the hotel , as I had made appointments with my friends.
Despite some people commenting that this hotel is a bit out of the way,there is a complimentary shuttle bus which takes hotel guests to the MTR station. Every 20 minutes , so I did not find this such a setback.

What was really fantastic is the handy phone which the hotel gives each guest to use during their stay.Guests can use the internet and make local calls free on this phone & to various countries free too. I found this very useful as I used it to make local calls.Wifi is also complimentary in rooms.
So overall, while there are a few issues to iron out, my stay was overall satisfactory & I would consider to return.

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear LGuo,

I am glad to read that all in all you had an satisfactory stay and your particular praise about the newly launch "Handy Phone" is gratefully received.

I have taken careful note of some of the details of your stay and reassure you that they will be addressed.

We hope to see you again at the hotel soon and do let me know if I can help with future stays.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

This is a good hotel in a very convenient location with lots of friendly staff . My only criticism is the food in the hotel was a bit average and I did not think that the hotel is value for money. The Chinese restaurant upstairs was the same as any other restaurant in HK but priced at a ridiculous level . We were very pleased with the room but to honest I have stayed at 5 star hotels that gave you a better quality of room , better service and better food at the same price .. SO I think that the hotel is good but they are priced at the wrong price point . There seems to be a changing of the guard in HK these days and many of the 5 star hotels don't represent value for money . Having said that , hotels like the Langham and the InterContinental are truly 5 star and value for money . I hope this helps.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Kevin C,

Thanks for your review regarding the stay at Hotel ICON. I am pleased that you found our location great and our team very friendly.

I have also taken careful note of some of the details of your stay and reassure you that they will be addressed.

We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again in the near future.

general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Been to Hotel ICON? Share your experiences!