“Staff are excellent” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel ICON

You added Hotel ICON to your Saves list
Hotel ICON
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Offer
Save 35% Enjoy US$217 up
Ranked #3 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Vienna, Austria
“Staff are excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was in Hong Kong for a conference but extended my stay so that my wife could join me for a sightseeing trip.

The hotel is a little bit away from Nathan Road (15 minutes walk). However, the hotel shuttle bus (every 20 mins) takes you to Harbour City which is next to the MTR, Star Ferries and ferries to Macau. Couldn't be easier.

One of the best hotel breakfast buffets anywhere! Like many places in HK, the air conditioning is on the cold side - wear a jacket or jumper.

Rooftop restaurant was very good and at the very least have a drink in the bar there - fantastic view of Hong Kong island.

Room was very comfortable and modern. Fine for working in if you are on business.

My wife recommends the heated outdoor pool (even in January) and gym.

Room Tip: Harbour view is wonderful but more expensive. Unless you plan to spend a lot of time in your room, t...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Chris8591,
I was delighted to read your kind words about our hotel. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and you took the time to write a review and share your experience. Your willingness to offer feedback is greatly appreciated.
Should you be returning to Hong Kong with friends, family or any reason we hope you think of us at Hotel ICON. Please email me directly and I will make sure you and your family get a great room at a special rate.
We hope to welcome you again soon.
general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (882)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

First time in Hong Kong and travelled with family.

We were very fortunate that our basic rooms were upgraded to a Club Suite 65 and a Club 36 Harbour. Both rooms were of a decent size and very clean. The views of the Harbour was spectacular.

The location wasn't an issue at all. It is 5 mins walk to the Hong Kong History Museum (a must do for tourists) and some small eateries. Because we explored different areas of HK and Kowloon each day - Disneyland, Causeway Bay, Mongkok etc. we preferred to use the cab instead of the subway. The complimentary shuttle is more than adequate on the 'rare' occasions we didn't want to use a cab.

Special thanks to Suki who greeted us when we arrived and made sure everything was to our liking - but most of all for booking the Joey Yung show. It turned out to be the highlight of my trip. Suki, I really can't thank you enough for everything - Hotel Icon is so lucky to have you.

Also a shout out to Thomas Suen the concierge - thanks for booking Tin Lung Heen and being very patient with my myriad of questions.

In Summary, if you want a 5 star hotel with great value and top notch service then look no further. We visited a few of the other brand hotels and we don't know why anyone would pay $100+/night more to stay at those places.

Room Tip: Get breakfast included. Its worth it.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear clackers2000,
Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback following your most recent stay with us. All of the team here at Hotel ICON take great pride in delivering the service that we are famous for, it is just so encouraging to hear such positive comments. Suki at GR & Club Floor in particular was thrilled you remembered her.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon for another memorable stay. Do keep in touch and let me know if you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Stayed all around the world and this was one of my favourite hotels. It's modern boutique furnishings, it's amazing restaurants and great service I actually didn't leave the hotel for 2 nights and no I'm not ashamed of it. We stayed in the Club Suite 80 which was impeccable as well as the free drinks and canapés at night. I will be returning hopefully very soon! 5 stars...

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Phantomozzie,
Thank you so much for your kind and generous review.
I send you the regards of the entire team. We wish you safe travels and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me to make a booking next time.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed here in Sep 2013 in one of their club 36 city rooms Awesome stay with impeccable service. Worth getting one of the club rooms as you then have access to the club level 'above and beyond' floor also (where you also get quick checkin/out, cocktail and breakfast).

Room was lovely. Free bar (woohoo), and great bathroom.

View is to die - city side and habour view both.

I will be going back!

Room Tip: Opt for a club room or up if possible (gets you access to club floor and are higher floors). The dif...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear amali_d,
The team and I are so glad that you enjoyed your visit. Your wonderful review means a lot to us all and we send you our good wishes.
Feel free to email directly for any future booking.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This hotel features great design and is beautifully appointed. The beds are super comfy and the rooms are thoughtfully lit with at least half a dozen ways to luminate the room. The bathrooms feature stunning eye-shaped showers and magnificently deep bathtubs. There is a free mini bar (although there aren't that many nibble options it - mostly m and ms), beuatiful teas and luxurious toiletries. The views are wonderful, and even more special from the pool on the 9th floor.
A highlight for the boys was being offered a free dessert buffet after we dined at the market restaurant within the hotel. I had a fish curry which was delicious.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear L B,
Thanks for reviewing ICON.
Much appreciated, do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.
With best wishes,
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Was very much looking forward to staying at Hotel Icon given the 5 star overall tripadvisor rating - not an easy feat to obtain.

We booked a icon 38 harbour room (level 21) and overall I was impressed with the fit-out - huge bed facing a TST promenade view, all the amenities you could ask for (even a printer), free mini bar. I was a little let down by the view though - as the hotel is located in TST east, the main section of the promenade (with most of the pretty lights) is only viewed on the far side of the window. This means the view from the bed was good, but not amazing.

The hotel is huge, which means that service is a little impersonal, but in the circumstances they do a great job. I always got multiple greetings whenever I walked in, and the guys working the front door were very friendly and happy to answer any questions I had.

The breakfast is AMAZING, best I have ever had at a hotel. All types of coffee are included in the buffet too, including barista-made latte's and cappuccino's. I was starting to get sick of American-style peculated coffee and having to pay more for the good stuff. The pastries were to die-for.

Two negatives:
(a) the lifts are really, really slow. With the capacity of this hotel and the amount of floors, they should have installed a few more.
(b) the open-plan toilet. Nobody wants to hear somebody else going to the toilet, yet all that separates the toilet from the main room is a very thin push-door.

Location is fantastic - about a 10 minute walk from the main section of TST. It was nice that the hotel was located in a bit of a quieter (but not far away) area as the streets of TST are jam-packed with people.

Would recommend people stay here - TST was far superior to Hong Kong Island, I'm glad I decided to stay in Kowloon.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful impression of your stay at ICON.
I have also taken careful note of some of the details of your stay and reassure you that they will be addressed.
The team and I thank you so much for your compliments and we send our best wishes.
Do contact me next time if you visit Hong Kong.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had booked a Club Room at the hotel, that was upgraded to a suite when I arrived and then began my journey into awesomeness. The Club Suite was not just another hotel suite, it was an experience. With wall to wall glass on all sides of the room, I had a panoramic view of the Harbour. Most of my time at Icon was spent marveling at the views of the harbour. Every time I dragged myself out of the suite to see the other sights of Hong Kong, I longed to return to the suite.
Everything about the suite was perfect, the bed, the pillows, the huge bathtub, the vanity area, the free very well-stocked minibar, the access to the lounge, the Bose iPod speaker, the Angsana toiletries, Internet TV, the shuttle bus, the smiling staff, a special mention for the Concierge staff, the Club check in staff and the Room Service.
Will definitely return for the Club Suite.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear charlierao,
We love doing what we do and are so incredibly happy that you enjoyed your time with us.
We hope to be able to look after you again in the not too distant future. Feel free to contact me directly for any future booking.
general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Been to Hotel ICON? Share your experiences!