“great hotel with nice, professional staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel ICON

You added Hotel ICON to your Saves list
Hotel ICON
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Offer
35% OFF+Free 3G data WiFi
Ranked #4 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Seattle, Washington
“great hotel with nice, professional staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

i stayed in this hotel with a friend in february 2013. we thought it was great. sure, it's not the most centrally located hotel, but it was still pretty easy to get there. and, once you are there, there are shuttles and it's within walking distance to nathan road. the room was spacious with a fantastic bathroom. the wifi and the free minibar were definitely nice touches. we never ate in the hotel so can't comment on the food.

while i was in hong kong, i fell and broke my arm. the hotel staff were incredibly kind in helping us find a nearby hospital to go to. in fact, they didn't recommend the closest hospital, but rather recommended a hospital a bit farther away that they thought was better.

i wouldn't hesitate to stay in this hotel again. i thought it was great, good value (for hong kong) and really nice and professional staff.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear lisach,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel ICON.
We were thrilled to welcome you as our guest. It was such a pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our team during your stay here in February this year.
We continuously strive to create a truly memorable experience for you, our guest. Your kind words let us know we are succeeding, so from all of us thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with the travelling community.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future, please feel free to contact me directly and I'm happy to assist with accommodation requirements.
general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (986)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Having just arrived from the Hyatt regency in Sha Tin, the staff at the Icon were fantastic to begin with. My wife checked in whilst I was at a pub watching the rugby. When I arrived to greet my wife at the lobby, all staff were so fantastically pleasant it really just made my afternoon. That's not where the surprises needed either.
The hotel is beautifully designed. Being an architect, i can appreciate the feel of a great quality hotel and this was definitely one of them. The frameless view at the end of the corridor when approaching your room was a sneak preview of what was to come. Although the room is smallish, the layout and setup is superb. The bed is positioned with full view of this spectacular harbour which glistens with neon lights in the night, and settles amongst mountainsides in the day. Wow. The tv is positioned perfectly for a layback with a number of channels from around the world (including the afl!). The bathroom is beautifully designed with a great looking sink bowl and sharp fittings. The bath has a flat glass panel tv for relaxing with a glass of wine and some sport. Lets not forget the free mini bar either!
This place is a must for anyone looking for a fresh vibe in the city. Its cool, beautiful and plush. Definitely will be back in our travels sometime.

Room Tip: You cannot go past a harbour view room. Worth the treat!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Fernando B,
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay at Hotel ICON and how highly you valued our product and service. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team and I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.
Kind regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Nice modern and design atmosphere and ambience, people always smiling and friendly. The hotel is in a very good position for Kowloon visiting and shopping. Perhaps the restaurant's menu is not very rich but anyway good. Fitness room and swimming pool wanderful! I recommend it ! Andrea

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cunelot,
Thank you so much for giving us a lovely feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your stay. I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay, our staff really appreciate your kind comments.
We hope we see you again at the hotel soon and do let me know if I can help with future stays.
Lausanne, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I spent 2 nights in june and i absolutely loved it. i had a room with a harbour view. you just cant get enough! very clean with modern furniture. the bed was awesome, the bathroom very modern with great products. room service was excellent, fast check in and check out, people always smilling and willing to help you. i have chosen it because of the ranking in Trip advisor and i was very happy with my choice. highly reccomend it!

Room Tip: choose a room with a harbour view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ifigenia D,
Thanks for your fantastic feedback regarding your experience at ICON.
When you book your next stay with us please drop us an email and we will take care of your booking.
With warm regards,
Guangzhou
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Icon in February this year when our family from the USA came to visit and we had a very enjoyable stay in our two rooms - we definitely planned to return when our family from England came to visit this summer. This is where disappointment really kicks in...

We contacted the hotel last week to book two rooms - each for 2 adults and 1 child (1 child age 3 in our room and 1 child age 14 in the other room). We wanted the same rooms as last time as they were spacious and the views over the harbour were beautiful at night. Unfortunately, we were told that because of the (ridiculous) child policy at the hotel, whilst one of us could book the room we wanted, my other family with the older child could only book a very expensive suite! Crazy! I have stayed at the MO, Shangri-la and Langham in HK with visiting family and have never been forced to book a suite with extortionate extra person charges before. The reservations person who contacted me last week was very enthusiastic in letting me know that the suite came with club lounge benefits - wonderful; half of our family group could eat and drink WITHOUT the other half for our family reunion. I emailed the reservations department back and informed Daisy that I was disappointed the hotel could not accommodate my booking and the one line reply was - sorry you are disappointed, have a nice day. Wow. So I guess we will return to the Shang or maybe try out the Conrad this time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My fourth hotel and fourth city in less than a week, so there was a risk of Hotel- lag when I arrived; but I was impressed by the friendly check-in, even in this era of professional hospitality management. The room was very comfortable; an automatic upgrade without asking, free I-Fi, free mini- bar, spectacular Harbour views if we averted our eyes from the industrial area just before the water edge. We dined n the Chinese restaurant on the 28th floor. Certainly a quality place, with great service. Expensive. Not exactly my bet Chinese meal ( I've been living in China for 3 years s have been spoilt), but a restful experience. Booked a day -trip at very short notice which showed good flexibility. In short, a good place for a comfortable stay. Worth the expense.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kevin O,
Thank you for choosing Hotel ICON for your visit. Your kind words regarding our team, and everything during your stay lets us know that this ethos has led us to meet your high expectations.
Let me know personally if I can assist with your travel arrangements next time.
We very much look forward to your next visit.
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I was part of a group of ten attending the annual partners meeting for our network. It was partly business and largely social. Needed a place to relax, let some refreshing stay help us discover new ideas and bring about change. Icon, provided the perfect background, with a comfortable stay, excellent hospitality and more importantly, their concern and equal treatment to each member of our large business leader group was truly a learning and cherishing experience. Each member of the staff was great and the Angsana just adds to the surprise it created for us.

Earlier stays of mine in hotels of Hong Kong for business proved extremely cold, but this one is good for business, eating in TSS and also business on the Wan Chai. Truly stand testimony to its name, an ICON in HK.

Room Tip: If you are staying for more than day, enjoy both the views, City and the Bay. Also, the wifi and the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear srarun,
We are humbled by your compliments and are truly delighted that you enjoyed ICON in your own special way. We will never sit still and will constantly strive to improve what we do.
Please let me know personally if you are coming back and I’m happy to assist with your booking.
With best personal regards,
general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Been to Hotel ICON? Share your experiences!