“Club Rooms Are Worth It” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel ICON

Save Saved
You added Hotel ICON to your Saves list
Hotel ICON
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Rate
"BOOKDIRECT" upto 35% OFF
Ranked #2 of 645 hotels in Hong Kong
“Club Rooms Are Worth It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at hotel icon for 6 nights for our honeymoon. As it was our honeymoon we paid the extra for the club room. It was worth it. Breakfast up at Above and Beyond was great with a lovely selection on the menu and some yummy fruits, breads, pastries etc available in a buffet style. The free afternoon tea and nibbles (3pm-5pm) and cocktails and snacks (6pm-8pm) were great options if we didn't feel like heading out. The gym and pool facilities are great. The free minibar was really convenient as it had water, beers, pre-mixed vodka, red bull, soft drink, chocolate, muesli bars and Pringles. It was a great touch. What was also wonderful was the free late check out an the great space they have on level 9 with tea/coffee/water, newspapers, magazines and a tv for u to amuse yourself between check out and leaving to go to the airport. Overall we loved it!! I would recommend to anyone :)

• Stayed June 2013
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Donna0386,
Thank you very much indeed for your terrific review.
So happy we exceeded your honeymoon expectations in every possible way. I am pleased you enjoyed the whole experience and how highly you valued the Club and Timeless lounge during your stay.
My team and I do look forward to welcoming you both again next time, please don't hesitate to get in touch to make a booking.
Kind regards,

2,316 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (767)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Ballina, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

From the minute you arrive, the Hotel Icon staff make you feel welcome. Such a lovely atmosphere, clean and modern, I loved staying there. I splurged on a harbourview room and it was worth every cent. The food was top class and the service was exemplarary. The concierge staff were so very helpful and the shuttle bus was great, leaving and picking up every half hour. I want to visit Hong Kong again just to go back to this Hotel. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: My harbourview room had a floor to ceiling window to show off the view to the best advantage.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Sandra H,
Thanks for reviewing ICON.
Much appreciated, do keep in touch and let me know when you need any help with a room in Hong Kong.
With best wishes,
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

My new favourite hotel on earth - every detail is well thought through - if you are considering it, go for a Club room - the rooms have printers, everything you need in a room, there's an amazing bar with panoramic views of HK and free drinks between 6-8pm every night, complimentary cream tea in the afternoon and breakfast looking out over the harbour. Winnie the concierge is charming and efficient and the in room check-in took the sting out of a long journey. The front desk is great - take a cab and they give you a ticket with the cab driver's number on it. I'm back in HK in a couple of weeks and wouldn't consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: if you can, go a Club Room - I think lower numbers are closer to the harbour end of the building so...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear MrMazzer,
We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences with others. It is so encouraging to our team to hear such positive comments like yours.
I was really pleased that you found Winnie and the team there to be charming and will certainly pass this on to them.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon for another memorable stay.
Do feel free to email me directly if I can assist with any travel arrangements.
Lewes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The Hotel Icon really is a hotel unlike any other. This review is way overdue as I have stayed at the hotel a number of times since it first opened and have been exceptionally impressed from day one. I can honestly say that the Hotel Icon just continues to get better and better and I cannot recommend it highly enough to other travellers. I have just made another booking to stay for two weeks in July and although I am travelling for work, I am really looking forward to my return which speaks volumes! Due to my work I stay in many international hotels, but I can honestly say without any doubt that the Hotel Icon is the best hotel I have ever stayed in and definitely my favourite.

Why is it the best? Well, the outstanding facilities and exceptional service offered by the hotel are probably enough on their own. It is also a very cool and really stylish place. However, there is something that really makes it stand out from the Hong Kong hotel crowd, and that is the staff. The Hotel Icon staff are an exceptional team of people dedicated to making your stay at the Icon an unforgettable experience, and it feels as if the over-riding philosophy of the hotel staff is to make you feel like you are the most important guest in the world. In my experience, nothing is too much trouble for them and they constantly aim to go the extra mile and demonstrate a very positive ‘can do’ attitude with every guest, always taking the time and trouble to do things to improve their stay, regardless of how minor or unimportant they appear to be. The little details are remembered i.e. if you like to use a particular teabag or Nespresso capsule in your room and leave a note to ask for a few extra, the housekeeping staff at the hotel ensure that you are left with extra supplies for the rest of your stay. You don’t have to ask twice! Staff don’t just say hello, they take the time to talk to you and make you feel valued. I have never ceased to be amazed by the friendly and caring nature of all the staff at the hotel, regardless of their position, and both touched and amazed at how much the staff care. For example, on returning to the hotel in the evening after a very long day out at work, the staff in Green would see me coming and I would be asked if I would like my normal pot of tea and Perrier water without even having to ask for a table or a menu!

I eat in Green very regularly when I stay in the Icon as the food is very fresh, tasty and excellent value, and I am always looked after exceptionally well. Keren and Teddy in Green are worthy of a special mention here as their care and attention in Green during my last stay in March 2013 was fantastic. Eating in restaurants when you are on your own is never an easy thing to do, but they always took the time to come and chat to me about my day and about things going on in Hong Kong and I felt more like a friend than a lonely and self-conscious business traveller sitting on her own. If ever I asked a question they would take the time to explain things to me, or find out the answer if I didn’t know. I now know all the best places to buy waving cats to take home as gifts! They were also very willing to recommend different dishes from the menu but equally happy to talk to the chef and have dishes made especially for me if I felt like something which was not on the menu. As a vegetarian, this was just perfect and very much appreciated. I had breakfast every day at The Market, which is also another great place to eat; the staff greet you every morning with the most welcoming smile and the breakfast offered is of the very highest quality with more food choices that you could ever imagine. A great start to the day!

The guest rooms are amazing and a great retreat after work. They are beautifully stylish with no expense spared and the comfort for the guests given the highest consideration. I particularly like the Japanese style deep bath and the rain shower, and the bed is even more comfortable than my bed at home with truly beautiful quality sheets and assortment of pillows! The attention to detail in the rooms is second to none and absolutely everything has been thought of; the free mini-bar and welcome fruit are especially lovely touches. The room also provides a great working space for business travellers.

We were a liittle concerned about the location the first time we stayed at the hotel, as I was used to staying in TST. However, the location proved to be absolutely perfect for us as the air-conditioned shuttle bus (with free wifi!!) runs a 20 min service to the MTR at TST and Star Ferry which is so convenient for guests who need to use the transport systems to get around Hong Kong.

The pool, gym and spa are first class and there was something rather special about swimming in the pool whilst looking over Victoria Harbour towards the Hong Kong Island skyline! Other great facilities and the Timeless lounge which provides a really comfortable and relaxing environment with complimentary drinks and papers and somewhere to shower whilst waiting for flights. There are some individual quirky things that are also worth a small mention. The living wall is a stunning, beautiful and unique vertical display of plants which goes up several floors and is visually stunning. I adore the hotel signature scent which welcomes you as you enter the hotel (it reminds me of the original Body Shop ‘Dewberry’ fragrance), and wish that I could buy some as room scent to take home! I also love the art by Hong Kong Polytechnic University students which is displayed on each floor. I have a photo of the painting of the scene from the Peak (in Above and Beyond) as a screen saver on my phone but would love to buy it as a print. New marketing opportunities for the hotel maybe?!!

In summary, the Hotel Icon is an exceptional hotel in every respect and deserves every single compliment and award that it has received since its launch. In my opinion, it truly is a hotel beyond compare and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Room Tip: The harbour view rooms are really lovely. All rooms have a lovely comfortable chair and sitting watc...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Joanna B,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Hotel ICON. We were thrilled to welcome you as our guest. It was such a pleasure to read that you were so impressed with our team during your time in Hong Kong.
Your kind words about our staff (especially Keven and Teddy), our services and facilities are really encouraging. We continuously strive to create a truly memorable experience for you, our guest.
It was truly our pleasure to have you here and we hope to welcome you back in the near future. Do feel free to email me directly if I can assist with any travel.
Kind regards,
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Great location - walking distance to the Star Ferry (easy walk) - interesting walks around the neighbour hood. Rooms are not huge (we stayed in a club room - harbour view - slightly bigger, but its still a bit small. But the rooms are interesting, very clean, very cool - and very comfortable. LOVE the t.v. above the bath! Actually used it after a long day of travel. LOVE the living wall - it is worth staying at this hotel if you like this sort of thing. Pool was great - the views are best overlooking one side only - but its still a very nice thing to sit out in the HK humidity. THe Hotel is very very airconditioned. Great, non intrusive service everywhere in the hotel. Its a big hotel, but you get personal service. Had the best manicure/pedicure almost of my life at the spa (really).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear ParisAugust2008,
Thank you sharing your experiences with us following your recent stay, I appreciate that these things take time and wanted to offer my thanks.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you like our Angsana Spa facilities, I do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Auckland Central, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hotel icon is the best hotel we both have been in! Me and my partner loved the fact they have got a waiting lounge( espresso machine, soft drinks and apples included)so if you have a really late flight or you get there early morning, you can hang around there and watch tv, go to the gym or have a swim. The changing rooms are amazing, everything you need to have a shower afterwards.
The view from the swimming pool was unreal and even from the basic category room wasn't bad.
We had a bottle of really good red wine for our honeymoon .Mini bar and wifi FOC.
The bed was so huge, i thought I lost my partner during the night lol . The room is modern and well furnished. The bathroom has one of those rain shower and a tub on the side. They have a free shuttle which goes from the hotel to the ocean park mall every 15 minutes and there is a shuttle from the train station which goes directly to the major hotels.
Breakfast...OMG, best one I have ever had, there is everything you can possibly imagine,you name it, they'll have it! The quality is supreme and the name of the breakfast room is "the market" and it looked like it, croissant tasted better than Paris one, just came out from the oven ... Me and my partner didn't really leave much the hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Lara22488,
Thank you very much indeed for your terrific review.
So happy we exceeded your honeymoon expectations in every possible way and that you appreciated the memorable experience of the speical amenities, that's our goal.
My team and I do and look forward to meeting you both again next time, please don't hesitate to get in touch to make a booking.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I normally stay at the Langham in Honkers but decided to give this hotel a crack - and thank god we did! This hotel is uber cool. The entrance to the hotel is not pompous and stuffy - it is visually stimulating with the great garden feature up the wall. The rooms were very spacious for Hong Kong standards( we did get the king harbour room view). The breakfast buffet was great! It had everything you wanted and more - waffles were the bomb! The room service was awesome - prompt and food was always hot and delicious! When ever we go back to Honkers I'll definitely be staying here again. Loved it!

• Stayed June 2013
Richard_Hatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Katakouzinos,
I am extremely pleased to read that you were satisfied with your choice of hotel for your Hong Kong stay and that we at Hotel ICON provided excellent services and facilities. Our Management and staff appreciate your compliments and pleased that they were able to assure you this was an excellent choice of hotel to add to a memorable visit.
Do feel free to email me directly if I can assist with any travel arrangements.
We look forward to welcoming you and your husband back!
With warm regards,
general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Been to Hotel ICON? Share your experiences!