“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel ICON

Save Saved
You added Hotel ICON to your Saves list
Hotel ICON
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Special Rate
"BOOKDIRECT" upto 30% OFF
Ranked #2 of 581 hotels in Hong Kong
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I found this hotel with the help of Tripadvisor. I typically try to stay with the same company in order to accrue points, but could not ignore the ratings this hotel has been given. We stayed at the Icon for two days at the end of an amazing vacation and was not disappointed. I can truly say that this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms were amazing. The free mini bar is a plus, but don't expect anything other than beer and juices. No hard alcohol. The view of the harbor was very good. You could clearly see the laser light show every night. The Star Ferry is just a 5 minute taxi ride or 30 minute walk away. The service was spectacular. My only issue was the price..but it was well worth it. Not to mention, the only thing cheap in Hong Kong are the taxi's.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Radhatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear wyblea

We would like to thank you for choosing Hotel ICON for your visit to Hong Kong.

Our team work very hard to ensure your time with us is as perfect as possible so we are delighted to read that you so enjoyed our iconic fresh interpretation of Asian hospitality and the Hotel’s location and that our team treated you so well.

Your kind words have already been passed on and are greatly appreciated.

Lastly thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experience of us.

We hope to welcome you back to Hotel ICON on your next trip to Hong Kong and please feel free to get in touch with me personally to make your booking direct and I will take care of all the arrangements plus a few little special surprises.

general.manager@hotel-icon.com

Richard HATTER

2,056 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (685)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Traveller3333
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed at many five star hotels before and the Hotel Icon has easily become the most memorable hotel stay by far. The hotel itself is less than two years old. The design of the rooms and the attention to detail particular with the bathroom and the modern electronic fittings simply amazed me. The staff were helpful and on standby 24/7 to fix up any housekeeping issues immediately.

Amenities and facilities are superb. TST shopping is about a five minute walk.

Would definitely recommend to a friend and if coming back to HK would immediately book another stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Traveller3333,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and sharing your experience of your stay. Your willingness to offer feedback is both welcome and appreciated. We were thrilled to read that you so enjoyed, in particular the free shuttle bus.
With regards to your room while we are glad you found our rooms comfortable. Thank you for highlighting the technology items you experienced and have mentioned to future prospective guests.

Should you be returning to Hong Kong we hope you think of us Hotel ICON, we look forward to welcoming you.

Richard
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stood at the Hotel ICON for 3 nights in April 2013.

I had been in contact with Suki Ho and Richard Hatter from the ICON prior to my stay and received very good responses and excellent arrangements.

They had arranged a limo to drive me from the airport to the hotel which was well needed after a 15 hour flight.

The team was ready for my arrival at the door with a very grand welcome making me feel very comfortable and appreciated.

I was taken to my room and one of the hotel staff(i forget her name unfortunately) spent about 15 minutes with me answering questions about navigating around town on the MTR(which is amazing and easy to use) and different accommodations that the hotel offered.

I was very happy with the room itself. I stayed in a Club 36 Harbour room. Very clean, great view of HK island, fantastic bathroom and shower, comfortable bed, good TV options, good room service food, very quick response from concierge and room service.

All in all it was a great stay at a GREAT hotel. If i ever get the opportunity to go back to HK i will definitely stay here again. Just around the corner from the Hung Hom MTR station which took me right to Shenzhen after my stay and also got me to other lines easily to get around town and to the Asia-World Expo.

Richard and Suki also arranged to have some nice Cuban cigars waiting for me. Very nice indeed:)

Thank you Richard and Suki for your wonderful hospitality and very gracious communication. I was extremely pleased with every aspect of my stay. Just wish i had more time there!

Room Tip: located about dead center of Asia-World Expo and Shenzhen via MTR(40 min each)
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ryan,

I was delighted to read your kind words about our hotel, it's location and our team. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and you took the time to write a review and share your experience. Your willingness to offer feedback is greatly appreciated.

Should you be returning to Hong Kong with friends, family or any reason we hope you think of us at Hotel ICON.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

The General Manager
paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

It's a new, chic hotel in hk. The room is spacious, modern and clean. The staffs are all welcoming and helpful. If you get bored with other traditional hotels, Hotel Icon is definitely your right choice for next trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear raissa s

Thank you so much for your review words, I understand it takes time and appreciate your willingness to offer feedback. I was delighted to hear you so enjoyed your stay with us and that our team treated you so well.
Hong Kong is a dynamic neon city and I am so glad you enjoyed your visit despite the weather. Should you wish to come back either as a family or for a romantic getaway we would be delighted to welcome you.

Kind Regards
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

If you feel like splurging, Icon Hotel is the place to do it. We stayed here for 2 nights while passing through HK and couldn't of been more happy with our choice.
The hotel is modern, cool and hip.
The lounge and restaurant look like pages cut out from a design magazine.
We stayed on the 16th floor and got a room overlooking the water and HK skyline. Huge floor to ceiling windows so you can literally lie in your bed and look out and enjoy the view!! The room is more expensive, but worth it.
Huge plus which I have never seen before in any hotel I have been to was the free mini bar!! Yes stocked daily with everything from sodas to beer and chocolate!! I was surprised by that.
The room had a separate bath and shower room (with a tv in it) and another toilet room. There's lots of counter space and mirrors.
The room was clean, smelled fresh and had absolutely everything you needed.
There's a 'rooftop' pool with gym, spa, lounge and bar. There are several restaurants in the hotel if you don't feel like going out to eat.
Service is excellent. You are treated very well and with respect. The only thing I didn't care for were the mini surveys they ask you to fill out after eating a meal in their restaurant. That's a bit annoying.
Good location. Walking distance to shopping areas, restaurants,bars and malls.
We very much enjoyed our time there. Wish it could have been longer!! Definitely recommend it!

• Stayed May 2012
Radhatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Ai G,

First allow me to offer our thanks. We were delighted to be a part of your special stay in Hong Kong and so pleased to read that we were able to enjoy the city.

We believe that a memorable experience starts with a team that is dedicated to doing all we can to enhance your time with us. Your kind words regarding our team, the décor and everything during your stay lets us know that this ethos has led us to meet your high expectations. Sorry about the annoying guest comment cards, will have a word with the team.

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a lovely review and sharing your experience of us here at Hotel ICON with the online travelling community. We appreciate you taking the time.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your wife back for many years to come.

Kind regards,

Richard
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for the Hong Kong Sevens from 19th to 27th March 2013. The Hotel is not near the rugby venue but the extra daily commute via the hotel shuttle bus and the MTR was more than compensated by the superior service from the hotel staff. While I went to the rugby my wife shopped till she dropped. The shuttle was great and dropped me at the MTR and my wife in the middle of the best shopping. Breakfast was excellent, as was the food in Above and Beyond. My wife loved the delicious pastries in Green and was absolutely spoiled by the staff. Special thanks to the Green's Manageress who couldn't do more to make my rugby widow feel special. The Club 36 Harbour room was very good as was the free mini bar. If you are 2 people or more take a taxi from the airport direct to the hotel, works out cheaper than express train and shuttle and much more convenient. Plenty low cost and excellent quality restaurants around the hotel. What makes a good hotel...superior, caring, polite staff.....and they have these in droves. Well done Hotel Icon...see you again soon.

Room Tip: The Club 36 room was one of their least expensive and was more than adequate. Might go for the Above...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CammieE,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent visit. We were thrilled to welcome you and your wife for your time at the Rugby Sevens in Hong Kong while she shopped. I have passed on your kind words to our team to enjoy. Our Green Team and Teddy and Kevan remember your wife well and send their best wishes.

We are all dedicated to ensuring every guest, has a truly memorable so it was a pleasure to read that you thought so highly of us.

We hope that you will think of us again for your Rugby Sevens 2014 visit.

Best wishes,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in the icon hotel for 2 nights and can't recommend it highly enough! The service was outstanding, the food/room service and room was all amazing and we both had a spa which was excellent and very good value.
They went that extra mile in every-way to make sure we were happy at all times.
If you're planning a trip to HK I would say the icon hotel should be where you stay.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear jerOZ27

Thank you sharing your experiences with us following your recent stay, I appreciate that these things take time and wanted to offer my thanks.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you like our Angsana SPA facilities, I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Richard Hatter

Been to Hotel ICON? Share your experiences!