“Simply They Care About you” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel ICON

You added Hotel ICON to your Saves list
Hotel ICON
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No.17 Science Museum Road, Tsim Sha Tsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China (Tsim Sha Tsui)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
35% OFF+Free 3G data WiFi
Ranked #4 of 691 Hotels in Hong Kong
Mecca, Saudi Arabia
“Simply They Care About you”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Its my official hotel in Hong Kong, i have spent wonderful 5 nights, very calm, very modern.

staff were amazing, food was great. beside that the location is just in the central area, walking distance to the harbor

i love it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Radhatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Dear Mazaaaj,
Thank you so m,uch for taking the time to share a review, we particulary liked your use of the words " Simply They Care About You".

On behalf of the whole team, a huge than you for your truly wonderful compliments.
We really enjoy looking after our guests.

Should you ever return to Hong Kong, I would be very happy to personally be happy to personally make the booking arrangements for your stay at Hotel ICON.

Hong Kong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (990)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

One of the best hotel we have stayed in rooms lovely and clean sheets and towels pure white and soft sure towels were changed daily , only there 4 nights but sheets changed as well . When you walk in lobby the loveliest smell greets you and continues on throughout hotel . Staff very attentive from door staff thru to reception they are all friendly . Used the limo service from air port well worth it takes all stress out of long journey . They greet you from taxi and all your check in is done in your room excellent service . One little grip air conditioning too cold espically in dining area turn it up and make it more comfortable , food goes cold very quickly as plates not hot and cold air . All in all excellent stay and would recommend

Room Tip: We had city view your entertained with volume of traffic but river views are best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 233284648RH

Thank you very much indeed for sharing your experience. It really means a great deal to us when our guests leave happy and inspired. Your note about the A/C has been taken up.
I wish you a wonderful Easter and look forward to seeing you again soon at Hotel ICON.

Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

After working our way south through mainland China, we were keen to cap off our trip with a special place, and we were not disappointed. Hotel ICON was near perfect. First impressions: walking into the lobby we were struck by the contemporary design and the very pleasant smell! Staff were suited smartly and were very service oriented. We requested a non-smoking, high floor and promptly found ourselves on floor 21. We had chosen a Harbour View and were so pleased to have spent the little extra money - especially at night, the lights were amazing. Our room itself was also superb. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was spacious, the towels and slippers plush, and there was lots of room to move around. We decided to try the dim sum served in the Above and Beyond restaurant for lunch and were again delighted. Not only was it delicious, but I detected subtle flavours not normally found in Chinese cuisine - it was thoughtful, delicate and a perfect Hong Kong meal. We also took advantage of some spa services which were lovely. To cap our stay off, we used the free shuttle to get to and from the Star Ferry as well as the free shuttle that takes guests to the Airport Express at Kowloon Station. So, so convenient.

My only VERY minor suggestion would be for the hotel to invest in a slightly nicer shampoo/soap/toiletry line.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear St George 146

We really enjoy looking after our guests.
The chef Joseph Tse and his brigade are delighted you appreciated his cuisine it's excellent that you tried our famous Chinese restaurant Above and Beyond and enjoyed it's subleties.

Thanks to review's like yours we are now NUMBER # 3 in Hong Kong !

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

only here for 3 nights, I don't think it will be long enough. from the moment you walk through the Door you feel welcome. the staff are all helpful and happy. the rooms are fantastic, we are on the 18th (1810) floor over looking the harbour, the nighttime lights are magical. i'm not sure if we get afternoon tea included... from reading the other reviews I hope we do! Three location is perfect, just a short walk to the very buzzy centre. Don't headfirst, book this hotel, it's modern, funky and smells wonderful

• Stayed February 2013
Radhatter, General Manager at Hotel ICON, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear casinoroyale,

Thanks so much for this review.
We could not ask for a nicer compliment and are so glad that you felt your time at ICON was such a great experience.

I would be very happy to personally make the arrangements for your next stay at ICON thereby ensuring that we understand your requirements are in order for you.
Please email me on
gm@hotel-icon.com

With all good wishes.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

This was my 2nd stay at Hotel Icon. It was just amazing as the first time in Sept. 2012. The attention to detail, the friendly staff, the rooms. Simply amazing! We had a club room (5 nights) & it was worth every penny. I enjoyed our breakfast at the market & the evening cocktails & appetizers at the Above & Beyond lounge on the 28th floor with gorgeous views of the harbor.

The only thing I feel that managment needs to consider is changing the appetizers in the above & beyond lounge on a routine basis, as they were basically the same as my visit in August 2012 & when staying long-term the change would be nice!

Otherwise, job well done & I will be looking forward to my next visit in June 2013!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Patrick Boyhan
I appreciate your positive feedback and also thanks for the tip regarding the A+B lounge canapes for which I am very grateful - I will liaise the chef to introduce some rotation.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Excellent hotel, view from room wonderful and high quality service; a room with a harbour view was a massive plus point. Would definitely stay there again. For Chinese New Year also had premium view of the fireworks. Adding in a meal at the Above and Beyond restaurant on 28th floor is a good plan.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sasha W

It sounds like your trip and stay at ICON worked out well.
Thanks for trying Above and Beyond and for the positive vibes !

With every best wish,

Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed there December 2012 for a few days in a Club 38 harbor view room.
The hotel, service and the room was just fantastic and we enjoyed every minute there.
The only thing which could be better is the location, but the shuttle bus brings you to the city center easily.

If HongKong we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Harbor view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear basel S

It is truly wonderful to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

I would be very happy to personally make the arrangements for your next stay at ICON.

So please do let me know when you next plan your trip, I will happily assist with any referrals you wish to make by adding a few 'GM perks' so I'd be very grateful if you can advise me in advance.

Richard

Been to Hotel ICON? Share your experiences!